BWS - beers wines and spirits

Rc2702

Recently been sipping on U beer. I think it's a decent drink but I have been isolated from choice for some time now so I do wonder if I've just settled for it. I can't stomach the idea of Leo when I'm presented the choice at the fridge in 711 anymore.

Weekends I dabble in a little bottle of J.Walker red.  

It's no macallan but it's ok for me here.  Enjoy a couple of glasses str8 with no ice at the end of the evening.

My monthly spend on alcohol has diminished from 1 x Leo large a night @ 55 baht - spend 1650 per month to:

10  x pack of 2 u beers large cans 950 baht and max 2 of the smallest jw red bottles - so under 1350 baht a month.

What's your tipple and spend and frequency of drinking?

I do not have a schedule for drinking. I rarely, if ever, drink at home unless we are entertaining. I do go out three or four times a week and probably drink too much. I drink San Miguel Light or Tiger regular beer in daytime and Jack Daniels or Regency with soda at night--usually depending upon Farang or Thai bar. I have no idea how much I spend, does it really matter; I drink what I want.

I drink about 7 to 8 cans of Tiger a day (mainly in the pool, but over the course of 6 hours or so) and in the evening about 2/3rds of a bottle of Sang Som with water, no ice, whilst watching TV (so that’s about 6 hrs). Used to have about 500cl of Mont Clair with the evening curry but I’ve gone off that. Only drink out rarely (market day, maybe).

Cost? A case of Sang Som from Promphan in Phuket works out to around 260 baht a bottle, and Tiger from Supercheap is around 720 baht a case. Monthly expenditure? Well, the numbers are there  - I just don’t want to add them up.

PS My last Gamma (liver) count was 93 not out.

I unfotunartely drink 12 or so large leo each day. While working back home, I sunk a dozen cans every evening, so almost double what I  was drinking.

The cost I measure in kilos. 15 kg up since May. Not an ideal situation, although I do enjoy it.

6 hours ago, newatthis said:

A couple of fingers of Regency in a large glass with ice and Coke Zero at night X 2.  It may not be classy or orthodox but I enjoy it. Can't hack Meridian; it's a little bit too sweet. Total outlay approx 600 baht per week.

No. I'm with you. I was finding my jd and coke lite too sweet after getting hooked on regency  and coke lite. I even brought back two bottles to Canada my last trip... they didn't last 2 week's?

Edited by Curmudgeon1
Spelling

Daily red wine & beer. All Thai beers suck, but IMO Leo sucks less than the rest. Don't care for U at all. 

Vodka tonics go down easy and regularly. Sang Som/Coke on occasion. Usually Sang Som/Coke and splash of soda water.

On 12/11/2017 at 11:27 AM, hocuspocus said:

Get a life and don't be too concerned about what other people are doing, next it will be how many times a day we go to the toilet.

That has already been covered and was quite a popular thread. If u don't care for the topic, move on to another thread. E-Z!