UK multiple visa obtained- Schengan visa help!

We are going to the UK next month and have already got the UK multiple entry visa.

Whilst we are there in Europe because we are going for a month, we may as well do a short visit to Spain, France or Portugal, with the cheap deals available from the UK at this time of year.

We did get the Schengen visa for Spain once before whilst in the UK, but that was many years ago now, but were told next time to apply in the country of origin of the national, i.e. Thailand.

Has anybody else done this recently in similar circumstances and which would be the quickest and easiest Embassy in Thailand to apply for the Schengen visa please?

Your request needs to be specific and is usually granted ONLY to cover the exact dates of your time in the member country.

I think you need to get your exact dates sorted out first .... no issue if you apply based on, say, 10 days and only go for 3.... but the reverse does not work.

There are reports that Spain is a pain to deal with. I applied to the Netherlands embassy (with a suitable itinerary) then changed my travel plans to Spain later.

• Like 1

We were thinking of doing a similar trip in June, also for a month. 

As time is limited I thought just one other country plus a short tour of the UK the same as we did before.

However, I thought it might be easier just to fly to Spain ( or Greece/ Italy ) first , then on to the UK to avoid back tracking. For this I thought it would be easier just to apply for the two visas required in advance once we had definite travel dates.

I thought maybe that if you booked a return flight to London using Alitalia or Iberian airlines from Bangkok , that flight would obviously be routed via Rome or Madrid at which time you could get a 4-5 day stopover. Might be cheaper than flying to the UK then back tracking. Less tiring too.

You could be right but I have already booked and paid the airline for the UK portion of the trip so that is now set in stone.

We could always break it by visiting Ireland or Scotland I suppose.

1 minute ago, Scouse123 said:

You could be right but I have already booked and paid the airline for the UK portion of the trip so that is now set in stone.

We could always break it by visiting Ireland or Scotland I suppose.

Well....in that short interval I just did a quick check and it seems that none of the airlines I mentioned fly from Bangkok anymore .

The only options are France , Germany ,  and The Netherlands . Still, might do a thorough check later.

If you want to travel around the UK , Scotland is nice ( but gonna be cold and grey ) or try the Isle of Wight . Took the wife there in 2016 and spent a great week there. Need wheels though as buses expensive.

Anyways....have a nice trip and hope you get lucky with the weather.

• Like 1

Who is we? And are you married?

If you means 'me a Briton and my Thai wife', you should be able to get the visa from any Schengen embassy or consulate  (with visa facilities) in the world. Though some embassies who wrongfully insist on being requires to apply from the country of origin. This is only so for regular visa applications but certainly not the case for the 'VIP' free visa issued ASAP with minimal documentation under Freedom of Movement directive 2004/38 for non EU/EEA family members traveling with or joining their EU family member on a short or long stay. So a Thai wife with British spouse could apply for a Schengen visa in the UK or while in Zimbabwe on a holiday or even without any legal residence/visa status at all. But some embassies wrongfully refuse to help you in such cases or make a fuss about it.

Because of these illegal practises by some embassies and simply because applying as far in advance as possible it's generally best to apply for a visa in the country of origin. 

See the Schengen sticky near the top of this forum for more information.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2018 at 3:59 AM, nickboyuk said:

My wife got her Schengen at the French embassy in Bangkok and even gave her a refund as its free. Was easy and a got a year one so we used it to go the Spain too.

I like the sound of this, I will check further about it.

On 07/01/2018 at 4:03 AM, Here It Is said:

The state of things, you should've got her settled years ago.   

Hi, Sorry, I don't know what you are meaning here. You mean the state of things in Thailand?