US couple arrested for taking naked selfies in Thailand have been released from jail

Jonathan Fairfield

29 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

No need for pm, and it does not take a Nobel prize winner to realize homophobia was indeed the reason.

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk

Homophobia caused several of your friends to deceive their female heterosexual life partners into civil union for the purpose of disguising their sexual preference if I understand what you have stated.

If I cheat on my taxes does that make me suffer from homophobia just a little bit?  I fail to see how serious character flaws are the fault of anyone other than oneself.  Your friends need to learn they have control over their  response to others behaviour.  Seeking help for low self esteem issues is far more productive than screaming it's all homophobia's fault.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" With their return to the United States imminent, the pair wasted no time in resurrecting their Travelling Butts Instagram account"

Is it too late to arrest them again?

We can say this that about Thais but we must respect there sensitivity about their holy sites These 2 did not Idiots What would the American Gov do if i stood naked in front of the white house and putting my arms around people taking photos I would be arrested for indecent exposure Stay away you 2 maggots and show some respect for the country you go to

It does not matter a wit that these 2 guys are gay. The issue is that they were visiting

Thailand and posed wih their asses uncovered in front of a Temple!  That is insulting, disrespectful

and plain stupid. So these two Americans once again showed us that some Americans

still thiunk they are number one and can do what they want, where they want.

Shame on these two stupid gay guys. They should have spent the entire 2 years

eating rice in the Bangkok Hilton!

Geezer

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Ah so many posts, so much hate. 

Not hate Blue  Just dont like it when people go to other countries and think they do what they want and show no respect for their laws I am sure America would re-act the same way if someone showed no respect for their country RESPECT is not shown by these 2 guys

1 minute ago, Happyman58 said:

Not hate Blue  Just dont like it when people go to other countries and think they do what they want and show no respect for their laws I am sure America would re-act the same way if someone showed no respect for their country RESPECT is not shown by these 2 guys

A: it’s blues if you must shorten my username

B: I’ve read the posts on the thread, there’s a lot of homophobia in some. What these morons did has nothing to do with their sexuality. 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

A: it’s blues if you must shorten my username

B: I’ve read the posts on the thread, there’s a lot of homophobia in some. What these morons did has nothing to do with their sexuality. 

Thanks for setting me straight about your username Can i call you Bluey?:cheesy:

22 hours ago, MarkusAUST said:

I think the whole thing got blown totally out of proportion, so them being released and going on their way is the right course of action. People committing violence get away much lighter.

Had they done it at a mosque in an Islamic country they would have found out what out of proportion was.

I am not religious but many people are and to deliberately offend their deeply held beliefs in such a way is very wrong.  I suspect they would not approve of similar bigots going out of their way to grossly offend gays. 

5 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

21 pages of ranting over what was really nothing, just two guys doing something stupid.

The lunatics on here love a good hang em' high story. 

Have you not been around here long enough to know that 21 pages is really nothing for a TVF thread and that its more a measure of how bored some of us are than whether we really hold a strong opinion about a particular topic? 

BTW, very impressive ratio of posts to reactions. 

I feel a twinge of TVF envy. 

2 minutes ago, ClutchClark said:

Have you not been around here long enough to know that 21 pages is really nothing for a TVF thread and that its more a measure of how bored some of us are than whether we really hold a strong opinion about a particular topic? 

BTW, very impressive ratio of posts to reactions. 

I feel a twinge of TVF envy. 

Did I ruffle a few feathers? 

Oh very envious (and yes that is sarcasm) :) 

19 minutes ago, PremiumLane said:

Did I ruffle a few feathers? 

Oh very envious (and yes that is sarcasm) :) 

Ha...it would take alot more than what anyone here on TVF has to throw to ruffle these feathers. 

The thing I find challenging about TVF is dealing with all the stupidity. 

There are guys on here that I have never shared a similar view with on any topic but I still look forward to their posts because they offer thought provoking responses. They raise the bar for me and the topic. I have even more appreciation for guys that bring humor to the thread.

OTOH, there are guys like you who go quick for personal attack without any real substance to the topic. An example being your two post contribution to this thread. But I will continue to read your posts for atleast a bit longer so I can better understand if your 2:1 ratio is the result of intelligent responses or just zingers.

By your third post you really should have made some effort to address the topic so make your next one count.  ;-)

Cheers

Edited by ClutchClark
Added bit about guys who inteoduce humor.

I think the whole thing got blown totally out of proportion, so them being released and going on their way is the right course of action. People committing violence get away much lighter.
They were rightfully held in immigration detention.

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

You'll find the vast majority of people incarcerated in Thai prisons are Thai people.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

No? Thai men are constantly dropping their pants at temples an no one gives a whit.

The ONLY reason this is an issue is because they are homosexual foreigners. Had them been Thai or even heterosexual foreigners we would not be having the discussion.

It has not even been shown that they understand their behavior was inappropriate.

12 minutes ago, mogandave said:

No? Thai men are constantly dropping their pants at temples an no one gives a whit.

The ONLY reason this is an issue is because they are homosexual foreigners. Had them been Thai or even heterosexual foreigners we would not be having the discussion.

It has not even been shown that they understand their behavior was inappropriate.

Is homosexuality an issue in the Thai culture?

Honestly did not think it was to the extent it would result in imprisonment.

Are you serious? The 35-year-old  gay couple did not even understand their exposing themselves was “inappropriate”? Thats rich.

Why were they clothed at all then if they thought nudity was OK in Thailand? 

Is there behavior not “inappropriate” in the US?

These two did not suffer persecution because of their secual preference. Thailand is full of gay men who live freely every day.

Edited by ClutchClark

45 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Whoa. Seriously? 

If they were incapable of differentiating right from wrong, you are arguing that they were insane as defined by the law. They were intelligent enough to take and post the photos of their exposed buttocks. Also, it is self evident that one does not enter a religious zone and undertake immodest behavior.  Nor is ignorance of the law a defense. These two twits knew what they were doing. Aside from a nudist enclave, a swingers  gathering or a gay bath house where else is it acceptable to expose your buttocks in the way that they did? People might be more understanding if these  guys were free spirits and not selfish arrogant attention seeking immature jerks. I don't want to see their ugly  posteriors in Paris, or Rome or Topeka and I certainly don't want to see them in a place where  people behave in a restrained manner.

Whoa. Seriously? 
If they were incapable of differentiating right from wrong, you are arguing that they were insane as defined by the law. They were intelligent enough to take and post the photos of their exposed buttocks. Also, it is self evident that one does not enter a religious zone and undertake immodest behavior.  Nor is ignorance of the law a defense. These two twits knew what they were doing. Aside from a nudist enclave, a swingers  gathering or a gay bath house where else is it acceptable to expose your buttocks in the way that they did? People might be more understanding if these  guys were free spirits and not selfish arrogant attention seeking immature jerks. I don't want to see their ugly  posteriors in Paris, or Rome or Topeka and I certainly don't want to see them in a place where  people behave in a restrained manner.

They had been dropping their pants and taking photos all over the world without a problem, why would they expect it to different here?

I am sure had they understood dropping your pants at a temple was inappropriate, the would not have done it.

It has not even been proven that the even knew it was a temple.

2 minutes ago, mogandave said:

They had been dropping their pants and taking photos all over the world without a problem, why would they expect it to different here?

I am sure had they understood dropping your pants at a temple was inappropriate, the would not have done it.

It has not even been proven that the even knew it was a temple.

To use that well-quoted phrase: Ignorance of the law is not a valid defence.

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Incorrect. They have done numerous times in the USA including in front of the white house with no apparent legal consequences at least that I'm aware of. But the big issue in Thailand I think was the offense to the religion here regardless of their awareness and intentions about that. The setting. If they did at a beach it's doubtful they even would have been fined.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I aee you follow

22 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Please tell me you are having some fun.

Even if I could stop laughing I am not sure how I could respond in a manner that someone who authors that statement could understand.

Come clean, is this whats called taking a piss? If so its great stuff.

3 minutes ago, mogandave said:

I was not speaking to the legality of the act, but rather the seeming hatred of the two victims.

the two victims?  I thought they had committed a crime.  I really don 't understand the bizzaro world of the liberal lifestyle.  Men that expose themselves are known as victims

On 12/10/2017 at 9:16 AM, MarkusAUST said:

The fact that the authorities here made such a big stink about it will dissuade many people from coming to this police state.