PC version of Line app

hotchilli

I'm having problems with my PC version of line app.
When I logged-in recently it opened to to a new display, not the same as on my mobile, which it used to look like

The only change I made previously was to add a friend to view my timeline, after that all things were different

ie: how my contacts were displayed in the chat mode

I couldn't even get to my contacts as I can on my mobile... on mobile I can toggle between friends & messages.. I cannot on this.

Playing around I clicked timeline which it opened, but now it will only display timeline & I cannot see where to click to get back to messages

There's no obvious icon, I've hovered my mouse all over the place but it doesn't highlight an invisible icon either.

I say this because when I was on messages within the chat box with a friend the icons for "stickers' send file, keep etc were invisible but when I hovered over the appropriate area as it appears on my mobile the text for them appeared?

I've logged out & logged back in but it opens in the timeline page with no obvious way to get to messages again....

Any ideas?

Thx for your help
as for the current version I'm not sure as I cannot access anything.. 
but it auto updates so I presume the latest available.

I've managed to get back to the messages page.. only because someone messaged me & I could open to that page when I clicked the incoming message.

However I only see the messages page... ie:

a list on the left hand side of contacts who have messaged recently (not my whole list of contacts)

There is no icon to go to "contacts" which means I cannot contact anyone who is not in my recent inbox ?

Also there is no icon to click to access "settings"

all icons seem to be invisible,

Where you type in your message to reply to someone just above it you normally have visible "stickers, send a file, keep etc" even these are invisible.. completely blank

but they appear if I hover the mouse over the area??

I've hovered the whole page/borders etc to try to highlight a setting/contacts icon but it's not there?

It seems I'm stuck on the message page and cannot do anything else!!!

Before it resembled my mobile version but with less functions

Any ideas??

Thx... I was thinking of doing that, but thought that it might re-load with the same set-up?
I was also afraid that I might lose everything or worse !!

As you've said the "mobile app" is the main a/c I hope it will reload as per my mobile version?

One question... before I do the deed

will it re-load keeping my log-in/current username/password information etc & open ready to go

or will it require me to go through the motions as I did before when I first installed it? 

Thx to all respondees

8 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

or will it require me to go through the motions as I did before when I first installed it?

Any application or app that you remove from your PC using the add / remove option in Windows will require you to re log in with your credentials, if the program is password protected 

You lost those when you removed the program but those details still work on your mobile version and will work on the re-installed version once your credentials are proven, since that information is retained "in the cloud"  

As far as I know, LINE requires all new accounts be authenticated via active phone verification, but you can open a LINE account from most any country (even though it's most only used in ASIA).

Once you have a LINE account you supply the app with your email and password credentials to use LINE for PC without use of a phone.

You activate a LINE account using a US phone number, as LINE will look at your phone contacts and attempt to find matching LINE members for you. You can also add them manually. 

Nothing stopping you from opening a new LINE account when you return to Thailand. I find people here do that all the time .. almost as prevalent as people changing to a more lucky phone number.  

Archived