Surprising Fishy taste in Pizza. Phobia.

Rc2702

Yesterday after a 6 hour power walk round a large shopping mall we chose to get pizza and take it home. We have this loyalty card which means we get 241.

My pizza tastes as expected 3 bites in and then my 4th bite and I'm tasting Fish. It is not supposed to be a fish pizza in any way at all.

I voice my concern but Mrs says she cannot taste fish. I throw away the rest of the slice and think maybe thru got utensils mixed up or failed to wash existing pan before prep and a bit of fish has got mixed in.

Later that night I am peckish and I go for 1 more slice and again it's a dish taste and it's absolutely disgusting.

This morning my Mrs has a slice around 11 and she finds it tastes fishy too. We have a whole pizza remaining and two slices of first one.

I doubt I'll ever eat pizza from that place again. The fear of tasting Fish in a pizza is just too much.

Just now, sipi said:

Fish sauce and/ or shrimp paste mystery make their way into another dish.

I would not be surprised if they were trying to compensate one ingredient for a bit less of another and trying to shift the surplus fish/sauce through other products

I recall checking the promos the other day and every single special deal on their site involved crab sticks

Many a time I'v tasted fish off something meaty....just put it down to them not changing the cooking oil....hardly worth bothering about?

What interested me was the "6 hour power walk"....Wow!.....sounds like a marathon...well done

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Many a time I'v tasted fish off something meaty....just put it down to them not changing the cooking oil....hardly worth bothering about?

What interested me was the "6 hour power walk"....Wow!.....sounds like a marathon...well done

Had many pizzas from the same biz but never this contaminated experience and has put me off. Tasted a bit of fish sauce before from local vendors who maybe did not change oil etc but nothing as revolting and pungent as the pizza who I'd expect better from.The power walk is due to carrying a 10kg child around mall for 6 hours in the baby carrier. 

For Heaven’s sake ( does not exist of course) - you did a 6 hour power walk- probably causing serious injuries to the ladies with those big fluffy mops , various stall holders, the odd ladyboy , and the ladies in Korean National dress that appear outside most restaurants these days.

Is there more to your life ( apart from power walking) than complaining about a fishy pizza - of course we don’t go down the route of comparisons 

1 hour ago, peterb17 said:

For Heaven’s sake ( does not exist of course) - you did a 6 hour power walk- probably causing serious injuries to the ladies with those big fluffy mops , various stall holders, the odd ladyboy , and the ladies in Korean National dress that appear outside most restaurants these days.

Is there more to your life ( apart from power walking) than complaining about a fishy pizza - of course we don’t go down the route of comparisons 

No not on Saturday.  My day was good and then I bit into a super deluxe pizza and tasted fish. It ruined my meal and put a negative on a decent day so I decided to write about it and now I feel better. Good to get things out there I think. I'd prefer to write about experiences good or bad than simply comment on them anyway. Cheerio.

11 hours ago, Formaleins said:

maybe one of the young ladies forgot to wash her hands before rolling the dough? If it looks like a prawn and it smells like a prawn, there is a good chance it's a prawn!

Could been one of the hand tossing pizza lads also after a finger bang and case of stinky pinky.

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 2.16.17 AM.png

Edited by csabo

2 hours ago, grollies said:

Great, now I just lost my breakfast :sick:

I could not grab my camera fast enough but I was walking past a donut shop in a mall last week and the girl at the counter was popping zits using the coffee machine as a mirror.  Then she was handling the trays.  We've all seen it.

1 hour ago, csabo said:

I could not grab my camera fast enough but I was walking past a donut shop in a mall last week and the girl at the counter was popping zits using the coffee machine as a mirror.  Then she was handling the trays.  We've all seen it.

Bloody hell, I've not had lunch yet, what are you lot trying to do to me?