US couple arrested, fined Bt5,000 for writing graffiti on Silom Road pole

webfact

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, pattayadon said:

They should be made to read this forum!!!!!!!! 

Agreed!!  But for extra punishment they should have to read the ENTIRE POTY thread out loud starting with post #1. They will probably be dying to get to SWAMPY  and they WILL NOT tag anything there I guarantee it! 

Edited by alex8912

3 hours ago, alex8912 said:

Agreed!!  But for extra punishment they should have to read the ENTIRE POTY thread out loud starting with post #1. They will probably be dying to get to SWAMPY  and they WILL NOT tag anything there I guarantee it! 

Absolutely correct...The couple haven't got an adult brain between them...

Edited by metisdead
Oversize and intrusive emoji removed.

2 hours ago, TunnelRat69 said:

I may have found a new hobby, just follow some tourists around and wait for them to do something illegal, film it find out what hotel they are in and turn them in...............tourists smoking on the beach, rich kids writing on public places, Chinese taking a dump on the sidewalk..........the possibilities are endless.  We could turn this into a TVF  contest and keep score.:cheesy:

Forgot the 80 year olds playing cards 

Stuart21 mentioned what I was going to say, I think it is 5 strokes on a bare ar$e, and the welts last for a long time; from what I understand, you feel it for several weeks!  M/F both feel the cane in Sg.

As to the fine, it would be closer to 10,000THB EACH if caught in USA, also a introduction to a bucket and a scrub brush.

Stupid, ar$es, and child like people, welcome to Thailand!

Now a story to tell back home to the "guys".

Edited by edwardflory
spelling correction

again and again us americans traveling  = brainless on the move...

gringo = green go / go back to your uncle trumpy and try to make america grat again but my guess you dont have a chance .... usually these white trash goes oversee only to start a war or destroy public property...

5 hours ago, Rimmer said:

"and said they did it just for kicks"

She must have gone out and bought that giant green marker with intent to deface Thai public property, how does that give you kicks? I dont get it..

I hope she is made to clean it all off as well

A kick is just what they need

Is what they were caught doing any worse than the display by supposedly respectable, upright people after the "taxcuts" passing...prostrating themselves and doing their best to outdo each other in the "sucking uo" stakes.. of the supreme leader?

It's confirmed at last....dignity and self respect are becoming a thing of the past.

8 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Doesn't the 5k goes towards cleaning it up? ?

seriously doubt there is a regulation that states 5k for minor graffiti...compared to say the 2k fine for burning 10 rai of stubble rice?

what happens to the 5k is the real crime....

5000bht fine for these plumbs is probably the fine for parking a car in a naughty place where they come from...2000bht fine for a farmer is a lot of dosh...,

Such a fine selection of venom here to choose from. Jeez, you'd think they'd been caught picking mushrooms in a national forest here or something.  I wonder if this crowd would also condemn yank soldiers who scrawled "Kilroy was here" on walls whilst liberating Europe from Nazis. Well, maybe some of the Germans...

I recall visit to valley of the kings in Egypt, heading down into one of those Ramses tombs, and seeing some original Greek graffiti from a couple of thou years ago.

There is plenty of graffiti along beach and second road in Jomtien. Hmm no arrests that I know of. Perhaps it was some of those filthy farangs that did it, over here on learning language visa just doing their homework, as graffiti is usually in Thai

I would have thought these two could think for themselves and not give the authorities a chance to get extra cash from them. After all, tourist probably pay extra for this and that but as other posters have indicated, they didn't give it any forethought. Oh well, they paid for it so let's hope they have learned something.

You mean these two just got fined and didn't get tossed into a Thai jail for a couple days, like the recent but cheeks photographers from San Diego?

Why the difference between the two cases?

BTW, in case anyone hasn't noticed, Bangkok is covered with graffiti all over the place. And I'd say it's safe to say, most of it hasn't been written by farangs.  How about the ohh so efficient Thai police start going after some of the local graffiti criminals?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

This is probably quite a problam, Wourld Wide, ..ever seen a clean Italian Train ??? Well, maybe one that has just come back from germany ??? Right ??? ... Yes to make them clean it off, Invite the press, ...  or fine them more if they refuse I think .... 

Well, as with all arguments like this, we are ALL just visitors here, ... even if some of us might stay a Long Time.

Let the Thais sort their own problams out, like after this there might very well be some Movement on it, as there usualy is, after some Publicity about many things, ... and we Folangs just Look after our own possitions.

Good they get 5000 should have been 10000 here is not America First  

i live here and every time silly farangs do this kind of thing  my  Thai neighbour asks do they do that at there home to  and i must just say realy i sorry   whai whai ummmmm

my neighbours a 78 and very thai traditenal   and always intrested in the foreign world  this annoys them to see disrepectfull people in thailand 

4 minutes ago, mikecha said:

Good they get 5000 should have been 10000 here is not America First  

i live here and every time silly farangs do this kind of thing  my  Thai neighbour asks do they do that at there home to  and i must just say realy i sorry   whai whai ummmmm

my neighbours a 78 and very thai traditenal   and always intrested in the foreign world  this annoys them to see disrepectfull people in thailand 

I wouldn't overdo the apologies to your Thai neighbour given the amount of mindless crime there is in Thailand.  Every country has it's share of idiots and Thailand has them by the bucketful.  The two Americans were arrogant and stupid for doing what they did but most of us have been there at some time or another.