Die in Thailand

overherebc

Let's say you have no belief in the hereafter. No belief in the imaginary sky gods etc, etc.

I don't believe in any of that crap, no matter what, you live, you die, end of. 

All above not open to discussion.

I don't want, when I go, any service, ceremony in any way.

Bury me, preferably burn me in the back garden or the vacant plot of land next door etc.

Tie concrete weights to my feet and drop me in the ocean.

Any suggestions out there for an inexpensive solution?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a buddy that was distraught over his girlfriend so flew his plane under the Golden Gate bridge out into the Pacific Ocean until the plane ran out of gas.....

They found his plane, but not him.....

Might be a plan for you to consider......

Donate your whole body to science. Who knows, maybe some clinical researcher will find something interesting inside your corpse.

When they've cut, diced, sliced and poked everything in you, they'll burn you for free and return the bits to your rellies.

And it's all for free !! Google "whole body donation" for tons of info.

15 minutes ago, electric said:

Donate your whole body to science. Who knows, maybe some clinical researcher will find something interesting inside your corpse.

When they've cut, diced, sliced and poked everything in you, they'll burn you for free and return the bits to your rellies.

And it's all for free !! Google "whole body donation" for tons of info.

Unfortunately, the Thai hospitals etc don't always want your body.

A friend was rejected and had to have a conventional cremation.................. Thailand..... not welcome in life, not welcome in death! :smile:

Let's say you have no belief in the hereafter. No belief in the imaginary sky gods etc, etc.
I don't believe in any of that crap, no matter what, you live, you die, end of. 
All above not open to discussion.
I don't want, when I go, any service, ceremony in any way.
Bury me, preferably burn me in the back garden or the vacant plot of land next door etc.
Tie concrete weights to my feet and drop me in the ocean.
Any suggestions out there for an inexpensive solution?

Usually it's not about what you believe... Since you will be dead after all, but it's about what your wife or kids or loved ones believe and how and if they want to remember you. Get cremated and they will put you in a jar until theres no one left to care is the best way to go.

1 hour ago, reenatinnakor said:

Usually it's not about what you believe... Since you will be dead after all, but it's about what your wife or kids or loved ones believe and how and if they want to remember you. Get cremated and they will put you in a jar until theres no one left to care is the best way to go.

Not even interested in that.

While I feel the exact way as the OP. Once you're dead then you're dead, but the question to the OP is even if you find the way you want to go you won't know if your wish is being followed anyway. So does it really matter?

1 minute ago, Ulysses G. said:

I feel the same way as the OP about what happens to my body, but am not going to worry about something that I don't care about. If someone wants to have a service or cremate me, no problem.

Any thoughts on being stuffed and mounted on a plinth at Tapae Gate?

11 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Any thoughts on being stuffed and mounted on a plinth at Tapae Gate?

As you would be dead and have no idea of it again why would it matter? If people wanna see my stuffed body lol have at it once I'm dead I'm done with it

Do you have a Thai will?  If not you absolutely should. 

I can only speak about US Government requirements.  Other governments have different requirements and you need to find out what they are.

If you die in a hospital the doctor can certify the cause of death.  If you die outside of a hospital the US Government requires that your body be autopsied.  This costs money since you must pay for the body to be transported to Bangkok and then you are charged for the autopsy.  The cost of the cremation is on top of cost of the autopsy.

If you don't have a Thai will you can run into wonderful US Government requirements.  The body can be held until the next of kin is contacted and the correct government forms faxed to your Embassy in Thailand giving directions on how to dispose of the body.  If it is difficult finding the next of kin the US Government can have your body held in a cooler for up to a year at 1000Bt/day, that will charged to your next of kin when found.  If the next of kin won't pay for the funeral the US Government will hold the body for up to a year then ship the body home in a sealed metal casket.  They will then put a lean on the next of kin for the total cost.

If you don't have a Thai will it can take up to a year and three or four court visits by your next of kin, or whoever they give their power of attorney to, to go through probate.

