Norwegian man says Thai wife and policeman lover framed him and got him deported

Jonathan Fairfield

On 12/11/2017 at 12:33 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

There's 2 outside gossiping with my wife now.

One sells melons out of the back of her pickup cos hubby ran off with another woman (she earns good money).

The other ran away from her husband cos he beat her (too often) and had a kid with another woman (who has now moved in with him).

The couple opposite had a fight in the road last year, they both got in some good licks, and I recon it was a draw (she had been banging her boss), all good now they've just had a make up baby.

What happens on our moobaan is better than Lakorn (less magic and ghosts though).

Gosh! Your place sure sounds a lot more exciting then my place. The only thing that happens here is that somebody dies. Any place to rent around there? We have lots here for rent now. (Ha!Ha!Ha!)

By-the-way! I always like your Posts. You shoot from the Hip. 

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

LOL that's a mighty depressing view, mate

I wouldn't choose any of them because I don't think one has to married to anything.

Depressing to you is being Married to somebody to share your Life with. Then you say to me I have a depressing view on life????

I don't know Boy! The Head of the FBI for years lived with his Mom and never got married either, so nothing to be ashamed of, I guess. But at least he was attached to something and maried to his job. You say you are not married to anything. 

Well.....Good Luck in Life! You are going to need it!

On 12/10/2017 at 10:59 PM, Acemaker said:

Agreed, its just pure common sense really, why so many Farangs continue to be victims of scams like this never ceases to amaze me, i said scams because thats what they are, pre planned well thought out just looking for there next victim, very sad.

Yeah, but the perpetrators of the scams are not the sad part, it is the naivety of the farang; how can they be so ignorant and not know they are being played? I guess I understand some of the ignorance in the newbies who have never been away from home and never been exposed to these scams. However, why do so many long-term expats fall for them?

10 hours ago, madusa said:

That's difficult to do if you have a super ego and lots of money to throw around. A guy who is a little bit rich in Britain would be able to act & appear super rich in Thailand ( the exchange rate makes it so). So it makes those with super ego think it's their turn to show off their wealth which they would have difficulties to do in their home country because everything is so expensive in their home country.

That wonderful feeling when a woman 30 years younger than you keep saying she loves you, also touching you where you feel good.

Any Brit in Thailand will be feeling a little less richer if the bulk of their assets is held in GBP (British pound), as it’s fallen substantially since the EU referendum vote. But I take your point ... my point is that you need to come to Thailand with your eyes wide open and not show off with money ... you just make yourself a target for the unscrupulous. The Norwegian guy above was a victim of the “long game” ... not the first and however many times people are warned on forums like Thai Visa, he will not be the last. “My girl is different” is the cry!

1 hour ago, jenny2017 said:

Try it once? Where's the difference in paying money to a prostitute and having a prostitute as a wife who always wants to get paid for everything?

You blame your wife's pregnancy for the failure? Of course wouldn't have happened without it, wouldn't it?

And to your book, it';s neither the bible and doesn't sound like the Koran. Liking a job is something that i understand,but married to a job is a sort of perverted. Let's leave the church out here, too many kids were molested while I'm typing here. Two of my ex-neighbors back home were victims of the Roman Catholic Child Molesters. 

I married my wife because we loved each other and we still do. But you make it sound like everybody has to be married no matter to a woman, somebody from the same gender, or a ladyboy?

You can't make this up, can you?  

You method of understand is very limited.

All I was saying is that No Man was meant to live alone. I clearly pointed that out several times which you did not seem to understand. You do not have to follow My Book because My Book comes from My Experience. Which comes from Life and from many Books. 

Since you quoted the Bible then I assume you know a little about what is written there. Or the Koran for that matter. They both will agree with me in what I said in that No Man was meant to live alone. God created Eve from Adam because Adam was alone and he feared he would died. So you don't have to agrue with me. Agrue with God on your way down. 

Priest have been known to do bad things to children. As have Teachers, School Bus Drivers, Doctors, Dentist, and probably every other profession out there. But one rootten apple in a barrow doesn't make them all bad. Cathlic Churches and it's Nuns and Prreist have brough a lot of Good into this World and anyone who thinks elsewise is just a fool. 

In my Book all Mariage start out as happy ones. But yet 50% end in Divorce. It doesn't mean your will. It just means this is a fact you need to understand and better to know before you get married. I am on my third marrigae now for 10 years, and I knew this before I got married again. So I still have hope. 

