Illegal pub demolished

Rimmer

Illegal pub demolished

image.png

PATTAYA:--A South Pattaya pub was ordered demolished for being constructed without proper permits.

Regional building inspection chief Chris Chunsuriya oversaw the start of demolition Dec. 21 at the Muse Pub at Bali Hai Pier.

The two-story building was erected without permission by Volna Entertainment Co. on 476 sq. meters of land near the jetty. City hall ordered construction halted on Nov. 15. The order was ignored.

Officials then hired a private contractor to take down the building and bill the owner for the cost.

The process is expected to take 45 days.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2018-01-05

45 days.... I suppose one guy with a sledgehammer will take a while but even that seems lengthy for a flimsy looking building.

They should have hired a better equipped genuine contractor instead of the usual family members.

It appears someone with better connections does not want the competition.

At least that is my conclusion considering all the buildings on the ocean side

are illegal. :coffee1:

3 hours ago, Emster23 said:

I thought they might be starting in on beach side of Walking Street demolitions..... what ever has become of that?

Ssshhh! They have formed a committee to rule if the buildings were buildings, and another to rule if they are indeed illegal (which will prove impossible because the paperwork has been lost), and committees have been formed to elect members of those committees. Another committee will decide if all those committees are legal. This all takes time.

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Ssshhh! They have formed a committee to rule if the buildings were buildings, and another to rule if they are indeed illegal (which will prove impossible because the paperwork has been lost), and committees have been formed to elect members of those committees. Another committee will decide if all those committees are legal. This all takes time.

You forgot to mention the committees to be formed to decide if the first committee's decisions are legal and binding.......and another to oversee..........

23 hours ago, The manic said:

Good. That whole end of WS is tedious and vile.

This building is not on Walking Street, but near the marina entrance, on the street to the lighthouse

1 hour ago, Ulic said:

It appears someone with better connections does not want the competition.

At least that is my conclusion considering all the buildings on the ocean side are illegal. :coffee1:

There is no competitor in this area. The only other building is the Coast Guard Station...

14 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

This building is not on Walking Street, but near the marina entrance, on the street to the lighthouse

There is no competitor in this area. The only other building is the Coast Guard Station...

Might as well knock that down to ...just in case!!!

On 1/5/2018 at 2:25 PM, The manic said:

Good. That whole end of WS is tedious and vile.

As Pattaya46 said its a stand alone  out near the lighthouse. And that whole area is a junkyard :

The two garbage piers and all the decaying failed marina structures train wreck /piled up along  the breakwater all the way to the lighthouse. 

On 05/01/2018 at 3:53 AM, Rimmer said:

City hall ordered construction halted on Nov. 15. The order was ignored.

To me it looks like a well established building... not something built recently. maybe they are just reverting it back to a shell? other wise they could have pulled it down in 15 mins with a JCB (Backhoe).

On 1/5/2018 at 10:54 PM, fakename said:

How can the officials hire a contractor, and tell the contractor to send the bill someone else. 

Yeah, interesting that somebody took the job.  I recall a big request for proposal up in Bangkok recently but nobody would bid on the demolition.

10 hours ago, Basil B said:

//. maybe they are just reverting it back to a shell? other wise they could have pulled it down in 15 mins with a JCB (Backhoe).

Below: April 2017: The same building covered with Police Orders demanding the total demolition of the building for Public Land Encroachment...

This building is closed for several years. Only a part of it encroaching public land, but the owner played a stupid game with Pattaya authorities with countless broken promises of doing himself the demolition, and at the end the court ordered demolition of the whole building. (Same story and sanction as for the Boutique Hotel)

image.png

image.png

image.png

4 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Yeah, interesting that somebody took the job.  I recall a big request for proposal up in Bangkok recently but nobody would bid on the demolition.

It happens here in the UK, in my line of business the police can ask locksmith companies to secure premises and send the

bill to the property owner, I will not undertake this type of work as getting paid is like trying to get blood out of a stone and is contrary to contractual law where the person commissioning the work is responsible for payment.

On 1/6/2018 at 6:54 AM, fakename said:

How can the officials hire a contractor, and tell the contractor to send the bill someone else. 

Quite easily I would imagine, especially if the people receiving the bill had refused to halt construction of a property after being told said construction was illegal..

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Quite easily I would imagine, especially if the people receiving the bill had refused to halt construction of a property after being told said construction was illegal..

it has been there for years. it has also been awaiting demolition for years

5a54d41e07715_jan6050(Custom).JPG.c62b4d53e71e5342761a22ec8442d164.JPG

taken jan 6.

as for the boutique hotel after 4 years of delays  it now looks like this....................

5a54d46cd6484_jan6014(Custom).JPG.57c3da203ee99b45640879bb90ffafae.JPG

also taken jan 6

5a54d487a0942_jan6015(Custom).JPG.abeff3df1d97dfa52b59807c6801ec5b.JPG