Bus seized, torched in Yala while passengers safe

webfact

An inflammatory post has been removed as well as the replies. 

A post containing comments on the Royal family has been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family are above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules may result in immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

A post commenting on moderation has been removed. 

Edited by metisdead

Must have been terrifying for the passengers!  No mention of whether there were foreign tourists aboard or whether the 'militants' screened the passengers?  I can imagine that certain tourists such as Americans and Isrealis would be at some risk!  I also wonder if the Thai Gov would acknowledge the risk for fear of losing tourist $$? 

9 hours ago, Ossy said:

SERIOUS DISCONTENT WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE IN THAILAND, AT THIS PRESENT TIME

There have been discussions in the past

In this case, it rather seems to be - as a forum member stated - obtaining independence of three provinces.

I doubt this works with Thai army :-/

20 hours ago, Ossy said:

Pretty vague reporting, again, especially regarding the militants' escape. Was it 'on foot to the nearby forest' or by road, ' . . .by using trees to block the road and deploying spikes to prevent authorities from following them.'? Whilst not the major issue of concern, here, I do feel that TN reporting should take more care over such a basic logistics aspect of the raid.

Of far greater concern, though, is the motivation behind the damage. For officials seemingly content to conclude that 'The objective was to create disturbances in the area,' makes me wonder who the 'officials' were and how informed - or uninformed - their comments were.

What is clear to me is that there are some people who are sufficiently unhappy about something or other to risk the consequences of being caught, prosecuted and probably imprisoned for their extremely drastic actions. Whilst not professing to be an expert on Thai political or social unease, I can't help feeling that this bus torching will be used as a precedent by hundreds - if not thousands - of like-minded 'prospective militants' who will be energised by this group's mission accomplished . . . the mission, of course, being to demonstrate SERIOUS DISCONTENT WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE IN THAILAND, AT THIS PRESENT TIME.

If I was a Govt House top dog, right now, I'd be looking over my shoulder and more than a little bit worried about the mess the soldier-boys are making.

The Phill's crazy guy Duterte could (might should) be an inspiration how to deal with!