If you don't know the difference between paying a Bar Girl, or having a Bar Girl Wife, then you have never been with one and I don't have time to explain. I am not, but many are and many are happy. They turned into good wives, and better than the first 2 I had for sure. 

I never blamed my first wife getting pregnant the cause of my failed marriage. I blame it on 2 kids 14 and 15 years old who wanted to have sex together but wasn't allowed by law to go to a drug store to buy a Condom, and his girlfriend wasn't allowed Birth Control Pills from a Doctor without a phone call to her parents first. I blame it on 2 kids 15 and now 16 year old having to get married as they had a baby on the way when they were no more than babies themselves.  

58 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Depressing to you is being Married to somebody to share your Life with. Then you say to me I have a depressing view on life????

I don't know Boy! The Head of the FBI for years lived with his Mom and never got married either, so nothing to be ashamed of, I guess. But at least he was attached to something and maried to his job. You say you are not married to anything. 

Well.....Good Luck in Life! You are going to need it!

Talk about narrow-minded.

Who says you have to be married to the person you share your life with?

I no more live with my mother than you do but I don't need to marry a woman so she can cook my meals and iron my shirts so who's the "Boy" here?

Might be a bit much for an old timer like you to get your head around but lots of men are perfectly happy without having to manacle themselves to anyone or anything.

2 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

I no more live with my mother than you do but I don't need to marry a woman so she can cook my meals and iron my shirts so who's the "Boy" here?

Might be a bit much for an old timer like you to get your head around but lots of men are perfectly happy without having to manacle themselves to anyone or anything.

Yeah Sure! I have shared stories with the Good Ole Boys out on a Night of serious drinking to. All I can say to you young fellow is I have already been there long before you and done that already. I was ironing my own clothes when I was 14 years old and could have ironed your diapers, except you weren't born yet. I am a better cook then any woman I married and taught them how to. 

You Young Guys keep forgeting that we were here long before you were born yet. I was probably in Thailand before you were born also. All this to me is Old Hat where for you it is all New Thing. But with your attitude all I can offer you is "Good Luck" "You will need it!"

11 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Oh Sorry! I never answered your question as who says you have to be married to share your life with. 

God Does!

6 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Oh Sorry! I never answered your question as who says you have to be married to share your life with. 

God Does!

Dunno about god, but I've been married nearly all my adult life (not to the same woman, but that was No1's choice, not mine).

I just like to have someone in bed with me and kids around me. Just seems normal to me.

It's certainly easier to bring up kids with two of you there anyway.

Back to the OP, doesn't seem sensible to give her too much though, that tempts them to grab and upgrade.

I can resist anything except temptation!

Edited by MaeJoMTB

2 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

God Does!

God???!!!

:cheesy:

Bible-basher alert

I'm surprised you weren't struck down in a flurry of flame and brimstone for getting divorced twice.

1 minute ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Dunno about god, but I've been married nearly all my adult life (not to the same woman, but that was No1's choice, not mine).

I just like to have someone in bed with me and kids around me. Just seems normal to me.

It's certainly easier to bring up kids with two of you there anyway.

I agree with you 100%.

It is Normal to me to.

I could say I have been married all my adult life as well, except my first marriage happend when I was only 16 years old. I did have a few single years and boy look out. All the Whiskey, Girls, and Song any man could desire. But to me it was Disney Land, and not real life. 

In the Village I am ever kids Uncle. Strange Uncle, but still an Uncle they feel well being around and comfortable with me. I set up a Christmas Tree and Lights, and also nice flashing lights around the house. just for them. Mind you from a distance it looks like a Whore House, but they don't know the difference. I will find some treats to put under the tree come Christmas.

To see the joy on there faces over some simple lights gives me joy. That to me is normal life. To give and yet recieve some joy from simple things. Like a warm bed to flop into. And a Wife who never gets angry at me. Of course except on "RED LETTER DAY!" (Ha!Ha!Ha!) 

13 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

God???!!!

:cheesy:

Bible-basher alert

I'm surprised you weren't struck down in a flurry of flame and brimstone for getting divorced twice.

That only happens if you are married in a Catholic Church. I am Protestant. As a Protestant all I have to do is say to God I am sorry, before I pass on, and he will forgive me. A Catholic Priest actually told me that once. (Ha!Ha!Ha!)

