• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"Famous politician's son set to go after poster who embarrassed his family"

Not with a gun,I hope 

regards Worgeordie      Happy Christmas to all

i think you can be fairly certain that's what he meant judging by this family of cretins past

6 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Horrid family...... is this the toe rag that shot a police officer in a night club?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

That was his younger brother.This specimen of the Chalerm clan just beat fellow nightclubbers up when they failed to show sufficient respect.

What a different world it is, just think of the treatment they receive in our countries with everything from critiques in serious news programs, satire, newspaper or online cartoons, TV comedy shows and whatever other forms of mass communication that could be used to parody him to complete and utter humiliation.

They need to get over themselves.

46 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

What goes around - comes around. This name is synonymous with trouble, assumed corruption and allegation deviation - to say the least! 
The father was the one with the pink Rolls Royce, remember? 

Same man who represented Thailand at a regional meeting in Kuala Lumphur with many press photos / vids showing him extremely intoxicated at the official events. 

1 hour ago, thecyclist said:

That was his younger brother.This specimen of the Chalerm clan just beat fellow nightclubbers up when they failed to show sufficient respect.

My Thai son and a couple of his uni budies worked as part-time barmen in venues at the old RCA complex when it was very popular. They can share many stories of the 'brothers' and their bodyguards seriously  beating up and seriously intimidating other patrons and venue staff, and many times firing random shots into the air etc., to frighten people.

The owner of the venue my son worked at was well aware the 'brothers' came his venue often, and he regularly told the bar staff to never speak back to the 'brothers' never spill a drink, and never ask for money, and the staff were under instructions that if there was any incident just quickly flee, never mind whether the bill has been paid or whatever.

Son mentioned several times the 'brothers' and their body guards would regularly walk up to other patrons and hold a pistol barrel to their face /forehead, etc., and demand that the patron say specific things like 'I am sorry that I am very ugly' and then get pistol wiped etc. 

8 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I can't and won't defend this family. However, would this even be a story if it wasn't Chalerm's family?

Spare me the outrage; Thais treat their servants like crap everyday.

Where are your voices of outrage at that?

And not only in Thailand. In the various Asian countries that I've lived in some people treat their servants OK, some treat them appallingly and some actually treat them well.

However this story links the family of a once prominent politician, deputy PM and government member who was supposedly a main man in the party of the people. Now you might expect people who profess that political persuasion to be more kindly towards their domestic employees - (some even gave them great wealth or groomed them for parliament!). 

The sad reality is that in many countries where poverty, feudal mentalities, and elitist entitlement exist, those with often treat those who don't have in very bad ways.

Btw, the son seems to have inherited his dad's propensity for making threats.

Whether it's appropriate or fair to post things like this on social media is a big but increasingly relevant discussion.  

10 hours ago, rooster59 said:

A man went on Facebook with a picture and comments that suggested Wan was less than kind to his maid.

Outrageous claims.... “less than kind”.... lmao

The post went viral online with 10,000 people condemning the politician with some fruity language.

These are the person that “should” be “gone after”.

high profile figures should expect and accept public “interest”, or remove themselves from the public domain.

He claimed that the restaurant did not have enough chairs and the maid was asked to walk around for a bit so they could find a seat for her. But that took longer than expected and she had a bad back and besides she was looking after a grandchild in the party.

With a bad back, perhaps she should have been offered a chair. (Walking around doesn’t help.... nor would picking up an infant... a doctor or physio might, though)

with no spare chairs.... the venue is obviously overcrowded, so go elsewhere thus enabling all to be seated

this guys family should sue him, for bringing his families name into disrepute

and... and... right there in the foreground (RHS) is an unused chair (holding someone else’s shopping?.... instead of an injured maids butt)

CC7B8967-F2B6-4147-9BB7-A73C3AD7F674.jpeg

9 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I can't and won't defend this family. However, would this even be a story if it wasn't Chalerm's family?

I'm sure when any other stories of worker abuse hit the news you'll hear more voices of outrage.

39 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Whether it's appropriate or fair to post things like this on social media is a big but increasingly relevant discussion.  

Indeed... like trumps tweets... should they be permissible?

the problem here, though, is compounded by the fact that, of late, social media is becoming a great motivator for police to act, even being akin to vigilantism and/or whistle blowing, and with the indemnic failure of the BIB, the people must do for themselves. (That’s a generalization, not nessesarily specific to this story)

further complications with the use of of social media to shame people into doing the right thing (which is what this guy may have been doing... mission complete) , is the fact that the government now wants people to fit cameras to their cars to capture road incidents.... specifically (as in stated as an aim) to shame people into doing the right thing

so.... can we now expect the gov to come out with guidelines on who can and can’t be shamed?

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I feel a shooting or shootings coming on.... :ph34r:

most probably start with the under paid maid (slave) who has embarrassed him by sitting on the floor and then he will probably look on TV to see who has been talking about him and send his henchmen to go on a search and kill mission of all those that say anything about him because the scumbag would not have the guts to do anything himself.

11 hours ago, rooster59 said:
A man went on Facebook with a picture and comments that suggested Wan was less than kind to his maid.

While the Yubamrung's gorged on seafood at a fancy restaurant the maid was seen crouching on the floor by a chair, seemingly excluded from the family party, said the poster. "They brought the maid to help with the shopping - did she really have to sit like that?", they added.

The post went viral online with 10,000 people condemning the politician with some fruity language.

I am in no way whatsoever defending this family; I don't like them at all.

However; 

What is their crime here? Not in the past, here and now?

Not having their maid at the table? Is that a crime?

We don't know why the maid is sitting like that, but is that a crime?

Do they deserve to be slammed by 10,000 social media users? Why?

Do they deserve to have a story about this in the Nation? Why?

Again, I am not defending the family; I don't like them at all.

9 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Post the story... I’ll express my outrage.

servants are just like any other employee, and deserve respect.... even, (if not especially) the ones that clean toilets for a living, or suck out the septic.

this lack of respect is reminiscent of medievalism, with servants and dogs fighting for scraps under the table.

that said... less of an argument if Thailand wants to be insular, but just last night I heard the big P state that the world is a global world of which Thailand is a part (mind you, the whole rant was a load of <deleted>... but... he said it)

11 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

Now here's the thing,

It is you who have embarrassed your family for being an A Hole.

Do you understand this, I thought not!

Seems the whole lot are infected with the A Hole syndrome.

4 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

What goes around - comes around. This name is synonymous with trouble, assumed corruption and allegation deviation - to say the least! 
The father was the one with the pink Rolls Royce, remember? 

On loan from a friend of course ?

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

And not only in Thailand. In the various Asian countries that I've lived in some people treat their servants OK, some treat them appallingly and some actually treat them well.

However this story links the family of a once prominent politician, deputy PM and government member who was supposedly a main man in the party of the people. Now you might expect people who profess that political persuasion to be more kindly towards their domestic employees - (some even gave them great wealth or groomed them for parliament!). 

The sad reality is that in many countries where poverty, feudal mentalities, and elitist entitlement exist, those with often treat those who don't have in very bad ways.

Btw, the son seems to have inherited his dad's propensity for making threats.

And one well known politician ever gave their driver, gardener and house keeper millions, all above board of course. 

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

most probably start with the under paid maid (slave) who has embarrassed him by sitting on the floor and then he will probably look on TV to see who has been talking about him and send his henchmen to go on a search and kill mission of all those that say anything about him because the scumbag would not have the guts to do anything himself.

You don't really think he was embarrassed by the maid sitting on the floor do you, sitting on the floor in these people's mind is the correct place for the unwashed plebs.