Lampang

Justfine

I visit my wifes family there from time to time and i always enjoy Lampang. admittedly theres not a lot going on but the morning market is over 100 years old and is one of my favourite places in Thailand. If youre moblile, theres some great places to visit in surrounding areas. nice for soem peace and quiet.

I do remember a bar on the river that had some bands playing.

Yeah - there's a few things to see around there.....

We went and found some things to do on a one day trip then opted to spend the night....There was a hotel close to the night (Saturday?) market & river and wandered around....A few of those street facing buildings look like they came right out of New Orleans + some great old Thai teak buildings.....

People were hanging all over an old bridge there to watch thousands of swarming birds returning at sundown...

The place had a nice vibe to it with only a few farangs (for me a plus)....More home town-ish....

5 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Yeah - there's a few things to see around there.....

We went and found some things to do on a one day trip then opted to spend the night....There was a hotel close to the night (Saturday?) market & river and wandered around....A few of those street facing buildings look like they came right out of New Orleans + some great old Thai teak buildings.....

People were hanging all over an old bridge there to watch thousands of swarming birds returning at sundown...

The place had a nice vibe to it with only a few farangs (for me a plus)....More home town-ish....

And you can ride around town in a horse drawn buggy!

3 hours ago, ramrod711 said:

And you can ride around town in a horse drawn buggy!

True that - these are found by the Wat - wooden & beautiful....Worth a look even if you've been "Watted" out.....

Took this one through a mirrored tunnel we happened on & I turned around to snap after a quick glance while driving......There was a Wat there + a beautiful old double teak house - 3rd pic.....

images-36.jpg

FB_IMG_1503657794165.jpg

FB_IMG_1503657904733.jpg