How many stories on TV have we seen the same thing in, Farang marries Thai Lady, then Farang looses Thai whore who runs off with his asserts and he is skint and has to go back home and his own people have to support him

But that is life in the land of corruption, live with it or move on not much else you can do is there. Law there is none for white people.

On 12/9/2017 at 8:31 AM, petedk said:

I agree with you. I have also been in the same relationship for 20 years (not married though - she says she is too old). She also has a lot more money than I have.

In fact, I trusted her with a large amount of money which she invested for me and gave a very nice return.

We only hear of the failures in the news and not the success stories. I have 3 or 4 foreign friends who have been happily married to Thais for 30 years or more.

Thats because 90 % of Thai / farang marriages end up in tears and they are short to mid term plans of money extraction . Do you think these beautiful young Thai women marry farangs for their looks ? no money number 1 and long term marriages survive because there is regular good incomes from the husband .I know of 1 man who has been done twice and each time 100k , the last one was the manager of his atm card , could tell of many similar stories , just have to be aware ans sensible and check that your brain is still in your head and not elsewhere . 

Edited by superal
no text

I'm not married and enjoy a pay-as-you-go relationship with a younger Thai woman with no asset transfers involved. And -- if she decides to run off with someone else -- it would more likely be with another Thai girl than a Thai guy.

I really think consideration should be applied to the fact that giving 1mill baht for the girlfriend is not exactly a fortune, and should not really be 'cleaning anybody out'. Working guys can easily recover and move on, as with any relationship anywhere.

Pensioners...well would take a little longer to recover, so perhaps a little more care with savings needs to applied. Other than that enjoy your selves guys :smile:

13 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

How many stories on TV have we seen the same thing in, Farang marries Thai Lady, then Farang looses Thai whore who runs off with his asserts and he is skint and has to go back home and his own people have to support him

But that is life in the land of corruption, live with it or move on not much else you can do is there. Law there is none for white people.

What would you like, sir?

Some sort of government-backed insurance scheme to make old lags whole if they get scammed by their Thai wife or long term GF?

Needy, forlorn middle-aged and elderly men looking for love and devotion and displaying a willingness to deploy cash to that end are easy marks.

The women know that all it takes to separate a dope from his wallet is a half-decent fake-orgasm face and a sub-55kg print on the bathroom scales.

Sadly, he law can't protect people from their own stupidity

On 9/12/2017 at 4:26 PM, Spaniel said:

What I meant by convenient is that when a falang purchases a vehicle  you have to get a letter from your embassy to complete the purchase whereas my wife just shows her ID card.      Plus whenever I pass away that will be one less item (car ownership) she will have to sort out.     Now if you are in a marriage with a Thai where their isn't much trust then registering the vehicle in your name would be the way to go.

Registering the vehicle in your name is inconsequential. It's only important who paid for it to prove ownership. It can be registered in another name 

A couple of years ago (not married or current GF) I bought a new Toyota. No embassy letter or anything except passport/retirement visa. Paid cash and got 30.000 baht deduction.

Buy it on delayed payment using your Thai woman's name and it's hers.

16 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

What would you like, sir?

Some sort of government-backed insurance scheme to make old lags whole if they get scammed by their Thai wife or long term GF?

Needy, forlorn middle-aged and elderly men looking for love and devotion and displaying a willingness to deploy cash to that end are easy marks.

The women know that all it takes to separate a dope from his wallet is a half-decent fake-orgasm face and a sub-55kg print on the bathroom scales.

Sadly, he law can't protect people from their own stupidity

I think I already chalked up a few stupidity points, as I am not quite perfect anyway and love new experiences. Perhaps that is why I have no fear for the future. Just a quiet acceptance that the best of plans can snag and I will deal with it as necessary.

2 hours ago, 473geo said:

I think I already chalked up a few stupidity points, as I am not quite perfect anyway and love new experiences. Perhaps that is why I have no fear for the future. Just a quiet acceptance that the best of plans can snag and I will deal with it as necessary.

We've all done stupid things and none of us are perfect but new experiences with women only involve the risk of significant financial loss when one's genitals make life decisions.

Most of us have the capacity to enjoy an orgasm without feeling the urge to amend our last will & testament during the post-coital pillow talk.

On 12/8/2017 at 5:50 PM, AlexRich said:

Moral of the story: Never buy land in Thailand (you don’t own it), never get married (girlfriend only) keep the bulk of your assets hidden in a safe country, and don’t show off money or assets (keep a low or no profile).

Simple!

