U.S. creating 'sensational hype' over China's military modernisation: ministry

webfact

@tonbridgebrit

As said, guess you won't stop the repetitive incessant trolling. Hardly the first PRC related topic in which your propaganda spins go on and on.

The PRC is not bullying, not coercing and not pushing neighbors around using either economic or military might? Are you seriously pushing this rubbish again?

I am not "angry" at Duterte playing his cards this way or that. I'm merely pointing out that you're posting propaganda spins and outright lies. It would take more than your nonsense to whitewash the PRC's relations with its neighbors, and paint it all in rosy colors.

Edited by Morch

12 hours ago, Morch said:

Oh...it's "just a nationalism thing". Guess that makes it alright then. Nothing to see here.

An old fart country wants to regain what was lost.   It is just an old man wanting to regain his youth. 

There is nothing wrong with wanting.   Don't we all want to be young again?

12 hours ago, Morch said:

@tonbridgebrit

As said, guess you won't stop the repetitive incessant trolling. Hardly the first PRC related topic in which your propaganda spins go on and on.

The PRC is not bullying, not coercing and not pushing neighbors around using either economic or military might? Are you seriously pushing this rubbish again?

I am not "angry" at Duterte playing his cards this way or that. I'm merely pointing out that you're posting propaganda spins and outright lies. It would take more than your nonsense to whitewash the PRC's relations with its neighbors, and paint it all in rosy colors.

When it comes to national interest, it is every country for itself.  

The USA killed a million Vietnamese during the war.  Did the Vietnamese deserve death because they were communist? 

During the cold war era, the USA supported murderous dictators who promised not to join the USSR gang.  

Was it right for any country to support murderous dictators ? 

"  It is all for national interest  "           

5 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

OK...the EU and US can be annoying and self righteous...but at least you know where you stand with them. What? You think you can trust the Russians and Chinese...good luck with that, haha.

All those so call big strong countries are the same. 

Except that the EU and the USA are generous, the Russians and the Chinese are cheap and stingy.  

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:02 PM, Morch said:

Same old nonsense.

Why would anyone wish for a direct military confrontation between the US and China is beyond me. Why would anyone pretend this would be limited to "simply" using 2% of firepower and that it? Because that's what plays best for pushing a pro-Chinese, anti-US stance.

What's going on in the South China Sea is not "rubbish", but an ongoing maritime territorial bullying effort by the PRC, directed at neighbors. China's neighbors are well aware of its expansionist goals, and the threat it represents. They do not need the USA to figure it out.

Chinese first immigrated to the Philippines, Malaysia and Jakarta back in the 1500s.  

The first three Emperors of the Qing dynasty made oceanic maps of the south China sea for the sole purpose of island grapping. 

The present day Chinese is just resuming an old project.        Just an old fart country trying to get back up again.     

20 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Are they?

"BEIJING -- The city government in Beijing has decided the teeming metropolis has too many people and too many dilapidated homes, so it has begun tearing them down. And the people who lived in them are on their own."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/thousands-of-migrant-workers-forced-from-beijing-homes/

I was in Beijing 4 months ago, some of the nice shopping malls with food courts are no longer open. 

I do feel bad for all the big and small business owners. 

The workers could easily go elsewhere , but the business owner are the biggest losers.     

Over the years Beijing had definitely becoming dangerously too overcrowd. 

9 hours ago, Johnnyngai said:

An old fart country wants to regain what was lost.   It is just an old man wanting to regain his youth. 

There is nothing wrong with wanting.   Don't we all want to be young again?

That may be your way of seeing things. It doesn't make the PRC's attitude towards neighboring countries benign or even friendly. And I'm sure it does nothing to alleviate their apprehensions. If that's the best justification and whitewashing available, it doesn't amount to much.

When it comes to national interest, it is every country for itself.  

The USA killed a million Vietnamese during the war.  Did the Vietnamese deserve death because they were communist? 

During the cold war era, the USA supported murderous dictators who promised not to join the USSR gang.  

Was it right for any country to support murderous dictators ? 

"  It is all for national interest  "           

Countries may put their national interests first. It doesn't make their actions any more righteous or savory, though. Nor does it provide an umbrella justification for anything and everything. Lame spins aside, the topic is not about the Vietnam war nor the Cold war. There was no denial offered that the USA sometimes acts to promote its interests in questionable ways, but a rebuttal of a claim that the PRC does not do so. Try harder.

