Rising tide leaves pickup sunk in Phuket sand

webfact

Rising tide leaves pickup sunk in Phuket sand

Eakkapop Thongtub

1515124940_1-org.jpg

The stranded Chevrolet pickup is pulled from the sand at Bang Tao Beach. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: It took more than an hour for the owner of a pickup truck to have his vehicle removed from Bang Tao Beach yesterday (Jan 4) after it got stuck in the sand due to the rising tide.

Officials from the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) Phuket office who are stationed at Cherng Talay Tambon Administrative Organisation (OrBorTor) were notified of a car being stuck in the sand in front of the Best Western Premier Bangtao Beach Resort & Spa in Thalang at 7:50pm.

Cherng Talay Patrol Police together with DDPM Phuket officers arrived at the scene to find a Chevrolet pickup truck 30 metres away from shore line filling with sea water.

Full story:  https://www.thephuketnews.com/rising-tide-leaves-pickup-sunk-in-phuket-sand-65412.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-05

It can easily happen. I did that 31 years ago on a beach in Balikpapen, Borneo. All us various managers used to gather at the weekend for drinks at a jungle bar with our white hardtop Toyotas. I was pulling another car out the sand and I got stuck. Tide coming in.  Locals had me over a barrel and I had to pay over the odds to get unstuck before car would be swamped with water. Never helped with towing after that.   

2 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

It can easily happen. I did that 31 years ago on a beach in Balikpapen, Borneo. All us various managers used to gather at the weekend for drinks at a jungle bar with our white hardtop Toyotas. I was pulling another car out the sand and I got stuck. Tide coming in.  Locals had me over a barrel and I had to pay over the odds to get unstuck before car would be swamped with water. Never helped with towing after that.   

Reduce tire pressure to 5 psi

often works in soft sand

need a pump after that, but better than seawater in car