Phuket slow loris touts escape officials

webfact

Phuket slow loris touts escape officials

Shela Riva

1513220397_1-org.jpg

This photo of a slow loris tout on Karon Beach was sent to The Phuket News on Monday Dec 10. Photo: Supplied

PHUKET: The Chief of the Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area Conservation Centre in Thalang said that a recent inspection of Karon Beach following telephone calls directly to him stating slow loris touts were working the beach led to no arrests as the touts had disappeared by the time he had arrived.

Speaking to The Phuket News yesterday (Dec 13), Chief of the Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area Conservation Centre Mr Piyawat Sukon said, “We went to inspect Karon Beach again yesterday (Dec 12) after we received a report that there was a problem between umbrella operators and the touts, as umbrella operators disagree with touts bringing animals onto the beach.

“The touts had either run away or were hiding. We could not find any suspects,” said Mr Piyawat.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-slow-loris-touts-escape-officials-65132.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-12-14

The police were never called, the calls were to the Khao Phra Thaew Non-Hunting Area Conservation Centre in Thalang, so quite a way for them to come, good on them for trying though, as long as people keep reporting there's a chance to nab the morons exploiting the poor little Loris's.

If they approach you ask them will they cook them on the spot as you are hungry. One woman in Pattaya was almost in tears " I not come this bar again, you bad men"

Saw her walk in to another bar 2 hours later, she spotted us and took off.

I do wish there was some way of reporting these objectionable people so that they could be apprehended quickly.  I do not speak  enough thai so when I have phoned Thalang they cannot understand what I say. (believe me, I have tried to learn the language).  It is not just the slow loris, but also monkeys and lizards that are subjected to this torment.

So very, very sad.

54 minutes ago, PAIBKK said:

Slow government officials. 

They're slow all over the world but in Thailand they're probably the slowest. Another worldwide #1 ranking for slowest government officials ???

Off topic post, but I want to say that I find government departments like Transport, Tax Office, National Contributions very quick and efficient here in Phuket. Even Immigration is slowly improving.