Exit/ReEntry visa choices?

Hi,

I live in Bangkok but going to Chaeng Wattana is a pain, wastes my whole day, I try and avoid it except for annual Non Imm O extension. I'm on a Non Imm O ext now and will likely need to travel overseas at short notice in January so will need to get an Exit/ReEntry visa. 

Two questions I have are:

1. Can this be done easily with say an extra hour given to my check in time at either DMK or BKK airports? I don't know which I will use. Surely this is better than wasting a whole day at Chaeng Wattana?

2. I will travel over New Year to my parents in law province and they have an Imm Off in walking distance. Can I get an Exit/ReEntry visa there or do I need to complete the other moving home forms first (TM30) as well? I will stay there about 10 days but worry if doing home moving report (TM30) then when I get back to Bangkok the 90 day reports won't work until I go back to Chaeng Wattana with a TM28 moving back to Bangkok report - another wasted day for me.

Any advise welcomed.

There is no exit/re-entry visa. I assume you are asking about a re-entry permit.

1. You can get a re-entry permit 24 hours a day at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country. At DMK the desk is just after the departure immigration desks. At BKK it is located just before the desks in immigration zone 2. It should not take more than a half hour to do it.

You can save some time at Chaeng Wattana by applying online and getting an appointment to pick it up. See: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/qrepsonline/online/queue/REPSAction.do?cmd=term

2. You would have to formally do a change of address to apply for the re-entry permit at a different office. Best to get it at CW or on departure from the country at airport.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

At DMK the desk is just after the departure immigration desks

Thanks for your reply, very helpful. Will avoid doing it at another office upcountry.

Regarding DMK, how does that work if the desk is AFTER departure immigration? They will let me thro to it - or is there a risk I get stamped out first without the Exit/Reentry permit? Surely the desk needs to be before? 

5 minutes ago, MJKT2014 said:

Thanks for your reply, very helpful. Will avoid doing it at another office upcountry.

Regarding DMK, how does that work if the desk is AFTER departure immigration? They will let me thro to it - or is there a risk I get stamped out first without the Exit/Reentry permit? Surely the desk needs to be before? 

You do not need the re-entry permit until you re-enter Thailand, which is why it's just called a re-entry permit and not an exit/re-entry permit.

Sophon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MJKT2014 said:

Your logic is impeccable! However, whether the re-entry permit is placed in your passport before or after your exit stamp has no impact on what the stamps in your passport look like, and at DMK they choose to use the same office used for overstays. I guess there is no more convenient location. As long as the officials provide what you ask for, it obviously does not matter.

• Like 1