Daughter disowns father for having younger Thai GF

Nemises

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks to the Dads who have shared their own similar experiences.

Special thanks to those who cite “embarrassment” and “sex tour stigma” as the reasons the daughter/other relatives want nothing to do with him whilst he is living in, or near Thailand.

These two reasons certainly are applicable in the OP’s situation.

I don't get some of you people. The daughter has not told the father that he cannot shack up with a 30+ years younger Thai girl. What she has said is that, if he so chooses, she does not want her family in any way exposed to it. I certainly do not agree with the daughter's position but I am keenly aware that there are people out there who feel that way.

They likely will not change that position any time soon no matter how much they might be told they should 'grow up' or be more sympathetic or less narrow-minded as to their father's wishes later in life.

Edited by JLCrab

4 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

I don't get some of you people. The daughter has not told the father that he cannot shack up with a 30+ years younger Thai girl. What she has said is that, if he so chooses, she does not want her family in any way exposed to it. I certainly do not agree with the daughter's position but I am keenly aware that there are people out there who feel that way.

Yes, including her husband. 

I wonder if she thinks he may see what he is missing being married to such a narrow minded old sow. 

I don't get some of you people. The daughter has not told the father that he cannot shack up with a 30+ years younger Thai girl. What she has said is that, if he so chooses, she does not want her family in any way exposed to it.     

Thank you for understanding the situation so well and advising the forum accordingly. Everything you say above is 100% correct except the bit about about the “30+ years”. It’s actually 5+ years that the daughter AND other family members have drawn the line in the sand at.  

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Lemme see ...... 62/2 =31+7 = 38

Sorry that doesn't work for me, I wouldn't even look at a woman over 30 years old.

Early 20s is so much better.

I thought you said your wife was in her 30's. Or do you just look away.  

6 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

So what you feel is pathetic obviously she doesn't. 

It would be nice if you could remove the signature from the profile , the Bill Coles quote , as I seem to read it numerous times a day , not that I read it all , I just seem to focus on the first sentence, realise its that quote again and scroll down .

Everyone would have read it by now , could you not remove it to stop wasting space ?

4 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Sorry that doesn't work for me, I wouldn't even look at a woman over 30 years old.

When I met my wife in 1993 I was 49.

49/2 call it 25 + 7 =32.

She was 28 when we met so we fit the slot even though she is 21 years younger than me.

We have been married 17 years and there is no way I would swap her out for a new model as they don't make Thai wives like that any more.

4 hours ago, Gregster said:

The GF is 30 years younger.

My wife is 21 years younger so for me, 30 would be no problem.

2 hours ago, Been there done that said:

One wonders what most guys on here, who are fathers of daughters, would say if their daughter would hook up with a 30 yr older, non white, coloured man.

One wonders :smile:

It would be her choice and not mine.

If they are both happy with it then so would I be.

2 hours ago, Been there done that said:

Strength and qualities you wrote. Please tell me because i am interested in knowing.

Almost too many to list.....If you can't see them it's to your deficit - or you're just hanging about in the wrong places & people.....

6 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

My math is simpler: Since both the Thai women I've been with long-term were 25 years old when I met them, and since I am not married, should the opportunity present itself, it may be time for another 25 year-old preferably non-English speaking as that seems to increase my chances.

21 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Ah! been there and done that too, for many years, quite a few girls.

1st time I tried this with an "older woman".

It is an old saying, not recipe for happiness...

:drunk:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

23 hours ago, Gregster said:

The GF is 30 years younger.

Well this is sort of a big detail that you left out.  Would have changed the entire tenor of this thread.  Instead, you were mostly about the Asian and 5-year thing.  Regardless, the daughter would still have a problem with an Asian GF, even if she was the same age as him....correct?  But that's sort of an unrealistic notion.  I mean, foreign dudes don't come to Thailand to date old Thai women.