Daughter disowns father for having younger Thai GF

Nemises

20 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Interesting - asked for experienced opinions and have received many many valid viewpoints.....Then you summarily dismiss them defending the daughter in every instance....

Now you say it all boils down to Asian rent-a-wife syndrome (she's not a racist) - again discarding the many valid viewpoints describing accurately just what this daughter really is......

Seems to be that the entire thread boils down to valid opinions versus your whole hearted support of the daughter's actions (in which she's entirely wrong with her emotional hammer - threats & blackmail).....

With friends like you the Dad really doesn't need any enemies....The situation is conflicted enough....How can you be very helpful to "him" if you are always defending her....

Her actions as an adult are indefensible......Hopefully she grows up & quits poisoning the entire environment of his past with her "crusade"......She's injuring the entire family while persecuting her own good father......

The damage he's done by being happy in his own life is negligible.....The damage she's doing to him and the family is horrific.....And she knows it = every calculated step of the way....

thats western women for you.

why do you think we are all out here with Asian  women.....................go figure.:smile:

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Been there done that said:

To answer your question, they are cheap. No other reason.

Disagree completely.....

They possess many strengths & qualities western women feel are no longer important.....To the deficit of western "womanhood"....

Edited by pgrahmm

2 hours ago, Been there done that said:

Not so for me sir. When I made the decision to move to Thailand, being relatively young and a bachelor, I found it likely that I would get married in Thailand - considering I was planning to be there a very long time. It is not at all the reason I came however. I was never long between girlfriends in the west. But I did feel it was my good fortune to be going to Thailand because I considered that the odds of finding a good wife in Thailand were better than in the west. And I when I say good wife, I am mostly meaning the stereotypical good wife from yesteryear, when women did not find men to be a necessary evil which needed to  conformed into cringing yes man, all sensitive and politically correct. A time when women found that their man's happiness was some what as important as their own. And didn't mind so much that he behaved like a man as long as he loved and respected her in return.

I was right too and I found a wonderful partner already 15 years ago and we are just tikityboo thank you very much.

4 hours ago, Been there done that said:

Available would be a better descriptor.

Back on topic, it's hardly suprising when Western daughters (especially those that had previously been v close to their dads) become disillusioned when it becomes obvious that he's not the 'hero' she thought him to be.

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Available would be a better descriptor.

Back on topic, it's hardly suprising when Western daughters (especially those that had previously been v close to their dads) become disillusioned when it becomes obvious that he's not the 'hero' she thought him to be.

How did he become an anti-hero?

5 hours ago, Been there done that said:

maybe, but its also nice not to have a women making problems for you where there arnt any. also Asian women are a lot sexier , slimier , cleaner, nicer skin and the list goes on and on. 

Edited by catman20

1 hour ago, catman20 said:

maybe, but its also nice not to have a women making problems for you where there arnt any. also Asian women are a lot sexier , slimier <snip>

The only Asian women I've found to be slimy are those that cover themselves with that weird lotion at the soapy massages.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:49 PM, sanemax said:

We are talking bout an Australian with an Australian daughter in Australia

I was talking about the general idea that men have that love can be "bought". Nothing to do with race, other than that his daughter is apparently racist against Thai women, one of which is with her father.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 2:00 PM, MaeJoMTB said:

When you say 'many', you of course mean 'many entitled white women', as nobody else in the world gives a hoot. White Australian women being the worst and most entitled women in the feminist world.

Note to my former white Brit daughter,

I can make 'many' more daughters (and already have), you can't make more fathers = I don't need you.

I'd like to give you a gold cup for the first paragraph and a laugh for the second, but I can't select both, unfortunately.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:18 PM, MrPatrickThai said:

Too many assumptions.

I've seen too many foreign dad's abandon their own children to lose everything to a Thai woman half their age. 

I don't know if you would be fine with your father giving all he worked hard for to a Thai woman? I certainly wouldn't be happy. 

Perhaps their children were such bad offspring that he considered a chance of happiness with a Thai woman to be a better option that hanging around so they could get all his money when he passed on.

Whomever my father gave his money to was his business and I never considered that I'd even get anything before he died. I certainly never thought I had any "right" to it.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, Gregster said:

It’s worth noting that the daughter’s stance is 100% supported by the daughter’s husband...and also by the parents and siblings of the daughter’s husband.

Soooooo, apparently they are also racist and ageist and PO that they may not get any money when he finishes with this existence.

What is clear is that they don't care about his happiness. I scorn the lot of them.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, Gregster said:

Click bait thread??

Read post #1 .... I was hoping to get feedback from other Dads only (who have been in this situation). Hardly a click bait thread.

IMG_1659.PNG

I have been in a similar position and while it hurts that I meant so little to the children after I left that they never contacted me, despite all I did for them, it's life and life sucks, most of the time.

The choice is simple. Either he gives up the Thai girls and lives the rest of his life alone ( he has wisely vetoed another western woman ), or he tries for happiness.

I know which I'd choose.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:10 PM, Gregster said:

It’s worth noting that the daughter’s stance is 100% supported by the daughter’s husband...and also by the parents and siblings of the daughter’s husband.

She sounds like the sort of woman that one does not cross, and I understand 100% why her husband is too scared to say anything contrary.

