PM Prayut promises villagers he will consider staying in power longer

webfact

9 hours ago, baboon said:

And how do the Thais get to make their preferences known and acted upon, exactly?  

as they usually do, first the ballot, than the bullet! these people have been going through this for many. many years and they do not need any help from computer commandoes!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, captspectre said:

as they usually do, first the ballot, than the bullet! these people have been going through this for many. many years and they do not need any help from computer commandoes!

What ballots would those be?

28 minutes ago, kaorop said:

Nice little story you made up...but jebus any 12 yrs old could come up with that as a essay....Your story falls flat so easily but Im not going help you trollon by pionting it out....Go read some books your stories then might pass a year 9 english class.???

I don't give a rats arse what you think, everything I mentioned was true ....

As they say '  why the hell do you care ... it's not your country ....  lol :shock1:

Nice little story you made up...but jebus any 12 yrs old could come up with that as a essay....Your story falls flat so easily but Im not going help you trollon by pionting it out....Go read some books your stories then might pass a year 9 english class.[emoji23][emoji4][emoji23]

Most twelve year olds can distinguish between reality and fantasy. Most of them are aware of the results of telling a pack of lies...

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 4:21 PM, captspectre said:

as a disinterested foreigner living in Thailand for many years, I for one would like to see him stay on! since he ha been in power there have not been any demonstrations, fires, airport closures, and riots.I have seen dictators come and go and he one of the better ones. there is too much of a caste system here, the rich do not believe that they have to follow the law and the poor are to poor to do anything about it. in short, Thailand is not ready for western democracy!

So there!

There's certainly no such thing as a "disinterested foreigner living in Thailand for many years", and the idea of cherry-picking among dictators is just too ridiculous to even address, but I do agree with your concluding statement.

1 minute ago, captspectre said:

the ballet that elected Taksin, the ballot that elected his sister, where have you been? or did you just get here? never mind answering,

So they used the ballot and kept seeing their choices overturned. The only people not ready for democracy are the military and their backers.

6 minutes ago, captspectre said:

the ballet that elected Taksin, the ballot that elected his sister, where have you been? or did you just get here? never mind answering,

It's been put to music?  Really?  

I presume you actually mean the ballots that were bought & paid for...  Yeah, even people with the fattest wallets do expect to get their money's worth.

Edited by hawker9000

50 minutes ago, steven100 said:

As they say '  why the hell do you care ... it's not your country ....  lol :shock1:

I'm very glad to hear that almost all the villagers joined in your praise of the junta leader and hope you reported the few critical voices to the army forthwith!

Just one question:

Why do you care steven100, it's not your country either, right?

26 minutes ago, hawker9000 said:

It's been put to music?  Really?  

I presume you actually mean the ballots that were bought & paid for...  Yeah, even people with the fattest wallets do expect to get their money's worth.

Not that old BS again.....:coffee1:

17 hours ago, Lampoon said:

So Prayuth is in full campaigning mode while telling other political entities they can't start campaigning. But he's not misusing his office?

Did I get that right?

Yes, with his total control that he was bragging about in August, he has the authority to do anything and, if anyone dares question this, especially the words 'misusing his office', Article 44 would probably put the poor sod in an AA camp.

Keep your head down, brother, or it might be a bit of this :post-4641-1156693976:    Only joking.

This is fairly comical. Some military aide goes to the villagers beforehand, buys them some fancy costumes and plates of somtam all round and tells them it will be in their best interests to tell the PM that they would like him to stay on the job for another 10 years. Come the election, whenever that may be, Thaksin will pay them all to vote for his party as usual and there will be a disastrous defeat in Isaan for whatever medium sized party is supporting the military.  By the way I am not a Thaksin or red shirt supporter.    

Edited by Dogmatix

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

Go away troll.  "Lol" (added for extra lameness..)

On 15/12/2017 at 6:41 AM, steven100 said:

Well I have to say what a great night we had last night near our village with plenty of food and drink. Many ordinary folks talking about farming and country living. And I can whole heartedly say that most were happy that the Junta will be in power for years to come. The reason most wanted was because of economic stability. So good to hear all their positives and yes, there were negative comments as well.

good luck to all the farmers ....  and to the TV nayers....  well, they can go do what the hell they like because no one is interested in their comments. They should get out while they are fit enough to travel, Laos, Cambodia and many other nice places i'm sure their whinging and whining will be appreciated more.  lol  ..:coffee1:

I'll waste one more minute of my time, even though I shouldn't. Don't you see that if the Issan villagers were so happy about the goon in fancy dress, he wouldn't have to postpone the election by six months, every three months.

So they used the ballot and kept seeing their choices overturned. The only people not ready for democracy are the military and their backers.

The arguement that "The Thais are not ready for democracy', which we have seen resurrected here, is actually a shorthand for "The Thais keep electing governments of which I do not approve".

In both it's Thai and foreign proponents it reveals an arrogance. In the case of the Thais that they can simply use their armed forces (nominally the country's but in fact beholden to them) to overthrow an elected government; and in the case of the foreigners a belief that they know better than the Thai people.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Well, I am sure some people would like him to stay in power.  Regrettably I couldn't use the words "in office".   It doesn't matter if he decides to stay or not.  He doesn't answer to any law or person(s) that I am aware of.

Edited by gk10002000
modify

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

we can only hope ....  :wai:

Well the democratic soldier may have given the country something in terms of various 'projects', that's a plus (could there be "rewards" for friends?). 

BUT he hasn't removed (or realistically lessened), corruption and cronyism or installed transparency, accountability or responsibility, ad infinitum ad nauseam! :post-4641-1156693976:

From where I sit it still looks like the negatives far outweigh any pluses.

And the 'feudal society' will continue and the real economic benefits will not flow down to the masses. I do not see any real advantages in that but, obviously, some do. Sad.

4 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Well the democratic soldier may have given the country something in terms of various 'projects', that's a plus (could there be "rewards" for friends?). 

BUT he hasn't removed (or realistically lessened), corruption and cronyism or installed transparency, accountability or responsibility, ad infinitum ad nauseam! :post-4641-1156693976:

From where I sit it still looks like the negatives far outweigh any pluses.

And the 'feudal society' will continue and the real economic benefits will not flow down to the masses. I do not see any real advantages in that but, obviously, some do. Sad.

If he does really does his job and wipes the country of laws protecting the corrupt. It will expose the farce of a government.

It's not rocket science my 12 year old picked up on it..The projects lol had to happen anyway. There making big money on the back. Why you think there clinging to power.

Edited by Media1

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

we can only hope ....  :wai:

Hope haha the pharmacy has given the wrong script son

19 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

This is fairly comical. Some military aide goes to the villagers beforehand, buys them some fancy costumes and plates of somtam all round and tells them it will be in their best interests to tell the PM that they would like him to stay on the job for another 10 years. Come the election, whenever that may be, Thaksin will pay them all to vote for his party as usual and there will be a disastrous defeat in Isaan for whatever medium sized party is supporting the military.  By the way I am not a Thaksin or red shirt supporter.    

Yes army looses no one liked Prayut. His a dud 

2 minutes ago, Media1 said:

If he does really does his job and wipes the country of laws protecting the corrupt. It will expose the farce of a government.

It's not rocket science my 12 year old picked up on it..The projects lol had to happen anyway. There making big money on the back. Why you think there clinging to power.

No need for "...does his job..." the Government is a farce in many ways! :thumbsup: