Top 5 Places to live in Thailand, Really?

Inspire

2 hours ago, Mansell said:

And Petchabun an hour north has nothing to offer.....if you go a bit further there are the mountains which are much cooler.

Agree on being cooler but no farang bars and the advantage of that is no farang tourists (after living on Samui). This long weekend is full of Thai tourists as there is a concert of some sort. Whoopee.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there really much difference ? The inside of a condo, or house in an estate, will always look the same, the pool and the gym always similar, The inside of any mall is identical, Big C and 7/11 are the same. The local sexpat area or bars are similar, you can buy a girl or a chaing, or both. The same internet everywhere, the same stuff on TV. You can waste a couple of hours each day on Thaivisa, anywhere.

If Thaivisa tells us anything, its that immigration, license, house/condo issues, GFs etc, is the same all over Thailand

I have lived in Phuket, Bangkok and Pattaya, with long term visits to Hua Hin and Chang Mai, my lifestyle in each place was pretty similar. 

The quietest place I have lived in was in the middle of Bangkok, the biggest party place I have lived was one of the quiet beaches in the south of Phuket, some of the nicest beaches I have found are out on the Pattaya islands or just south of Pattaya.

3 hours ago, Keesters said:

A good place to live in Thailand would be anywhere where there are no Farangs except yourself.

It would be absolutely the best if no Thais lived there too except for your own partner.

That would be my place!

No other farang for miles around...I just went to the small city, 20 km away from my home, and didn't see one farang, even though it was pretty crowded since it is a holiday.

On 10/12/2017 at 10:35 AM, connda said:

NCC1701A - you missed Hua Hin:  Home of Thai men who engage in group beat downs on  elderly farangs including 65 year old women, no doubt considered a from of chivalry.

She was a trouble making chav.  In her homwtown a foreigner getting battered would not make news.  Her and her family got what they deserved!  But I agree  HH dread

Edited by The manic

On 12/10/2017 at 10:45 AM, Kwasaki said:

Yeah don't come and live where l am it's a terrible place those 5 places are the best.

I agree. Those 5 are the best most outstanding places where any Foreigner considering living in Thailand  should move.  I would also add Pattaya to the list. 

On 12/10/2017 at 3:54 PM, Mansell said:

You have to be joking...this is a two street town/village with nothing to offer. I was seeing a lady there, and there wasn't even one decent restaurant , the one she took me to offered French fries and that was the summit of the gastronomic world there. It is also hot as hell. I was told by one farang there that there were around 250 farang in the surrounding area.....probably all married to farmers. And Petchabun an hour north has nothing to offer.....if you go a bit further there are the mountains which are much cooler.

Chiang Rai is a semi-industrial place with not much to offer besides the Queen's Gardens in the mountains, and they were beautiful. 

I moved from Phuket on a quiet beach, to Korat. And I am really enjoying it here. If you are into malls they have three huge ones here that make Phukets one look like a dump.....just my opinion.

I am sure everybody is happy where they live in Thailand, if not....Move!

My God sir,when was your visit 1970,i can tell you it is a nice place,some may not care for it's rural charm,but to describe it as you have thus, yes it does get hot in the summer,but of course i de camp to my luxurios house in the Cameron highlands in summer,in Malayasia.

I should add that is if i am not prospecting for gold in New Guinea,but after the last trip when some of the native porters deserted,and some were captured and eaten,i have grave doubt's about another foray,i mean having to pour your own brandy,damnable, at one stage we even had to cook,i mean i am up to it,but that is what you call a difficult,in fact hellish expedition,Carruthers wants to go again,but our other partner Snodbury is out with gout,and i don't think i can face it and i have recently got married and am building a house of vast proportions,8 bedrooms ,9 bathrooms and guess what i am giving it all to my wife .

5 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

I should add that is if i am not prospecting for gold in New Guinea,but after the last trip when some of the native porters deserted,and some were captured and eaten,i have grave doubt's about another foray,i mean having to pour your own brandy,damnable, at one stage we even had to cook,i mean i am up to it,but that is what you call a difficult,in fact hellish expedition,Carruthers wants to go again,but our other partner Snodbury is out with gout,and i don't think i can face it and i have recently got married and am building a house of vast proportions,8 bedrooms ,9 bathrooms and guess what i am giving it all to my wife .

Yes overall ur post makes zero sense but ur wife gonna be happi she found u.

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:57 AM, Inspire said:

Chiang Mai: Mountain Views and a Slower Pace of Life, Koh Samui: A Tropical Island Haven, Bangkok: Modern and Affordable, Hua Hin: Relaxed Seaside Retreat, Phuket: A Beach Lifestyle with All the Amenities.

Chiang Mai- probably the most boring tourist town I've ever been in. Slower pace of life- try walking across the moat road slowly if you believe that. No mountain views in the city itself.

Samui- a once beautiful tropical island ruined by concrete and greed

Bangkok- I've never even considered living there. Too polluted, too dirty, too expensive. Terrible traffic.

Hua Hin- ruined by concrete and has a rubbish beach which has been encroached by the condos below high tide level. Rubbish public transport.

Phuket- one would, IMO, have to be barking to live there.

Typical BS publication by people that probably never went anywhere else.

The place with probably the highest number of expats, Pattaya, not even mentioned in the list.