21 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps their children were such bad offspring that he considered a chance of happiness with a Thai woman to be a better option that hanging around so they could get all his money when he passed on.

The Daughter seems quite successful in her own right and doesnt seem to want the Fathers money . Maybe she wanted her Father to meet someone of a higher class and to have a real relationship , rather than a third World prostitute  ( as She will assume )

[quote post="12547632" timestamp="1513591390" name="sanemax" userid="... Maybe she wanted her Father to meet someone of a higher class and to have a real relationship , rather than a third World prostitute  ( as She will assume )

No. Definitely not. See post # 20:

IMG_1661.PNG

Whoa! Long Thread, so not reading every post. I have had SOME of these issues. Firstly, my first wife was over 5 years younger than me, and i do not think age was particularly an issue when i remarried. But i think if my second wife had been younger than my daughter. it would have been an issue. 

Second, my son and daughter (and particularly ex-wife) were not so happy at first when i had a daughter in Thailand. It did strain relationships particularly with my daughter in the UK, who did have a mental breakdown. Me being so far away made her unhappy also, and she didn't have a great relationship with her mother. Things have improved over the last 2 years, at least.

Finally the Asian bit. Not an issue with my son and daughter, i think, as their mother was African but my ex-wife hates the mention of the word 'Thailand'. And a second cousin/niece was overheard whispering that i was "The black sheep of the family, because i have a Thai child". Unfortunately racism and the sex tourist stigma still exists. 

So i think the OP's problem is a mixture of racism, the sex tourist stigma and a feeling of not wanting to share her dad with another woman. Also maybe embarrassed as to what friends and relatives say.....

Unfortunate, but just have to hope they can work it out. You cannot destroy your own happiness to feed selfish desires in your children.

On 12/17/2017 at 8:35 AM, Bundooman said:

Yours is a very significant thought provoking response. Thailand's 'Girlie Bar' reputation has leaked out across the western world over the last decade. I can understand that particular thinking process with all the bad press that has been published regarding Thailand's seedier side, while knowing that, after 13 years of living here in Thailand, (plus many years experience of being around Asia before that , including Thailand), that most of the hundreds of Thai women, young and old, are some of the most pleasant, courteous, likeable and friendliest people I have ever met in my life. None of these women would deserve the kind of vitriolic and sneering, stereotype labels stamped upon them here by members of this forum.

And yes, I have met hundreds of Thai women, old, young, beautiful or not so beautiful - who cares; they are people I have met and come to know over my 12 years while working as a teacher at the same school. A number of them are also parents that I have come into contact with and I still have to say that they also are delightful people to know. 

Furthermore, I too have an adult western daughter, (my youngest of two), from whom I am estranged, almost 9 years now. I do not know the reason why, but it coincided with my separation with her Mother-in-law, with whom she was close, and my then, new Thai girlfriend. My youngest daughter and I were very close up until that point). I assume that the new woman in my life was the reason, although my ex-wife and I are still close friends. My eldest daughter and I remain very close also and she has no problem whatsoever with my new family, which includes my 10 year old daughter.

I cannot live my life by someone else's standards. Mine are set and I have no wish to change them. I believe that there are enough people in my life that either like or love me for what I am. That includes my present Thai family, my English family, all my friends and acquaintances around the world.

One day, things may change. I don't know. I still love my youngest daughter very much. But the next move is in her court. My first two years were full of my attempts to understand her stance of silence with no response. I have now moved on - my life is too short to worry about things I have no control over. Sad though it is.

Good luck to the OP. I hope things change for you.

I enjoyed your comment.

There is an old saying about a relationship with younger women:

Half your age plus 7 years.

Works for me, but would be frowned on by the western fems.

The "body shape" thing annoys me to, if you married an attractive woman and you stay in reasonable shape why shouldn't you expect the same?

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I enjoyed your comment.

Works for me, but would be frowned on by the western fems.

The "body shape" thing annoys me to, if you married an attractive woman and you stay in reasonable shape why shouldn't you expect the same?

:thumbsup:

My wife & I by happenstance are just at the 1/2+7....For us this has worked....There's a different

maturity/life level that many western women will never possess and are incomplete by contrast....

It took years & patience living in Thailand to find her and I wouldn't trade her for any other woman.....

I might have had a slight advantage with that as I started with Asian women in my 20's in the states....Exclusively later on....Western or Asian in the states I dated/had relationships with women between 5-20ish years younger than myself....

The white women would almost hate you on sight in those days....Many still do... 

The father here might/might not end up with the woman he has now....Hopefully he finds somebody that brings him happiness = obviously, based on his life experiences with his daughter and the others there he's chosen a different path.....

Hope he does well....

Meanwhile - they're busy burning his bridges for him.....

4 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Lemme see ...... 62/2 =31+7 = 38

Sorry that doesn't work for me, I wouldn't even look at a woman over 30 years old.

Early 20s is so much better.

If all her Dad is doing is having a relationship with a younger Thai lady and they are not planning marriage and will & testament change, then what's the problem? I think she is embarrassed by her father's choices ... she'd prefer him to be lonely and miserable in Australia. <deleted> her!!!

If you bring your kids up right, they grow up with an open mind, unspoilt and receptive to situations that maybe are not the norm for many westerners.
If you don't you end up with spoilt brats who end up wearing the same blinkers and reading The Sun.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect