Foreign couple on Silom Road writing graffiti caught on viral video

webfact

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I read up to page 3 just to try to find out what this meant. I was really hoping that one of our talented members here would enlighten me. No luck so turned to Google, with poor results.

WOAH - animated bandicoot

XAWI - absolutely no results.

So, still non the wiser. :sad:

1 minute ago, DoctorG said:

I read up to page 3 just to try to find out what this meant. I was really hoping that one of our talented members here would enlighten me. No luck so turned to Google, with poor results.

WOAH - animated bandicoot

XAWI - absolutely no results.

So, still non the wiser. :sad:

Obviously they are modern Dadaists :smile:

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

This is Vandalism, They should not do this in other peoples country I wonder if they do it in their own country.

I hope they get detained at the airport when they try to leave.

Yep, all being well, their facial images as eventually displayed in the OP video will be matched up with the mug shots taken upon their arrival at BKK. In which case, instead of the comfort of a plane back to Farangland it will hopefully be the discomfort of the Bangkok Hilton which awaits them.

Edited by OJAS

2 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Street art is not vandalism imho.

Street art gives life to all those sad plastic and concrete artifacts, and it brings happiness to people's eyes.

Those who can't appreciate street art are sad people imho..

Also, young people have a lot of energy, it seems to me a good way to let it out.

That said, they should be able to cancel their paintings if requested by the authorities, as it seems that the majority of people don't like them.

As for caning, jailing and deporting, one can just hope it's not said in a serious way :coffee1:

Street art? Letting out energy? Horse manure. While corporal punishment and jailing may be extreme for such vandalism; they should be made to clean-up their mess and that of others for several days; then deported.

Street art gives life to all those sad plastic and concrete artifacts, and it brings happiness to people's eyes.

Also, young people have a lot of energy, it seems to me a good way to let it out.

That said, they should be able to cancel their paintings if requested by the authorities, as it seems that the majority of people don't like them.

As for caning, jailing and deporting, one can just hope it's not said in a serious way :coffee1:

You call this street art??!!
Boy you got low standards

"Street art" ??

"brings happiness to people's eyes" ?!?!?

..... ignorant prole :coffee1:

3 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Velvet Elvis hung in your living room?

11 minutes ago, Airalee said:

This is purely tagging.  If there is, in fact, a "middle ground", this doesn't even come close.

Great artists have been ridiculed by critics, before being acclaimed as geniuses, your opinion is purely your opinion.

Still, thanks for bringing up an educated opinion.

7 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Great artists have been ridiculed by critics, before being acclaimed as geniuses, your opinion is purely your opinion.

Still, thanks for bringing up an educated opinion.

Yes and Stephen Hawking drools. Doesn't make it pretty. 

Edited by holy cow cm
spelling

It doesn’t take much to get the ire of some people up. Pretty lame stuff. If only there was a similar response to some of more serious sh*t that goes on virtually unpunished. No doubt their punishment will be excessive compared to much more serious crimes carried out by locals. Hardly newsworthy. 

16 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

No, it's not ok for you to paint my car, nor my living room, i am not worrying about your brain either.

Darn clever response. Bet your Velvet Elvis still has the $1.95 Walmart pricetag clearly visible....as proof that great art escalates in value

3 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

It doesn’t take much to get the ire of some people up. Pretty lame stuff. If only there was a similar response to some of more serious sh*t that goes on virtually unpunished. No doubt their punishment will be excessive compared to much more serious crimes carried out by locals. Hardly newsworthy. 

Decades ago, New York City committed to a very successful, long-term anti-crime campain by beginning with a serious crackdown on 'street art" that had turned parts of the city to sewage décor.

Hey man, I've almost sussed the XAWI but I'm still struggling with the WOA

XAWI acronym or abbreviation means:

X: Meaning of X in XAWI. X is a cross bettween two arms of exactly the same lenght. It also balances on two ends at the bottom. It looks like Y with the bottom ends merged in the middle. X is stable, responsible, gorgeous, and spiritual as it opens upwards. X also shows enlightenment as it seeks to explore by extending its arms.

A: Meaning of A in XAWI. The letter A has two bars connected at a pointed edge and a cross bar holding them together. From an open end to a pointed edge signifies that all energies are trained to a point to achieve the most singularly important goal. The cross bar shows caution. Failure is avoided by stringing all required resources together. A also looks like a Pyramid with the peak as the apex of the Pyramid. Pyramids are iconic. A therefore symbolizes prominence and a desire to be recognized for ones achievements. The cross bar also represents a rung in ladder. To get to the top, one has to first step on the rung. It also means originality, a strong will power and an enterprising ability. The upper-case version consists of the two slanting sides of a triangle, crossed in the middle by a horizontal bar. It shows aspiration, the dominance to be successful, positive attitude, an optimistic world view and egotism.

W: Meaning of W in XAWI. W sits on a double bottom end with arms projecting upwards in a slanted way. It displays remarkable accessibility and its extensions show a desire to grasp. It is also authoritative and painstaking. Its shrewdness is seen in the fact that it converges its energies at the bottom. It is therefore skilled or masterly in planning.

I: Meaning of I in XAWI. I is a singular letter that thrives on its own. It is altruistic, concerned, kind, responsive. It shows little tolerance to the outside, it is forceful, alert, self-reliant, loving, egoistic, mutinous, and learned.

Ain't that just far out .

4 hours ago, Rimmer said:

This is Vandalism, They should not do this in other peoples country I wonder if they do it in their own country.

I hope they get detained at the airport when they try to leave.

Worst thing you can do Rimmer old boy is to acknowledge a graffiti artist. They have tagged Bangkok. More than likely do it in their own country. They get off on knowing they have their works published.

2 hours ago, car720 said:

the strange thing is though that when we old farts have finally faded into history then this type of new age thinking will be the norm.

Actually, it sounds a bit like something Sir Richard Branston would say about always trying to see the good in someone.:cheesy:

Sir Richard would be in a right pickle :whistling:

2 hours ago, gjoo888 said:

Please post your address so we can plaster some street art all over your place. Without the permission of the owner, it is vandalism, and writing WOAH and XAWI isn't my idea of art. 

The good thing is that it doesn’t matter if you consider this to be art. Maybe you are too old to understand