Best place in Bkk to buy a diamond ring for 'the wife'

davidst01

On 18/12/2017 at 10:29 PM, sikishrory said:

My experience shopping for diamond rings in Bangkok.

The diamond rings I looked at in Tiffanys emporium are 35,000 baht+ and they didn't have size 47 and said it would take 3 weeks to get it.

I looked at 2 shops in MBK one seemed decent. I have his card here. He had a diamond ring in gold for 11,000. Went back in the morning to buy it but was to early so went to another shop that was opening up and a lady presented me with a tray of rings that looked dodgy as if somethong a 12yo girl would get from toyworld. She seemed dodgy so I left to a hua seng hong gold shop (satellite shop in silom).

She was also unhelpful/rude and said that it was a gold shop and they don't sell jewellery. I since learned that this franchise has a gold/gem shop on yaowarat amongst others.

Anyway, I ran out of time and ended up just buying 2x 2 salung 23ct wedding bands from a shop in Pattaya for 11,500 and very happy with them. 

If I were to buy a diamond I would go to hua seng hong gold/gems on yaowarat rd confident that I wouldn't be ripped off. They are one of the first 2 gold shops in chinatown or bangkok and are very famous but also expect them to be quite busy. I have seen them full of customers.

I think that that was the shop we used, lucky they weren't too busy at the time.

We had excellent service, even though we were only spending about 20k, they had a very wide range to choose from.

The front of the shop is taller than most and it is near the start of the shopping area.

IMG_2613.thumb.PNG.010b9676496893e8411ef44349994d3d.PNG

Edited by sometimewoodworker