New year's eve - I will drive after drinking, what about you ?

dpdp

Cheers, of course the title is just to push you to read this page, I won't drive at all because I sleep where I drink.

But how many of you will have to drive after drinking, even long time after ?

Do not lie ! Foreigners keep talking about Thai who drive drunk, but how many of you are doing exactly the same thing ? And you really think that you are better than Thai ?

If you think that it's ok because you will stop drinking many hours before driving, you are just lying to yourself and to people who will be in your car.

Anybody who hasn't decided to sleep where he drinks or to go by taxi is plain stupid. And if you rely on someone who is supposed not to drink, you are the same.

Just interested to know if someone is going to tell the truth...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, of course the title is just to push you to read this page, I won't drive at all because I sleep where I drink.

But how many of you will have to drive after drinking, even long time after ?

Do not lie ! Foreigners keep talking about Thai who drive drunk, but how many of you are doing exactly the same thing ? And you really think that you are better than Thai ?

If you think that it's ok because you will stop drinking many hours before driving, you are just lying to yourself and to people who will be in your car.

Anybody who hasn't decided to sleep where he drinks or to go by taxi is plain stupid. And if you rely on someone who is supposed not to drink, you are the same.

Just interested to know if someone is going to tell the truth...

Here's some facts for you

- not everybody drinks
- there's plenty of people that dont feel the need to get drunk on NYE
- not many people will admit publicly to a crime in advance

You sound like you have a drinking problem. You seem to set your sleeping arrangements around your habit.

Is this thread just to make yourself feel better by finding people with bigger drinking issues you can look down on?

Personally I think its better to start the New Year with a clear head.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

Personally, I believe that drink driving is a fool's game - irrespective of country or nationality! I like to drink and I like to drive, but I never drink drive! 

This year, like most years, I'll be ringing in the new year close to home so I can have my usual 2 or 3 bottles of beer Chang and then just walk home. 

2 hours ago, Dagnabbit said:

Here's some facts for you

- not everybody drinks
- there's plenty of people that dont feel the need to get drunk on NYE
- not many people will admit publicly to a crime in advance

You sound like you have a drinking problem. You seem to set your sleeping arrangements around your habit.

Is this thread just to make yourself feel better by finding people with bigger drinking issues you can look down on?

Personally I think its better to start the New Year with a clear head.

Sent from my SM-A720F using Tapatalk

Enjoy your boring life with you family I guess.

Family is the worst thing that could happen to me and anybody with a brain.

i sold my bikes when i found out they will enforce law about drinking,

i pretty much only drive to and from go-go bars anyway.

i will buy electric bicycle when i get back,

that way they cant even charge me for helmet or speeding

Edited by poanoi

Driven and drove all my life before all road driving prevention UK stuff came in.

I think the law on drink/drug was a good thing,

Makes me take care and not drink over limit if driving, and if in Thailand they make it zero % blood alcohol for driving that's fine with me.

2 hours ago, dpdp said:

I don't drink. To me anything alcoholic tastes like garbage and I like sugar..... so I'll drink Bailey's occasionally because it's......sweet.

But I can't even drink that because I have GERD.

So, I'll stuff myself with chocolates before midnight.

Edited by theguyfromanotherforum

I think there's a difference between driving over the limit and driving drunk.  How are we defining 'drunk'?

I barely drink anymore but I'm sure I've driven over the limit occasionally in the past.  But I wouldn't call myself drunk on those occasions.  Tipsy, maybe.

Edited by dfdgfdfdgs

14 hours ago, dpdp said:

Comments that prompt the question: Are you old enough to drink?

Ah, the happy days when words such as they rolled off my ignorant, adolescent tongue so easily.

I'd rather pay 200 baht for a moto taxi to/from where I'm going, than a 20,000 baht fine for getting caught driving under the influence. Not to mention the more severe consequences that could come from getting into an accident.

(Though there is a very real possibility that I'd be more sober than any of the taxi drivers and the risk of an accident is probably just as high due to all the people that will be driving while plastered._

41 minutes ago, Enoon said:

Comments that prompt the question: Are you old enough to drink?

Ah, the happy days when words such as they rolled off my ignorant, adolescent tongue so easily.

Or when we could drink large amounts without feeling the after effects. LOL.