time before passport expires

I will return to Thailand with eight weeks left before my British passport expires. I have a re entry visa up to the date of that expiry. Could there a problem with Immigration regarding only eight weeks left on my passport? Quantas would not let my grandson embark in the UK to come to New Zealand via Thailand with only three weeks left on his passport despite having assurances from Thai Immigration that he would be allowed in. Maybe Quantas could be the fly in the ointment? Any advice?

A passport valid for your length of stay is the only requirement. I assume you mean you have a re-entry permit (it is not a visa).

Quantas may of been using the New Zealand entry requirements when they denied your grandson boarding his flight.

It would be best to get a new passport before returning to Thailand.

The IO should give you a maximum of 8 weeks (remainder of your passport validity), or the remainder of your re-entry permit if less. Worst case the IO would give you 30 days. You won't be denied entry because of 8 weeks remaining on your passport.

8 minutes ago, Master Jairam said:

I have single entry B visa. In case I want to make a home visit how many days prior to flying to India should I apply to immigration for a rentry permit. Is it available for the asking at the airport? Can I get it a few minutes before flying out?

You can apply for a re-entry permit at your local immigration office at anytime before your trip, or you can get one at the airport on the way out. You should allow at least 20 mins extra time to apply for the permit at the airport.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, elviajero said:

You can apply for a re-entry permit at your local immigration office at anytime before your trip, or you can get one at the airport on the way out. You should allow at least 20 mins extra time to apply for the permit at the airport.

Thank you very much Sir, very very kind of you!