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2017 at 11:50 PM, AlexRich said:

Moral of the story: Never buy land in Thailand (you don’t own it), never get married (girlfriend only) keep the bulk of your assets hidden in a safe country, and don’t show off money or assets (keep a low or no profile).

Everyone has different circumstances which are so wide and varied, so your opinion doesn't relate to everyone. And I'm someone who it certainly doesn't relate to ... well some of it anyway.

2 hours ago, ChiangmaiRob said:

Everyone has different circumstances which are so wide and varied, so your opinion doesn't relate to everyone. And I'm someone who it certainly doesn't relate to ... well some of it anyway.

It’s meant for those that don’t think carefully before they act ... it’s no big deal to make these mistakes if the amount expended is a small fraction of your total net worth ... but for many, like the Norwegian guy above, it might be everything they have got. Act in haste, repent in leisure! It will still happen of course ... “because my girl’s different” ... lambs to the slaughter landing in Bangkok every day ... same, same.

• 3 weeks later...

This always happens in Thailand and people never learn. Rules for living in Thailand are rent everything unless you are prepared to lose it. Rent the house, lease the car. Buy a motorbike if you wish but always give them a reason to keep you here and where it all goes pear shape, get out and go and find another to subsidize. Amazing how many foreigners think they are immune to all this. You never have 100% rights to live here. If they want you out they will get you out. Keep your money overseas. Take what you need here. Show what needs to be shown. Do you think some poor farmer in Issarn who has never had a pot to piss in missed the fact that you have a 2 million Mercedes, a 2 million house and money to boot. The temptation is too high. You never have 100% right to stay here no matter what you think. This is not Europe or the USA and time  for people to recognize that. Most Thai Lawyers are as useless as two left shoes. It goes nowhere. 

2 minutes ago, Charlie54 said:

This always happens in Thailand and people never learn. Rules for living in Thailand are rent everything unless you are prepared to lose it. Rent the house, lease the car. Buy a motorbike if you wish but always give them a reason to keep you here and where it all goes pear shape, get out and go and find another to subsidize. Amazing how many foreigners think they are immune to all this. You never have 100% rights to live here. If they want you out they will get you out. Keep your money overseas. Take what you need here. Show what needs to be shown. Do you think some poor farmer in Issarn who has never had a pot to piss in missed the fact that you have a 2 million Mercedes, a 2 million house and money to boot. The temptation is too high. You never have 100% right to stay here no matter what you think. This is not Europe or the USA and time  for people to recognize that. Most Thai Lawyers are as useless as two left shoes. It goes nowhere. 

really, so the many farangs that get thai citizenship can't own their own houses and cars? none sense

1 hour ago, Charlie54 said:

Very true-and it appears that this chap was not a "newbie" anyway but,it seems, we are all invincible and that it is going to happen to someone else but never oneself.

I saw quite a number of elderly foreigners being "done like a dinner" in Thailand.Their level of denial was quite fantastic until they woke up one fine morning to the ineluctable fact that they had been cleaned out.

Lots of people end up getting burned in most countries when it comes to love and money. Get married in the UK for example and it ends up in divorce...good luck keeping your house/assets if you are male there either...although you will probably get to keep at least a little.

Top-and-tail-of-it here in Thailand is that you shouldn't spend anything that you can't just throw up into the air in the street and walk away from saying "pfft." You can buy high value things like houses and cars, if you can afford them, and many foreigners get married and live happily ever after. The horror stories are usually people who have often shown (not always though) serious lack of judgment by spending more than they can afford to or what they can't afford to lose...an easily made mistake for the unwary/inexperienced in such a place. Keep your main principle money in a country that actually has laws for everyone and not selective enforcement and just bring over here what you are happy to chuck away on a roll-of-the-dice or good times. 

However, some people are overly negative on this one as bad news travels much faster than good news does....not like you read many news stories about "Foreigner is happily married for 40 years in Thailand" now, do you? Not everyone is doomed to failure as there are still many good Thai women to be found, just have to sift through the lies and deceit that you come across daily..but you get used to it after a while.

It's all a chance wherever you are, even though admittedly the risks are a little higher in such countries like this that have such money distribution inequality and discrimination towards even their own, along with the desperate fight by all to climb the ladder at all costs now.

This always happens in Thailand and people never learn. Rules for living in Thailand are rent everything unless you are prepared to lose it. Rent the house, lease the car.

Not entirely true , you can buy the car in your own name 100%, unlike houses. Apart from that I agree with you.