Norwegian man says Thai wife and policeman lover framed him and got him deported

Jonathan Fairfield

Allthough I do feel for this guy who allegedly got kicked out of Thailand for spurious, and that his age is against him, going to the press in hopes of getting a way back in is NOT going to work and to be honest the amount of time spent by people about him is becoming tedious, he lost, he is not here BUT he is alive and I presume reasonably healthy. Get over it,  man up and move on.  

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tony125 said:

Guess you haven't had to deal with lawyers over here especially if he is outside of Thailand. As I said before Google or search this site for  Brit "Ian Rance" or Irish "Colin Vard". Lawyers, courts, media, police nothing has worked to get them back one baht of the multi millions each lost due to nefarious wives. A case of well-off businessmen thinking they were the smart ones and could not be duped by some poor dumb Isan farm or bar girl. They might not be smart enough to pull off a complicated scam but those that can will search them out. 

There's always an exception. These guys did everything correctly and by the book, they weren't being 'clever' or 'smart' - they simply did things the correct way and that should have been enough to protect them.

Doing things the right way won't protect you from absolute corruption on every level.

55 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

A lot of women apparently disagree with you. I like your posts Joe, but who are you to tell them their life is over.

I haven't told anyone their life is over, but their sex life is probably over.

PS your mum, 1 or 2 cats?

Edited by MaeJoMTB

16 hours ago, tryasimight said:

If you want to grow to be a lonely old man spending all his time in a constant state of paranoia about his 'wealth'..... Up to you. 

I'm quite happy with my Thai wife and life in general. 

But I stuck to my rules...... Got a vasectomy at 55 - no way I wanted to father another child who likely would lose his Dad before he finished high school.  Second rule...... Don't be older than your in-laws. My MIL is nearly 80. Third rule - don't marry anyone more than 10 years younger than yourself. Young girls don't love old men no matter what the deluded men say. 

Works for me. 

Have to disagree. Not only from my perspective, but from that of several others I know. I have no concern for my wealth; it is our wealth, my wife and I. However, I used to be concerned that we may spend too much of it and have little left for our son--but my wife has her own pension and we are giving to our son now. As far as having children, I would not be concerned that I would die before my son grew up; my father died before I was two, my first step-father died while I was in school, so it happens. It just means you have to have a plan to take care of the children. I am a year older than my MIL and considerably older than my wife, but we have been together for almost 40 years, so I put little faith in your belief that anything more than a ten year age difference would necessarily mean the wife could not love the older man.

I am constantly reminded of that when I meet a Brit friend in his sixties who has had the same Thai girlfriend for about eight years, she is quite easy to look at and is still in her mid-twenties. We see them often, she seems to adore him. I have two other friends in their 60s with wives in their 30s-40's,  they both have children and have been married for several years. Will they stay together, I do not know, but neither of those women are running around or blowing money; and neither of the men are wealthy.  One common denominator is that the men have something to offer their women other than money and neither of them have their head stuck in a bottle.

However, I see validity in what you say for the average barsteward. Far too many foreign men here have problems with their wives; and it seems it makes little difference how much younger the wife may be. There seems little compatibility between them and their women and the women all too often have recurring financial issues which keep the hubbies in debt. A couple of those wives openly cuckold their husbands, and the husbands simply look away. I feel for them and wish I could do something about it, but alas, I lost a good friend for not minding my own business.

For all the posters on here talking about "well I trust my wife!" I'm sure the Norwegian guy and all the other posters who have come on TV and cried about being ripped off said the same thing. Also those that say I put everything cars/MC ect in her name because it's just more convenient your just lazy and get what you deserve. If back in USA if I bought a car it would be in my name. If I bought one for my wife yes then it would be in hers or she might have bought 1 for herself. Makes No sense putting everything in Thai spouse's name. If things stay fine then when you pass she gets everything with a will and proper paperwork set up in advance. IF things do go bad then the Farang cannot be screwed totally by a revengeful wife. Just common sense which seems to go out the window over here.

13 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Falling in love is the best bit!

As the old adage goes, "Business is Business and Love is Bullsh*t." You have to be able to separate the two. If the girl marries for money, it is business and not love. The husband simply becomes the long-time customer.

On 12/9/2017 at 11:12 AM, saakura said:

Beware!! A nasty Thai could be hovering above you to drop a big stone on your head....or pop up from under the ground to stab you. Just looking all 4 directions may not be enough.

OR. Dont use your wealth to buy a girlfriend half your age and with nothing in common except an exchange of money for lust. Choose a partner equal in age, economic, education and social status.

Re: last sentence--Prince Ginger is certainly doing it wrong then, isn't he?

There is certainly a great deal of over thinking going on. I like to just see where things go, I am a relaxed person, nothing will happen that I can't take care of. The Norwegian must move on.