All those so call big strong countries are the same. 

Except that the EU and the USA are generous, the Russians and the Chinese are cheap and stingy.  

The EU and the USA provide more humanitarian aid and relief help internationally than Russia and the PRC. Even when it comes to places nearer to the latter. While some may wish to highlight supposed quid pro quo elements, this does not alter the facts. If one was to add human rights record etc. it would be an even more tilted field. Either way, once more - this is not what the topic is about.

Chinese first immigrated to the Philippines, Malaysia and Jakarta back in the 1500s.  

The first three Emperors of the Qing dynasty made oceanic maps of the south China sea for the sole purpose of island grapping. 

The present day Chinese is just resuming an old project.        Just an old fart country trying to get back up again.     

Guess that makes everything alright then. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

:coffee1:

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

...And, it's like saying.:" do as i say, don't do as i do".

.. Which is funny in a way..:smile:

The USA may or may not be seen as "the same", or "worse" than the PRC with regard to the issues raised in the OP. But even if one embraces this point of view, it does not, by itself, make the PRC's actions, intentions and policies peaceful or benign. Not a zero sum game.

24 minutes ago, Morch said:

The USA may or may not be seen as "the same", or "worse" than the PRC with regard to the issues raised in the OP. But even if one embraces this point of view, it does not, by itself, make the PRC's actions, intentions and policies peaceful or benign. Not a zero sum game.

Well, i hope they find a diplomatic way , for sure we don't need another world war, as it might be the last.

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Well, i hope they find a diplomatic way , for sure we don't need another world war, as it might be the last.

A diplomatic way regarding what? The OP is just about the PRC's hysterical response to the USA's assessment. It's not about an actual upcoming direct military confrontation between the two.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

A diplomatic way regarding what? The OP is just about the PRC's hysterical response to the USA's assessment. It's not about an actual upcoming direct military confrontation between the two.

It seems the the crux of the problem is North Corea now, just few days ago US  'warned' China about that.

3 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

It seems the the crux of the problem is North Corea now, just few days ago US  'warned' China about that.

The USA "warning" the PRC is diplomacy, as opposed to initiating military operations. One could argue it's not a very finessed form of diplomacy, though.

Just now, Morch said:

The USA "warning" the PRC is diplomacy, as opposed to initiating military operations. One could argue it's not a very finessed form of diplomacy, though.

Well, any diplomacy is better than war.

I rest my case ( it there was any ) and wish you and all TVF posters a Happy Christmas day.

17 hours ago, Morch said:

That may be your way of seeing things. It doesn't make the PRC's attitude towards neighboring countries benign or even friendly. And I'm sure it does nothing to alleviate their apprehensions. If that's the best justification and whitewashing available, it doesn't amount to much.

Old useless keyboard commentators like me also doesn't amount to much. 

May be you are different.

Countries may put their national interests first. It doesn't make their actions any more righteous or savory, though. Nor does it provide an umbrella justification for anything and everything. Lame spins aside, the topic is not about the Vietnam war nor the Cold war. There was no denial offered that the USA sometimes acts to promote its interests in questionable ways, but a rebuttal of a claim that the PRC does not do so. Try harder.

China is working their citizens 12 hours a day six days a week like dogs to pay for all the military expansions.

The aim is to regain it's former statues as the super power of Asia.     That is the present national interest of China. 

It is all lay out in the open.            What rebuttal are you thinking about?      

Guess that makes everything alright then. Nothing to see here. Move along now.

To the neighboring countries, it is not right.    To the Chinese, it is just a resumption of an old overdue project. 

There is nothing for key board commentators to see; move along to other useful projects now.          

5 hours ago, Johnnyngai said:

Old useless keyboard commentators like me also doesn't amount to much. 

May be you are different.

I'm not the one trying to lamely justify the PRC's actions and policies.

China is working their citizens 12 hours a day six days a week like dogs to pay for all the military expansions.

The aim is to regain it's former statues as the super power of Asia.     That is the present national interest of China. 

It is all lay out in the open.            What rebuttal are you thinking about?      

May want to read the OP, which pretty much revolves around the PRC's denials of such.

To the neighboring countries, it is not right.    To the Chinese, it is just a resumption of an old overdue project. 

There is nothing for key board commentators to see; move along to other useful projects now.          

Troll on.