Easiest way to stream movies from Synology Diskstation to a Smart TV ?

North

5 minutes ago, recom273 said:

So, are you running DS Video and VLC on the Minix (which is android right?)

So, when a file is incomparable with the Synology app it gives you an option to play through VLC?

I only ask about your router, I was told by the company who sold me the NAS that should also have a gigabit port, mine doesn’t, so i guess I’m creating a log jam somewhere.

Thanks all, this is all good, i am awaiting the arrival of my new Samsung, the previous poster is running DS Video from the samsung App Store, i presume, should all be good.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am not using DS Video or VLC player, though I did install VLC player.

(I am not sure, if I can install DS Video, did not try yet)

I am using KODI, which was preinstalled, I have just updated it to version 17.6, and it plays all the movies and videos, that I have.

2 hours ago, North said:

Wow, really. 

DS video is Synologys propriety app, i guess it’s a port of plex.

Once you have worked the naming protocol it does a pretty slick job of manangment. 

It will organise you transcoding on-the-fly, and stream to whatever decice you chose.

Yes, you can install it on all android and idevices. It’s also available on Samsung TVs App Store, dispensing with the need for the streaming device.

Give it a try.

5 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Wow, really. 

DS video is Synologys propriety app, i guess it’s a port of plex.

Once you have worked the naming protocol it does a pretty slick job of manangment. 

It will organise you transcoding on-the-fly, and stream to whatever decice you chose.

Yes, you can install it on all android and idevices. It’s also available on Samsung TVs App Store, dispensing with the need for the streaming device.

Give it a try.

I have tried it already, and it works well too, I will test it more, after I buy a new TV.

• 1 month later...

I am using KODI, which was preinstalled, I have just updated it to version 17.6, and it plays all the movies and videos, that I have.
I have found Kodi to produce better quality video images than VLC and when the indexing system works, it really is a nice setup.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

Archived