13 Thai beaches with good environmental condition named

webfact

13 beaches with good environmental condition named

By Thai PBS

IMGP5356.jpg

Thirteen beaches in six provinces have been found to be of a very good environmental condition in an assessment by the Pollution Control Department of the Natural Resources and Environment Ministry.

The assessment was carried out under the “beaches with stars” project for the year 2017. 

The project has been carried out since 2002 as a tool to know the environmental quality of sea beaches for better prevention of and solution to environmental problems at all beaches. The assessment is made in four aspects: pollution control; natural conditions; environmental management; and, tourism management.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/13-beaches-good-environmental-condition-named/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-25

These are very controlled beaches, some military. On Ao Manao you are barely allowed to breathe within a kilometre of the place, absolutely no activities on the beach except swimming at certain times.....and a general curfew in the resort to boot. Is this a precursor to applying the same regulations country wide?

There's not much point in having beautiful beaches if they cannot be enjoyed.

These are very controlled beaches, some military. On Ao Manao you are barely allowed to breathe within a kilometre of the place, absolutely no activities on the beach except swimming at certain times.....and a general curfew in the resort to boot. Is this a precursor to applying the same regulations country wide?

"A Military Beach"!
Answers everything you may ever have wondered about how, by whom and for whom the country is run.

Sent from my KENNY using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

51 minutes ago, coulson said:

Yup Ao Manao is getting much more restricted nowadays (my wife was told to move for sitting under the wrong tree on the beach a few months ago) 

But on a plus it does have fully dressed lifeguards wearing life jackets , just in case ,sitting under the trees ,and at the far end despite being "beautiful and clean" the same 3 tyres are lying on the beach or just in the water and they have been there about 5 years!.

Edited by poohy

56 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

That photo looks a lot like Thung Wua Laen Beach in Chumphon....but that beach was not on the list.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i don't believe that list. there's some beautiful immaculate beaches in and close to Chumphon that would surely make such a list. I tire of reading stats, polls and all the other general made up garbage over here

3 hours ago, coulson said:

Au Manoa has plenty of activities on and off the beach. Security is tight what do you expect on a military base?  You obviously picked a bad day.

13 beaches with good environmental condition named
By Thai PBS

IMGP5356.jpg&key=0e4396f06a90a994d91f1499e2d4a1de8b88c5c1aa5a513bb0f1ab89774dff8f

Thirteen beaches in six provinces have been found to be of a very good environmental condition in an assessment by the Pollution Control Department of the Natural Resources and Environment Ministry.

The assessment was carried out under the “beaches with stars” project for the year 2017. 

The project has been carried out since 2002 as a tool to know the environmental quality of sea beaches for better prevention of and solution to environmental problems at all beaches. The assessment is made in four aspects: pollution control; natural conditions; environmental management; and, tourism management.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/13-beaches-good-environmental-condition-named/
  thaipbs_logo.jpg&key=d34ba2086cd411fee0de91d758992a2739d51a531e2b9abaa083f36ed34e55b6 -- [emoji767] Copyright Thai PBS 2017-12-25
I dont never go for a swim in the sea. There are fish inside.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I get the feeling from reading the article, that the rankings and assessments are based on a lot of things beyond just water quality. The fact that you keep seeing military controlled areas on the list kind of suggests that.  The military may be great at policing the beach itself, but I seriously doubt they have any control over water quality out in the ocean areas along those beaches.

2 hours ago, Godang said:

Au Manoa has plenty of activities on and off the beach. Security is tight what do you expect on a military base?  You obviously picked a bad day.

It was a weekend. 

I did think it was a nice place, beautiful bay. Made enquiries about renting a kayak.....told not permitted.

What is there to do there?

19 minutes ago, coulson said:

It was a weekend. 

I did think it was a nice place, beautiful bay. Made enquiries about renting a kayak.....told not permitted.

What is there to do there?

I got beaten up by a gang of Muslims for drinking beer near the beach on Ao Manao .

7 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

That photo looks a lot like Thung Wua Laen Beach in Chumphon....but that beach was not on the list.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Thung wua lawn beach is dirty, has sand flies and is destroyed every weekend by Thais.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the top 100 in anybody's standards

7 hours ago, Happy enough said:

i don't believe that list. there's some beautiful immaculate beaches in and close to Chumphon that would surely make such a list. I tire of reading stats, polls and all the other general made up garbage over here

Tung Wallen could be ok but cross it off the list of peaceful beaches due to sand flies.

Had Sairi is beautiful but PTT oil pit between Paknam and Had Sairi also make it a no no for environment.

Which do you go usually?

11 minutes ago, CantSpell said:

Tung Wallen could be ok but cross it off the list of peaceful beaches due to sand flies.

Had Sairi is beautiful but PTT oil pit between Paknam and Had Sairi also make it a no no for environment.

Which do you go usually?

usually paknam because that's where i live and the house is about 500 yards away from the beach there 555 so I'm there everyday, Hat sairee is pretty pants mate. I'll let you explore to find the best ones ; )

but yeah for evening food and relax with a bit of raggae then cabana is alright. never noticed the sandflies mate i have to say. do a decent pizza though ; )

Edited by Happy enough

6 hours ago, Godang said:

I live there and can concur that here are plenty of activities available. Having something to eat and a cold beer is pretty normal. I only have to sign in/out with my passport on Thai holidays when there are lots of visitors. Any other day i just get a small nod at the gate and can continue driving. For a military base i would say that is a very low security level.

The beach is clean and the water is clean probably because there is only one hotel and they do not dump their waste water in the sea. Beach is also kept clean every day, enough young 'soldiers' to do the work. I have seen bananaboats, jetskis once in a while and even some windsurfing. Kite surfing is available at Prachuap Bay just next to the bridge that is close to the mountain with the temple. That beach is also clean but does have a river mound which probably carries some pollution. I don't have a business there so i have no financial interest.  After been searching all along the Thai coast from Trang to NakonSiThamarat i thought this was one of the nicer beaches and close to a city. It is popular during the weekends with Thai people, not so much with foreigners.

2 hours ago, Khun Jean said:

I live there and can concur that here are plenty of activities available. Having something to eat and a cold beer is pretty normal. I only have to sign in/out with my passport on Thai holidays when there are lots of visitors. Any other day i just get a small nod at the gate and can continue driving. For a military base i would say that is a very low security level.

The beach is clean and the water is clean probably because there is only one hotel and they do not dump their waste water in the sea. Beach is also kept clean every day, enough young 'soldiers' to do the work. I have seen bananaboats, jetskis once in a while and even some windsurfing. Kite surfing is available at Prachuap Bay just next to the bridge that is close to the mountain with the temple. That beach is also clean but does have a river mound which probably carries some pollution. I don't have a business there so i have no financial interest.  After been searching all along the Thai coast from Trang to NakonSiThamarat i thought this was one of the nicer beaches and close to a city. It is popular during the weekends with Thai people, not so much with foreigners.

I live there( well in wahkor) too and have for 8 years , Ao Manao  beach is ok, but certainly not pristine or blue flag in fact disgusting after weekend thai crowd has left.

New kommandant is less friendly than old it seems and is no showing it!

Banana boats in ao manao and some speedboats but kitesurfing is in phracuap bay where they dump the town shit

Beach  near me in wakor is deserted but not particularly safe for swimming i am told