Anyone bought a 2018 accord yet?

I was looking at these but the v6 engine they used to use seems to be replaced by  a detuned 2.0 litre turbo from the civic type R

On fuel consumption and performance they are fairly comparable but I think if they were both available in 2018 spec id still rather the v6 

Any thoughts? 

On 06/01/2018 at 2:48 PM, DavisH said:

I imagine that we will get a 1.5 turbo or the old 2.4. Forget the 2.0 turbo or 3.5. They would push the accord well over 2m baht. The accord hasn't been released in Thailand yet.

I think they could sell the 2.0 litre for 1.8mm

There is no reason for it to cost much more... And Toyota will still have a  v6 in 2018 I think

2 hours ago, speedtripler said:

I think they could sell the 2.0 litre for 1.8mm

There is no reason for it to cost much more... And Toyota will still have a  v6 in 2018 I think

Both the previous accord and camry V6 cost close to 3M baht (nearly 10 years ago). They barely sold any - anyone with that kind of money will buy a face car (benz/bmw). The hubrids are likely to be 1.8M baht, and that is with tax breaks. A 2.0 turbo accord would need to be imported.

3 hours ago, DavisH said:

Both the previous accord and camry V6 cost close to 3M baht (nearly 10 years ago). They barely sold any - anyone with that kind of money will buy a face car (benz/bmw). The hubrids are likely to be 1.8M baht, and that is with tax breaks. A 2.0 turbo accord would need to be imported.

For 3 million I also would not buy one 

The hi end Kia stinger looks like a weapon on reviews but I wouldn't pay the Thai price for one either 

Hopefully more manufacturers will start assembling in  Thailand.... 

5 hours ago, speedtripler said:

For 3 million I also would not buy one 

The hi end Kia stinger looks like a weapon on reviews but I wouldn't pay the Thai price for one either 

Hopefully more manufacturers will start assembling in  Thailand.... 

Assembled in Thailand or not, German cars cost the same price.

Archived