Daughter disowns father for having younger Thai GF

Nemises

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally, there's no way to 'handle it' - other than hoping that the daughter's love for her father will eventually over-ride her dislike/horror at his choice of a 30 year younger gf.... 

Daughter doesn’t know age of the GF.

“If she’s more than 5 years younger, we don’t want you in our lives” - daughter & son-in-law said.

28 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

One may argue that all women are the same :whistling:

.. But i am sure most of them would disagree..

In the place where i come from, if you say Thailand, people think about hookers and even worse.

Personally, i don't worry a lot about what people think, i vote for freedom.

What's worse that a hooker? Do they think of Thai women being mass murderers or something?

3 hours ago, SheungWan said:

No. She is saying that you can't have an Asian girlfriend who everybody she knows will think that the GF is a hooker and her father a sex tourist. In short she is ashamed of her father. Her problem and nothing he can do about it except be patient and hope she eventually relents.

ah, it's pretty sad that people judge so much. and even more, that people care about how others might judge them or someone else.

let them all go to hell. the judgers. judge not , you shall be judged first. true on many levels (not god stuff)

6 hours ago, Gregster said:

Daughter doesn’t know age of the GF.

“If she’s more than 5 years younger, we don’t want you in our lives” - daughter & son-in-law said.

So if the father were to disapprove of the son-in-law for (make up a reason), the daughter would have to accept? 

here's what i think:
1] the father in question found a woman half his age that he could afford.
2] the daughter in her imagination foresaw shame to come, based on what she imagined everyone she know will
say about it.
3] she made up an arbitrary rule of "5" -if its below its not shameful, if its above she cant bear the shame, she thinks

Edited by poanoi

here's what i think:
1] the father in question found a woman half his age that he could afford.
2] the daughter in her imagination foresaw shame to come, based on what she imagined everyone she know will
say about it.
3] she made up an arbitrary rule of "5" -if its below its not shameful, if its above she cant bear the shame, she thinks

This thread is NOT about seeking comments praising or criticising the Dad, his Thai GF, his daughter, his other family or his son-in-law’s family.

As mentioned in post #1, this topic was raised to seek assistance from other Dads who may have also been “disowned” by family members for having a younger (>than 5 years) Asian partner. In particular, how they dealt with it.

Thanks again for the assistance offered thus far.

So she is racist by saying the new GF can't be Asian. Lovely that he put so much time and effort in giving her a higher education just for her to become racist. Ouch maybe it's not such a bad thing. I could see age being an issue but 5 years is dumb as well. My mom is 10 years older than my Dad should I disown her? <deleted> kinda logic is that.

Maybe he is better off being away from them. Find good tolerant people and move on with his life :coffee1:

You know on one level it is immaterial whether the GF is/was a hooker or much younger/not so much younger than the father, the daughter considers herself besmirched by her continued association with him. The Asian connection means the worst as far as she is concerned. Many guys staying in Thailand have experienced needling from past friends when they go back home and we all can tell stories how we have dealt with it. With family it is more tragic, but sometimes there isn't a happy ending as far as these stories are concerned. The best the guy in this relationship can hope for in the immediate future is that not all members of the family go with her and disown him and stay in touch with those who are OK.