UBER Taxi

Johnice

Even if you need a lift 0.5 km to/from the airport, you have to pay 350 Baht. The app will show 78 Baht or whatever, but the driver will demand 350 and put you on the phone with an Uber representative if you disagree. I don't know why they don't just fix the app but that's the way it is. Been there, done that - only 10 days ago.

9 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Even if you need a lift 0.5 km to/from the airport, you have to pay 350 Baht. The app will show 78 Baht or whatever, but the driver will demand 350 and put you on the phone with an Uber representative if you disagree. I don't know why they don't just fix the app but that's the way it is. Been there, done that - only 10 days ago.

I wonder how much they pay the guy who plays the Uber rep.

That's genius.  Evil.  But genius.

3 hours ago, impulse said:

I wonder how much they pay the guy who plays the Uber rep.

That's genius.  Evil.  But genius.

Except that my wife was handed the phone and spoke with the guy from Uber. Furthermore, he gave her 87 Baht in credits for the inconvenience of having to get out.

6 hours ago, elektrified said:

Except that my wife was handed the phone and spoke with the guy from Uber. Furthermore, he gave her 87 Baht in credits for the inconvenience of having to get out.

Aw, gee.  You're no fun. 

12 hours ago, Johnice said:

Don Muang DMK to city BKK

Just wonder why you posted this in the CHIANG MAI Forum when you actually talk about Bangkok ?

And at DMK airport, it is for sure easier and even cheaper to use a regular metered airport taxi. UBER is expensive from both airports, and it can be a hassle to actually detect your driver in the mess that are DMK and BKK airports