I have had fun all my life with this approach.

Seriously I couldn't even think about meeting or making some of the rules you guys come up with!

You may think I Iive life on the edge - so be it - it's fun! What's more I have a lovely wife and family it doesn't get better than this.

On 12/8/2017 at 4:50 PM, AlexRich said:

Moral of the story: Never buy land in Thailand (you don’t own it), never get married (girlfriend only) keep the bulk of your assets hidden in a safe country, and don’t show off money or assets (keep a low or no profile).

Agreed, its just pure common sense really, why so many Farangs continue to be victims of scams like this never ceases to amaze me, i said scams because thats what they are, pre planned well thought out just looking for there next victim, very sad.

4 minutes ago, Acemaker said:

Agreed, its just pure common sense really, why so many Farangs continue to be victims of scams like this never ceases to amaze me, i said scams because thats what they are, pre planned well thought out just looking for there next victim, very sad.

It probably wasnt a deliberate scam  , she probably just wanted out of the relationship and took full advantage

8 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I like how you deduced that. I agree that at least 50% of the people don't know how to make the right choice, But let me expand on that further, 

True that 50% of all Marriages end in Divorce. That is a crystal clear example that these people were not happy being married to that partner, thus went for the Divorce. But then you are only assumng that the people who get a Divorce are the only ones not happy with their marriage and this is where that would be wrong.

Many people are stuck in a marriage they don't want to be in but for one reason or another don't seak a Divorce. Maybe waiting for the kids to grow up? Maybe they like their In-Laws? Maybe they depend on each other finacially or just can't afford the Divoces. Maybe they just don't want to lower their Standard of Living. 

There are many reasons but out of the 50% who remian married, maybe 1 in 5 is actually happy with his partner. So for  a total that leaves 1 in 10 who is happy, or10%, A good example is Poland and what it was like 20 years ago. The Divorce Rate there was only 6%. Did that mean Polish People were happerier with their Partners than in the rest of Europe?

Not at all! Poland's Divorce Laws were so crazy back then that even if you went through all the time and trouble to get a Legal Divirce, you soon discovered that this didn't change anything. The Man or Woman you were trying to get rid of and out of your life, was still livng with you, but now has 50% Legal Ownship to the property. You could never get married again as no Polsih Priest would grant you a Divorced based on him being a drunk and he yells or beats you all the time. 

It has changed a llot over the years mostly because people there have more money now and now can afford to move out and rent there own Flat, but it sure wasn't like that years ago, 

Please endeth the Sermon, <deleted> !

8 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Almost every Thai lady I meet has children but no Thai father around.

Can't see that having a kid and then dying of old age is worst than having a kid and then running off (or getting killed in a RTA).

Foreigner way Vs Thai way = Same (same) outcome.

PS.

I'm not particularly talking bar girls, I'm living on a middle class Thai estate of 250 houses (1 foreigner, me). Almost every Thai guy appears to be dumping his Thai wife and moving away, some take the kids, some leave the kids. It's an amazing thing to experience.

We sure live in different worlds. In my neighborhood, where I too am the only farang--well, my wife is Filipina--there are a several single women in between 18 to 30 within the block, six or so are college girls--two live right next door to me and the others hang out there--none of whom have kids. However, if I go down to the bars or the market; most of the women in their 20s-30s have kids. Yes, I make small talk and ask; really easy when I have my three year-old grandson with me.

9 hours ago, Happy enough said:

you shouldn't think like that mate seriously. life goes on

I think I know what you mean, but I'm just being practical and no, life does not go on, eventually, for all of us. No point in pretending it does, as no one has managed to avoid the end.

I'm not depressed about it, or I'd not be discussing it- just a fact of life.

6 hours ago, smotherb said:

I lost a good friend for not minding my own business.

I learned the hard way that the quickest way to lose a friend is to try and help with their personal problems.

Perhaps strangely, I'm the opposite. If I have a problem, I'd appreciate a friend that cared enough to try and help.

Strange old world, in'it.

12 hours ago, ukrules said:

There's always an exception. These guys did everything correctly and by the book, they weren't being 'clever' or 'smart' - they simply did things the correct way and that should have been enough to protect them.

Doing things the right way won't protect you from absolute corruption on every level.

I think the oft-used word in this context is 'nominee'.

On 09/12/2017 at 4:26 PM, Spaniel said:

What I meant by convenient is that when a falang purchases a vehicle  you have to get a letter from your embassy to complete the purchase whereas my wife just shows her ID card.      Plus whenever I pass away that will be one less item (car ownership) she will have to sort out.     Now if you are in a marriage with a Thai where their isn't much trust then registering the vehicle in your name would be the way to go.

