Chaeng Wattana transfer stamp to new passport

Good morning,

Just did a visa run through Ban Laem, got a visa exempt and extended it at Chaeng Watthana, extension until January 20th. After extending I got my new passport at French Embassy, which means my entry stamp and extension stamp are still in the old ( invalidated ) passport.

I am planning to do a border run to ban Laem on January 19th or 20th, to get a new visa exempt.

The agency told me that there will be an additional fee of 1700 baht for putting the exit stamp in my new passport, which I do not understand.

I am considering going to Chaeng Wattana, but I remember a post from around two months ago ( unfortunately can not find it again ) that they also transfer a summary of the previous visa history to the new passport ( how many VE and SETV in total )

Has anybody recently transfered a stamp from old to new passport at CW?

Any feedback highly appreciated

The conclusion to that report was that that particular visa-history was transferred, because it was reflecting a chain between an original visa and extensions on it - because extensions are based on the original visa-type used for entry. 

In your case, I would expect your original-entry and extension to be noted - not a summary of past visas and/or entries which are no longer active / not relevant to your current permit-of-stay. 

Yes I have just done the transfer a few weeks back from my old British passport to new one

need to copy old passport information visa ect same new one with photos had 

to do 2 copies of each including the embassy letter provided. With the new passport

plus filling in the transfer  form at front desk

i had a tourist visa so was applying for a 30 day extension  1900 baht

7 hours ago, torsten brack said:

Did they only transfer your last visa or did they also transfer a summary of your last visa history?

They will not have transferred any visa. Assuming the transfer was done correctly, it will consist of the most recent entry stamp into Thailand, plus stamps for all extensions of the permission to stay from that entry. There is also an annotation indicating that the transfer has been done.