keyboard - numbers not working?

1FinickyOne

f you tried Clear and Shift+Clear to no avail, you probably have a setting enabled in the accessibility options of OS X that is preventing the numeric keypad from acting exclusively as a means of typing numbers. This setting is called Mouse Keys, which allows a user to control the onscreen cursor using the number pad on an extended keyboard.

Please see: http://osxdaily.com/2014/12/01/number-keys-not-working-mac-keyboard-fix/

Yes. Thanks - my keyboard does not have that extended area as in the photo above... so, no "clear" key...

The enable mouse was unchecked - I picked up an inexpensive keyboard... will have to use that. The local Apple dealer was also no help but may try there again when they have a more senior assistant... 

Thanks again. 

yes, thanks, 

Just now, jenny2017 said:

OP, why don't you try a new keyboard? Or one from a friend? 

yes, Thanks, I have a new keyboard... to replace the mac keyboard was 3500 baht - I have a logitech for 350 baht,... [note those ##s]

only problem with this one is I am not sure if there is a way to adjust the volume??? 

1 hour ago, kenk24 said:

yes, thanks, 

yes, Thanks, I have a new keyboard... to replace the mac keyboard was 3500 baht - I have a logitech for 350 baht,... [note those ##s]

only problem with this one is I am not sure if there is a way to adjust the volume??? 

Please read here: https://superuser.com/questions/319396/how-do-i-control-the-volume-with-a-non-mac-keyboard