I have bought 4 motorbikes since living here, all in my name and never have i had to go to my embassy (UK)

Why did you have to go to an embassy?

25 minutes ago, chrissables said:

I have bought 4 motorbikes since living here, all in my name and never have i had to go to my embassy (UK)

Why did you have to go to an embassy?

I'm presuming it's to verify his address in Thailand , & if it is I don't know why they just don't go to Immigration & get a Certificate of Residence

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I learned the hard way that the quickest way to lose a friend is to try and help with their personal problems.

Perhaps strangely, I'm the opposite. If I have a problem, I'd appreciate a friend that cared enough to try and help.

Strange old world, in'it.

Yeah, I would too, but some feel embarrassed or imposed upon, I guess. He was being made a fool by his girl; she took money and had a boyfriend; I told him and I was the bad guy. He found out later, or maybe he knew all along. He dumped her, but still I am the bad guy.

3 hours ago, BEVUP said:

I'm presuming it's to verify his address in Thailand , & if it is I don't know why they just don't go to Immigration & get a Certificate of Residence

Correct.     I mentioned embassy but one can also get the letter at Immigration.      

21 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Almost every Thai lady I meet has children but no Thai father around.

Can't see that having a kid and then dying of old age is worst than having a kid and then running off (or getting killed in a RTA).

Foreigner way Vs Thai way = Same (same) outcome.

PS.

I'm not particularly talking bar girls, I'm living on a middle class Thai estate of 250 houses (1 foreigner, me). Almost every Thai guy appears to be dumping his Thai wife and moving away, some take the kids, some leave the kids. It's an amazing thing to experience.

I seriously question the veracity of 85-90% of what you post

You have a penchant for fabricating bullshit anecdotes to lend weight to your ridiculous arguments (one or two of which, admittedly, are very amusing)

250 houses and you're the only foreigner but somehow, you've managed to determine that "almost every Thai guy appears to be dumping his wife"????

2 hours ago, smotherb said:

Yeah, I would too, but some feel embarrassed or imposed upon, I guess. He was being made a fool by his girl; she took money and had a boyfriend; I told him and I was the bad guy. He found out later, or maybe he knew all along. He dumped her, but still I am the bad guy.

Yep, happened to me as well. After both got together ( as usual) they needed somebody to blame their non functioning relationship for. It's better to act like the three Chinese monkeys.

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

What do you mean they did everything by the book?

They took advantage of a legal loophole to circumvent laws preventing foreigners owning land in the Kingdom.

Fair enough, their methodology wasn't illegal but they used the letter of the law to defeat its spirit.

Did they deserve to lose their assets? No, of course not but they knew full well going in that the intention was to pull one over on the law using chicanery.

It's been made very clear that farangs trying to get around the law by buying land via companies face having their cornflakes pissed on in the most visible manner.

And rightly so.

8 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

250 houses and you're the only foreigner but somehow, you've managed to determine that "almost every Thai guy appears to be dumping his wife"????

There's 2 outside gossiping with my wife now.

One sells melons out of the back of her pickup cos hubby ran off with another woman (she earns good money).

The other ran away from her husband cos he beat her (too often) and had a kid with another woman (who has now moved in with him).

The couple opposite had a fight in the road last year, they both got in some good licks, and I recon it was a draw (she had been banging her boss), all good now they've just had a make up baby.

What happens on our moobaan is better than Lakorn (less magic and ghosts though).

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

There's 2 outside gossiping with my wife now.

One sells melons out of the back of her pickup cos hubby ran off with another woman (she earns good money).

The other ran away from her husband cos he beat her (too often) and had a kid with another woman (who has now moved in with him).

The couple opposite had a fight in the road last year, they both got in some good licks, and I recon it was a draw (she had been banging her boss), all good now they've just had a make up baby.

What happens on our moobaan is better than Lakorn (less magic and ghosts though).

So the goings on in all 250 houses are covered in a housewives gass outside your gaff??

Yeah

Righto

3 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

What do you mean they did everything by the book?

They took advantage of a legal loophole to circumvent laws preventing foreigners owning land in the Kingdom.

Fair enough, their methodology wasn't illegal but they used the letter of the law to defeat its spirit.

Did they deserve to lose their assets? No, of course not but they knew full well going in that the intention was to pull one over on the law using chicanery.

Can't say I have much sympathy for white guys edging around the law.

Plenty of them around CM, running a business and pretending it is the wife doing the work, buying land in the name of the wife, even had one boasting how he's built his house encroaching on government land.

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

So the goings on in all 250 houses are covered in a housewives gass outside your gaff??

Yeah

In the evenings many women sit in the road kerbside while all the kids run up and down.

I think extrapolation from a reasonably sized sample is sufficient.

But it's up to you, if you don't like my stories, easy enough to put me on ignore.