New tourism minister makes his debut - assures safety for tourists in 2018

rooster59

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Ministers speech should read  "Ladies and gentlemen as I said before and I'll say it again if things don't change they will just be the same".  If he makes any progress to reduce the red tape for tourist or retirement visa applications it will be a 1000% improvement...good luck. 

Ho Ho Ho this Santa does not believe a word TAT says and ain't visiting Thailand this year or any other year until the those devilish elves have legged it.

PS Drive safe guys, better still stay at home and enjoy life, let the idiots only use the roads. Have a great Christmas and all the best to you and your family for 2018.

Particular targets of concern were accidents and crime directed against tourists, he said.

Not sure if good looking foreign girls/women in little bikinis will be safe and they won't get raped regarding Prayut. Of course not the old and ugly ones. ( Prayut's words)

34 minutes ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

Reading between the lines... Does today's appointment (by the junta) of another new 'minister' really mean that Little P and his buddies aren't going away anytime soon?

Yep, they'll do all to stay in power, preferable for the next century.. 

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Good news. The jet ski scammers, and the gem store scammers, and the motorbike scammers, and the fake cops on Sukhumvit scamming tourists for dropping a cigarette butt, and the theft special tourist bus staff, and all the other scammers going to jail.

I look forward to reading all about it.

With 400 people on the stage, I have no doubt that all these groups had some representation :wink:

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

It would have been totally amazing speech if the incoming minister

will go on to say: "listen here guys, I'm not going to change anything

around here, I like it the way it is, it's fine"

Now really, did anyone expected the speech to any different that the

cookie cutter speech he gave?.....

I would be happy to hear that speech because their usual "solutions" to such problems are covering up dancers (yeah, guys flew 8,000 miles to see girls in double-layered bikinis) and earlier closing times (they could stay out later in Palookaville, USA).

2 hours ago, charmonman said:

Just my personal experience, but of approximately 13 years spent here over a span of 30 years, I have only occasionally felt "preyed upon". 

Believe it or not, I like Thai people in general, which explains why I have spent so much time here.

They are likable, talented, patient, artistic, kind, tolerant and fun.  The average Thai is not usually the problem.  It is mostly the above the law Thai that causes problems.

3 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

They are likable, talented, patient, artistic, kind, tolerant and fun.  The average Thai is not usually the problem.  It is mostly the above the law Thai that causes problems.

you mean the ones with brains

5 hours ago, connda said:

Insures the safety of tourists from scams and group beat downs by various elements of xenophobic Thai society until he can't.  Probably as soon as Jan 1, 2018. 
Lots of hot air, not long on substance. 
"You scratch jet ski.  20,000 THB now or we beat you into som tum!"
"But that scratch was there when I rented it!"
Biff, Bam, Pow!!!

And how many people do you know PERSONALLY that this has happened to?

Yeah I thought so.

16 hours ago, sahibji said:

ladies and gentlemen give the man a chance. let us hear what action plan he has to tackle rouges who beat up tourists, whatever, the circumstances may be.

LOL.  "Give the man a chance."   Sure, like any of us have a vote.  I honestly don't get your point.  Do we have any choice?

What's going on here is called "comment", and most of it is based on past experience with maybe a little knowledge of the local "culture" mixed in.  If you want to be a cheerleader, then go ahead and enjoy the pompoms while ye may...   The rest of us are entitled to our opinions and are not going to get our hopes up, just as experience teaches.   If anything actually changes, we'll be very pleasantly surprised.   So far - just the usual grand proclamations...

I'm still trying to figure out what the tourism ministry does???

I can think of 3 things.

1 - Make grandiose statements about tourism numbers.

2 - Invite The Hoards of Ghengis Khan.

3 - Come up with anecdotal catchphrases such as "Amazing Thailand".

Other than that they are a waist of oxygen.

15 hours ago, charmonman said:

Just my personal experience, but of approximately 13 years spent here over a span of 30 years, I have only occasionally felt "preyed upon". 

Believe it or not, I like Thai people in general, which explains why I have spent so much time here.

But you must realise that some people just like to be the victim of something .

"Poor little me , a really nice guy , surrounded by savages , everyones out to get me, yet I bravely go forward , surviving against all odds , the people, the elements are all against me , my wife , my neighbours , the cars , the police , the system is all out to get me , but I heroically bravely soldier on . What times the bar open ? Need to go and chat with my fellow survivors of this brutality"

19 hours ago, sahibji said:

ladies and gentlemen give the man a chance. let us hear what action plan he has to tackle rouges who beat up tourists, whatever, the circumstances may be.

What plan? There is no plan  He is just trying to make a splash coming into his new job It will be business as usual The tourists are just like a money  box that needs shaking to get the money out  I am sure there will be plenty of scammers and cops to  shake that money box

Archived