Bring Filipina to Thailand

Hi Guys,

does anyone has experience bring his filipina girlfriend over to Thailand? I have heard that some got refused at the airport already by airline or Immigration of Philippines.

I have heard theyt they must have at least 20.000 Baht cash money for 1 month. To make sure they not get refused might be better to make a VISA in Manila?

As you're asking about a Filipina to Thailand I'll move your post to a more appropriate forum, this one is for people visiting countries other than Thailand.

I am aware that the Philippine Immigration Officers do sometimes prevent their national permission to leave the country if they suspect they're being trafficked.

Normally is it can be more of a problem for them to leave the Philippines. She will need to explain why she is making the trip to here.

For entering Thailand the is specific restriction for them entering the county.

Unless she has made several trips to here before she will not have a problem entering the country to get a 30 day visa exempt entry. For a visa exempt entry the requirement to have 10k baht in cash is standard for all nationalities.

The 20k baht number is for entry with a visa.

No problem, for the Thai Immigration either Tourist Visa or not, they didn't ask even one question... BUT Philippines Immigration are so strict.. as their own citizens leave the country. Especially for their first time and tourist, I'd a friend who his girlfriend she was offloaded, the IO told you're not married to she. Then, cannot do anything.

On my case, I'd to sign so many papers that I will care about my Filipina and send her back to Philippines, after 2 weeks. Which it never happened :)

Edited by Danielsiam

A good friend here was in the process of bringing his Philippine girlfriend to Thailand in 2017. She had valid passport but got stopped at Manila airport by Philippine officials because of their rule requiring young single women to have attended a gov't information course ore foreign travel. This was due to their concerns about women being exploited for sex and domestic slavery. So a certificate of completion of attendance at such course is required before they can leave. No problem on Thai side, just usual immigration per Ubonjoe info above.

4 hours ago, keeniau96 said:

A good friend here was in the process of bringing his Philippine girlfriend to Thailand in 2017. She had valid passport but got stopped at Manila airport by Philippine officials because of their rule requiring young single women to have attended a gov't information course ore foreign travel. This was due to their concerns about women being exploited for sex and domestic slavery. So a certificate of completion of attendance at such course is required before they can leave. No problem on Thai side, just usual immigration per Ubonjoe info above.

So only the "exit" course certification is needed?  Where do you get this?  How much does it cost?

Is that all Filipino immigration want to see, or is there additional fees involved?

The best way is to go get her in person. If you go through exit immigration together you should have zero problems. Avoid Clark, you will have better luck with Manila. 

The whole problem is the Philippine immigration officers and not Thailand entry. 

Its not just the women who are offloaded the men are offloaded as well if they suspect they are working here. 

The issue not not fear of being trafficked or sex issues. The whole thing revolves around only one thing, money.  Its a money making game. The Philippine government wants a cut. They have this whole overseas worker system in place and it of course costs alot of money to join, If they did not offload the workers then no one wold join in. Those on vacation or going on exotic trips with their  foreign BF's are not the ones they are after. They are after the Filipinos who are working abroad. They want the social security tax and all sorts of other fees and taxes. 

• Like 1