Over 50. Thai Girlfriend + New Born Daughter Born Here

You know about the retirement. Yes marriage would also open up the 40k family income option. Another option would be to live with your child which has not monitory requirement (designed for those over 50 for life care type situations I suspect but no requirement the child be an adult in wording of regulations). Have only seen reports of this being done in Bangkok by forum sponsor Sunbelt so if you want to try that option I would advise you contact them and discuss it.

• 4 weeks later...

Called Sunbelt and left my phone number as the person who deals with this was busy. Did not get a callback. Did not have enough time in Bangkok this time to visit their offices, so am asking this question again in the hope someone may know if it's possible to go the 40K route not being married.

Called Sunbelt and left my phone number as the person who deals with this was busy. Did not get a callback. Did not have enough time in Bangkok this time to visit their offices, so am asking this question again in the hope someone may know if it's possible to go the 40K route not being married.

If you do marry. You do not need to have any income or funds in the bank, as you have a Thai child and are over 50 years old. We just need the birth certificate and marriage certificate.

If you do not marry. You still would qualify having a Thai child but as your daughter cannot write her name on the Kor. Ror 11 at the district office. The court would need to sign the Kor. Ror. 11 on behalf of her. Our professional fee to get the court to sign for your daughter, would be 8,500 Baht.

If your daughter can sign the Kor Ror 11 ( stating you are the father) then we just need this form with the birth certificate. No 400,000 Baht or income of 40K per month are required to get the one year extension of stay permit.

Our professional fee is 6,500 Baht plus 7% Vat to get the extenstion of stay permit. Government fee is 1,900 Baht.

Yes I know that option is available, but not really to me as my g/f is also a director of our startup company and I believe if you get married then this is not allowed and I do not want to go searching for someone to hold shares.

If this company is not holding land and she still is a Thai citizen, then it’s allowed. If she gave up her Thai citizenship, then it would be a foreign company

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thanks Sunbelt.

I will pay a visit to your offices and get this sorted.

I would like to take the option below as my daugther is only a few months old, I'm in Hua Hin does that make any difference to you. What documents do you require?

OPTION

'If you do not marry. You still would qualify having a Thai child but as your daughter cannot write her name on the Kor. Ror 11 at the district office. The court would need to sign the Kor. Ror. 11 on behalf of her. Our professional fee to get the court to sign for your daughter, would be 8,500 Baht.'

The company is holding land and at the moment would like to keep the company structure as is.

Thanks Sunbelt.

I will pay a visit to your offices and get this sorted.

I would like to take the option below as my daugther is only a few months old, I'm in Hua Hin does that make any difference to you. What documents do you require?

OPTION

'If you do not marry. You still would qualify having a Thai child but as your daughter cannot write her name on the Kor. Ror 11 at the district office. The court would need to sign the Kor. Ror. 11 on behalf of her. Our professional fee to get the court to sign for your daughter, would be 8,500 Baht.'

If you travel to Bangkok, it’s no difference as we go to the District Office here. (We do not need to go to the District Office or Court where your daughter was born)

If we need to travel to Hua Hin, then we have traveling expense for two separate round trips to that town. One trip to obtain the court approval and the second trip for the day; your daughter, you and the lawyer meet at the District Office with the Court appointed Representative.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

If you do not marry. You still would qualify having a Thai child but as your daughter cannot write her name on the Kor. Ror 11 at the district office. The court would need to sign the Kor. Ror. 11 on behalf of her. Our professional fee to get the court to sign for your daughter, would be 8,500 Baht.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

IMHO, 8,500 baht is very reasonable. I paid a Nakhon Sawan lawyer 10,000 baht for this 7 years ago.