yellow registration book and thai id

An official advised me to apply a yellow registration book and she claimed its easier to apply for thai id card.(to my understanding,its hard to get it)

I take the o non~immd visa(spouse visa),as i know the yellow book is for driving licence,is it? If i really can get the thai id ,what benefit i can get ?

Still some places will tell they issue, while other cities say they don´t.
If you happen to reside with an authority in a city that do issue both yellow books and thai ID-cards, then there is not much differens regarding the two items.

The yellow Tabien Baan, like you say is very handy for getting a driver license. For other things both the items is going to have the same purpose. Making it eaisier to deal with authorities, sign dokuments and open a bank account. That´s basically it. If somebody have something essential I have missed, then I am sure they will comment below.

Lots of threads already regarding yellow book and ID card. Different Amphers have differing requirements but usually the blue book for the property and cooperation of the blue book house master, usual passport and extension etc, translation of your name etc. 

The main advantage of a yellow book is you no longer need to get residence certificates to prove address for license, buy and sell car, bank accounts etc. 

The ID card is all the information in the yellow book (takes 5 mins after you get yellow book) and can be useful for the same purposes as the yellow book, getting thai price at places, domestic travel, hotel check-in etc .

The Thai ID has your name in Thai script, so a bank account (opened with) will be in your name in thai script. It will maybe only identify you for an airline check-in etc if the booking was made using your name in Thai script.

Edited by Peterw42

9 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Unfortunately in Pattaya the Land Transport Office and Bangkok Bank will not accept yellow house book or pink ID card, DLTO insist on a COR from immigration and BB insisted on passport to draw money from my UK account.

I think it depends on the day at Pattaya DLT, a friend did a car transfer of ownership with a yellow book recently and I have only ever used a yellow book at Pattaya DLT for license and car transfer, but also reports of otherwise. The BB ID comes down to if its a Thai script name for the account name, the yellow book (thai script) is acceptable.