Prawit caught red-handed? More watch photos emerge

webfact

15 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

To be honest I'd never heard of a Richard Mille watch until this topic arose. I'm off to Laos next month. Can get a Rado or Rolex for 500 bt or so. I'll ask about this Richard Mille stuff.

But what intrigues me - and I didn't notice until this watch and ring thing blew up - is just how short the guy is. I understood that anyone under 1.5 metres tall couldn't join the Thai Military.

Each 100K THB contributed to the right people will gain you 1 cm in height.   :thumbsup:
In Thailand, money is truly a social and cultural lubricant.  With enough money, you can become a giant! 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, glasswort said:

Wonderful command of the English language: barts(baht), blinged (sorry. no idea), Roli' (Rolex), offa (from) .. (.), gangsta (gangster), .? (?). 

you forgot dawg. - but pleased you were able to decipher it, so -go to the top of the class, well done.

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

you forgot dawg. - but pleased you were able to decipher it, so -go to the top of the class, well done.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. As a matter of interest I did not forget dawg as I believe there is a cartoon titled deputy dawg and concluded this was acceptable.

18 minutes ago, glasswort said:

Wonderful command of the English language: barts(baht), blinged (sorry. no idea), Roli' (Rolex), offa (from) .. (.), gangsta (gangster), .? (?). 

Yes, appalling lack of standards these days, I gave up being shocked when I learnt that the word 'innit' is actually in the dictionary, 'ya know wot I mean'.

Edited by soalbundy

32 minutes ago, connda said:

If I was Prawit, I'd simply fall on my sword and admit to the public that he visited one of the various bazaars which sell imitation, knock-off, vanity watches and in a moment of weakness picked up two or three fake Richard Milles for about 2K THB each in order to impress his friends and family.  Apologize, high-wais all around, and forgiveness will follow. 

Good idea, but then make him publicly destroy them with a hammer, which is the usual fate for counterfeit goods!

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

I am sure i have seen numerous photos of him with huge chunky gold chains and watches as well. Nothing probably in the value of the Richard Mille ones but without doubt above the declaration threshold (unless they are fake). You don't get much for 200,000 baht in Thailand when it comes to branded watches.

As others have commented, i would find it more important if the NACC would ask for clarification on  how his wealth has accumulated about 30 million in cash over the past 6 or so years, when on his 2008 (and 2014) declaration there did not seem to be any business interests, valuable land holdings etc noted which could of been sold.

Only the stocks could have helped him. But I doubt that that is so much, going into detail how his money has grown would be good it would either finger him for corruption (likely) or clear him (not so likely). I think this should be checked for sure. 

weii, well, it's good to have good friends and a good family.

Just when you in need for a watch there is someone to offer you this one or another.

Just when you in need for a ring, a family member is offering you one

It's good to know to have wealthy friends and family. Then it's sooo easy to lend a poor Mr. Prawit a watch or two or a ring...

Hmmmh, I should go around now and ask my friends and family, but - stop - I'M NOT IN ANY NEED FOR any of THOSE STATUS SYMBOLS. But if you don't have any qualities like honor, legality or BRAIN, then you'll need those things just for compensation.

3 minutes ago, chuang said:

He should go to MBK to look for same copy watches.....problem solved..:cheesy:

Why so complicated, the commission will believe the watches came out of the ducks arse and the rings from last years Christmas crackers, no need to lose face with fakes.

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

That a rich friend lent him a watch was always stretching credulity, it was theoretically possible. That a rich friend lent him several hugely expensive watches to wear is ridiculous and ludicrous.

This scandal will have legs. It's hard to enrage people over the details of a contract, or over the implications of a trade policy, or over the minutia of a policy change which benefits someone in particular.

As I said yesterday, it is easy talking "Bling".

People won't forget this one quickly and questions will need to be answered.

Art44 will make everybody forget easy

5 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Careful! People are watching his watches like watching witches wizzing by wuzzies wearing watches! :w00t:

It's better than watching grass grow, or cleaning teeth and waiting until dry before covering.

4 hours ago, isaanbanhou said:

maybe he is endorsed by the watch company and his contract requires him to wear on.  Micheal Jordan had the same kind of agreement with Nike

Similar to that police chief with the booze then...

He might be doing some consulting for the watches corporations yes 555

6 hours ago, candide said:

People are really ill intentioned! It's just that he is a very nice guy and has plenty of friends who lend him their watches! 

Exactly, they know he is being watched, so good advertising for the company, no big deal here.

Not as if he were a Monk with a warehouse full of Merced:partytime2:es.

1 hour ago, connda said:

Each 100K THB contributed to the right people will gain you 1 cm in height.   :thumbsup:
In Thailand, money is truly a social and cultural lubricant.  With enough money, you can become a giant! 

And so the slippery mile high club was formed with no obstacles to the BMI challenged . 

1 hour ago, glasswort said:

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. As a matter of interest I did not forget dawg as I believe there is a cartoon titled deputy dawg and concluded this was acceptable.

No, it isn't.  Just because some old poof writer said it once doesn't make it true.  He actually said "Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence.”  I wonder why most people who quote it omit the last part?