Stray Market Dog Attack Customer’s Face

snoop1130

Stray Market Dog Attack Customer’s Face

by CityNews

dog-1024x768.jpg

CityNews – A stray dog at a local market attacked a customer’s face when he bent over to buy goods, leaving him with severe wounds resulting in 17 stitches.

On December 9, 2017, 40 year old Warathep Tantada was bending down to purchase some goods when a stray dog that is often seen around the market attacked his face.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/stray-market-dog-attack/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-12-18

If the dog was injured everyone would be lined up to claim ownership of

a very valuable dog and demand maximum compensation. Because the dog

has injured someone it is now just a stray dog. :whistling:

7 hours ago, Ruffian Dick said:

I'm sure the "injured party" was just minding his own business when the foul beast attacked him "out of nowhere".

Word to the wise, don't pet an animal you don't know.

Shopping is an activity that should not include wild animals; also driving for that matter.  One shouldn't have to fear driving a motorcycle down your street or strolling through market.  As a dog handler and owner for years; I have learned even the faithful household pet can be unpredictable on occasion and can react unexpectedly.   So, for the safety of all, a word to the wiser.  Maintain an environment as free from danger for you and your family as possible; such as, not allowing soi dogs to rule the streets and shopping areas.

In civilised countries stray dogs are almost non existant. Any loose dog wandering the neighborhood is a danger to all, particularly children. They are captured and unless claimed by the owner within 24 hours put down. All dogs on the street must be on a leash and controlled by a person holding the leash at all times. It's time all soi dogs were destroyed.

Isn't about time that Thailand society & Government value peoples lives more than animals.One gets more time in jail for killing a mangy dog then if one kills a rapist or murderer.Get rid of All them Stray dogs every day people get bitten by those mongrels of dogs,Wake up people this is Real ,Value Peoples Lives. Don't feed stray dogs they will hang around forever.

16 hours ago, Samuel Smith said:

As a cyclist, I notice that thai drivers give a wider berth to dogs than they do to me.  Maybe they fear being reincarnated as a dog if they kill one...

I'd agree with that. Often pass me too close, no blasted awareness here, but very careful when they see a dog on the street, always give it a wide berth.

On 12/19/2017 at 12:57 AM, Ruffian Dick said:

I'm sure the "injured party" was just minding his own business when the foul beast attacked him "out of nowhere".

Word to the wise, don't pet an animal you don't know.

Exactly what happened to me, so probably best you don't comment on something you know nothing about !

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, Aussieroaming said:

Should turn the mongrel into sausage meat

wow.... someone using English the way we would at home. but British I guess. Yeah, it wasn't a dog. it was probably a mutt. 

Edited by chompolsky

8 hours ago, Redline said:

Surprised it doesn't happen more often.  A large percentage are rabid

a large percentage are mutts... and their socialness as breeding quite recent, whereas being primates as we are it has been with us for more than 8 million years.... much longer... just thinking of Sahelanthropus alone, yes? we can interbreed... but dogs? have only 50,000 years as such. so mutts can turn out very badly... and in Thailand........... yeah dudes... socialness is in there... from neurotransmitters to shared endocrinology.... not just culture.

Edited by chompolsky

5 hours ago, Redline said:

Statistics from the Thai government.  Another know it all :post-4641-1156694572:

Really? And which government statistics would those be? That ancient 2004 study that was limited to Bangkok? If you actually read the article, the percentage you refer to is rabies antibodies detected. Having antibodies doesn't equate to having the disease.

You will find that nearly 100% of humans have flu antibodies. That doesn't mean we all coughing, sneezing and have runny noses.

http://www.ddc.moph.go.th/eng/login/filedata/Rabies Situation in Thailand.pdf

Para 3 http://www.ddc.moph.go.th/eng/login/filedata/Rabies Situation in Thailand.pdf

Edited by KarenBravo

On 19/12/2017 at 9:56 AM, tigermoth said:

In civilised countries stray dogs are almost non existant. Any loose dog wandering the neighborhood is a danger to all, particularly children. They are captured and unless claimed by the owner within 24 hours put down. All dogs on the street must be on a leash and controlled by a person holding the leash at all times. It's time all soi dogs were destroyed.

If those are some of the things you want in the country you reside in, Thailand is not for you! It's bizarre that many Westerners come and live in Thailand for the parts of Thai society that they like and immediately want to remake the parts they don't like into a mirror image of their home country! It makes me wonder why they came here in the first place and instead, didn't stay home and try to change the parts they didn't like about that country instead.

So whilst we're having all the soi dogs killed off, perhaps we can arrange to have all the sidewalks levelled, corruption eradicated, road deaths reduced to zero and slash and burn farming abolished completely, that way the country will be just perfect!