Get a lawyer, preferably a farang who shares a law office with Thais.  Have it set up so that someone in Thailand has the power of attorney so they can see to your body and estate. Some law firms can set up a pre-paid package with a funeral home.

On 06/01/2018 at 6:34 PM, pgrahmm said:

Had a buddy that was distraught over his girlfriend so flew his plane under the Golden Gate bridge out into the Pacific Ocean until the plane ran out of gas.....

They found his plane, but not him.....

Might be a plan for you to consider......

Wonder who footed the bill for the search and rescue mission?

15 minutes ago, 8OA8 said:

Wonder who footed the bill for the search and rescue mission?

Good question.....Don't recall if he left a note - but think he did....The Coast Guard usually patrols the costal waters....My guess it would have been them....

He was one of most genuinely nice guys (and family) you'd ever know....Not sure what knocked him that far out of kilter....

Most teaching hospitals are glad to accept bodies, they even have a temple service to thank the next of kin. I know someone who did it in Bangkok, donated a relative that is,  and the hospital took care of all costs including the final cremation.

On 1/6/2018 at 7:22 PM, Jip99 said:

Unfortunately, the Thai hospitals etc don't always want your body.

A friend was rejected and had to have a conventional cremation.................. Thailand..... not welcome in life, not welcome in death! :smile:

If you are a registered donor of your remains you will be accepted.

Of course you must register while alive...... 

Edited by hansnl

57 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

I can only speak about US Government requirements.  Other governments have different requirements and you need to find out what they are.

If you die in a hospital the doctor can certify the cause of death.  If you die outside of a hospital the US Government requires that your body be autopsied.  This costs money since you must pay for the body to be transported to Bangkok and then you are charged for the autopsy.  The cost of the cremation is on top of cost of the autopsy.

If you don't have a Thai will you can run into wonderful US Government requirements.  The body can be held until the next of kin is contacted and the correct government forms faxed to your Embassy in Thailand giving directions on how to dispose of the body.  If it is difficult finding the next of kin the US Government can have your body held in a cooler for up to a year at 1000Bt/day, that will charged to your next of kin when found.  If the next of kin won't pay for the funeral the US Government will hold the body for up to a year then ship the body home in a sealed metal casket.  They will then put a lean on the next of kin for the total cost.

If you don't have a Thai will it can take up to a year and three or four court visits by your next of kin, or whoever they give their power of attorney to, to go through probate.

Get a lawyer, preferably a farang who shares a law office with Thais.  Have it set up so that someone in Thailand has the power of attorney so they can see to your body and estate. Some law firms can set up a pre-paid package with a funeral home.

There is no requirement for an autopsy unless foul play is suspected; 

Autopsies, if required, can be done locally;

Hospital storage charges vary but are nowhere near THB 1k per day, I have read that Chiang Mai RAM, for example, charges 216 baht per day;

Cremation costs vary but can be had for as little as 15k at a local Wat;

Power of Attorney can be done very easily and quickly,  even from overseas.

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Yes I can confirm this.....His neigbours have all "moved"....Well that's what he told me...5150.gif.3ffa4b6d2ded7c7befc11362e4fd43df.gif

Soi Dogs make good fertilizer...besides you need one of these to mince the meat they sell here, so you can eat it....only problem is the blades go dull very quickly.

Back on Topic....My plan is to be cremated without ceremony...and shipped home in a Jar as luggage...

Edited by weegee

Just now, weegee said:

Soi Dogs make good fertilizer...besides you need one of these to mince the meat they sell here, so you can eat it.

Back on Topic....My plan is to be cremated without ceremony...and shipped home in a Jar as luggage...

So I ain't got to ....love-song-smiley-emoticon.gif.64bdb9749f9b97efbd5c3c224a9dcb46.gif.... then.....?...

Why is the OP going out of his way to insult those people who have different beliefs than himself....sounds like "The D"....imnature in the extreem, like he thinks it's "tough talk" or something?

Edited by dotpoom

2 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

Thank god I am not American !!!