Taking back control: UK's classic blue-and-gold passport to return

rooster59

Just now, sanemax said:

And it was a warning about how the Nazis operated, about how they spread false propaganda to achieve their aims .

The post was showing how the Nazis manipulated the German public, it was Antoi-Nazi, it wasnt pro Nazi.

That is why you got a "LOL", because you didnt understand the meaning of the post

It was not anti nazi, nor pro nazi.

It was anti remainers.

Did you read the first 3 lines? The sob story of how Joe was made to take away his Union Jack because of the propaganda techniques of the remainers?

Next we are initiated into the propaganda techniques of the nazis.

Clearly the poster is accusing the remainers of using the propaganda techniques of the nazis.

And all that without mentioning the sources (first Wiki - next Adolf).

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

It was not anti nazi, nor pro nazi.

It was anti remainers.

Did you read the first 3 lines? The sob story of how Joe was made to take away his Union Jack because of the propaganda techniques of the remainers?

Next we are initiated into the propaganda techniques of the nazis.

Clearly the poster is accusing the remainers of using the propaganda techniques of the nazis.

And all that without mentioning the sources (first Wiki - next Adolf).

If an every decreasing number of Europeans  wish to keep the E.U. Flag. Then that is up to them.

However the Brits know where it belongs.

0DB0918F-A29C-4D62-81A2-44868911F340.jpeg

4 hours ago, Sir Dude said:

The UK voted to leave and having an individual passport like the old blue one is a symbol of its independence and sovereignty like other comparable independent successful nations such as Canada, Australia and Japan (plus others). If the sneering rich liberal elite don't like it and want to look down their ski-jump noses at everyone, then leave. Where have I heard that before around here?  

What is a ski-jump nose and why do liberal elites have them?

22 hours ago, sandyf said:

I do not need your sympathy and it is quite obvious you did not read the post, my wife is Thai. Since when did Europeans have to apply for a Schengen visa.

Your comment about my wife being ignorant is quite offensive but that is brexiteers all over. For your information she was the financial director of a Scandinavian company and handled all visa matters for senior management.

As for this final agreement. it is a simple fact that after March 2019 the spouse of a UK citizen will no longer have freedom of movement, unless of course brexit is cancelled.

I apologise.

I seriously dislike posters who are rude/insulting as it only causes bad feeling, rather than interesting exchange of views - so my post was not only offensive, but also hypocritical. :sad: 

14 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I apologise.

I seriously dislike posters who are rude/insulting as it only causes bad feeling, rather than interesting exchange of views - so my post was not only offensive, but also hypocritical. :sad: 

Notwithstanding the fact that his reply to you contains an unsavoury slur of his own, his post is factually incorrect. Non-EU spouses of British citizens do not have the right to free movement in the Schengen zone: they first have to obtain a Schengen visa. Those of us who have had to go through this process will be aware of how tortuous it is. Of course, if one's spouse has a British passport (as my wife has for a number of years), things are different. But that's because one's wife is a British citizen.

6 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Notwithstanding the fact that his reply to you contains an unsavoury slur of his own, his post is factually incorrect. Non-EU spouses of British citizens do not have the right to free movement in the Schengen zone: they first have to obtain a Schengen visa. Those of us who have had to go through this process will be aware of how tortuous it is. Of course, if one's spouse has a British passport (as my wife has for a number of years), things are different. But that's because one's wife is a British citizen.

As usual you do not bother to read what gets posted.

To clarify, this is the text from the Schengen handbook.

"The right of free movement of EU citizens would not have any useful effect without accompanying measures guaranteeing  that this right is also given to their families. Therefore the Directive extends the right to free movement to family members of EU citizens. Article 5(2), 2nd subparagraph of the Directive provides that “Member States shall grant [family members covered by the Directive] every facility to obtain the necessary visas. Such visas must be issued free of charge as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated procedure.” (page 86)"

I had a dispute with the German embassy and took it to Solvit, details on this thread 

If there were difficulties with European embassies as an EU citizen there is  certainly going to be no improvement  outside the EU no matter what colour your passport is.