Savannakhet Visa Run. (an Update)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than make two trips to the 'easy to find" Laos Embassy in "Town in Town" Wang Tong Lang - which I have never heard of - (or pay 200 baht extra and wait) is it not easier just get a Visa -on-Entry at the Laos border?

Certainly for the Vientiane Friendship bridge crossing this is the easy option (and only 35 USD for 30 days for UK Passport holder, but generally more if you pay in baht)).

http://www.bkklaoembassy.com/Map/map.htm

From Victory Monument get bus 92 .. down Lad prow rd .. get off at Big C Lad Prow .. Taxi down Ramkhaeg Haeng (about 40 Baht)

:)

also easily accessible from eastern Sukhumvit...take the 501 or 71 or 40 up Suk Soi 71 (Pra Kanong) to Ramkamhaeng soi 35 (Wat Tep Lila)...hop on the white songthaew on soi 35 headed west, 6 baht, and in 10 minutes you will pass the Cambodian Embassy, Lao Embassy is just around the corner.

• 1 year later...

also easily accessible from eastern Sukhumvit...take the 501 or 71 or 40 up Suk Soi 71 (Pra Kanong) to Ramkamhaeng soi 35 (Wat Tep Lila)...hop on the white songthaew on soi 35 headed west, 6 baht, and in 10 minutes you will pass the Cambodian Embassy, Lao Embassy is just around the corner.

I think you mean Ramkamhaeng soi 39. Soi 35 ends at the river.

Lao visa is not one fixed price, it depends on your nationality.

Free for Swiss,15 days transit...rolleyes.gif

Swisstouristpattaya, on what date did you last get a free visa entry into Laos with permission to stay for 15 days?

Swiss National are exempted from a Laos Visa on Arrival, same as Russians, Japanese, Thai, Philipinas, Mynmar, Singaporeans, Malaysians, Cambodians and Vietnamese.

I am not sure about the duration of that visa free stay.

All other country need a Visa, some countries have to apply at a Embassy, but most can get Visa on Arrival.

• 2 months later...

Hi All. Great thread. Just wanted to let you all know that I noticed that a new and modern looking Thai consulate general is under construction in Savannakhet (seems to be in the early stages and I don't have any further information regarding the estimated completion date) so it does look as though they are looking to expand the current service. Regards

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

I would just like to inform you that from May 1st, we have launched a new Thai Visa Run Program to Savannakhet, Lao PDR. Our pricing is currently very competitive as we are looking to attract more expats living in Thailand to visit our Hotel & Entertainment Complex. We also provide VIP service assistance for Visa application and passport collection (in the majority of cases, we can go through the whole process on your behalf). The easiest way to join our program is to arrive at Mukdahan, where our welcome center is located. I won't bore everyone with the full details, as they are available at the following website: www.savanvegas.com/visarun should you be interested. There is also a contact form on that page if you have any questions for me.

Thank you and best regards,

Savan Vegas Hotel & Entertainment Complex.