Trump rejects author's accusations, calls self 'stable genius'

rooster59

Ever since he uttered those words, this 80s Australian joke hit kept going around in my head. It includes the lyrics:

‘If you're lucky some day you might see me on the street
My crystal clear complexion is as snow white as a sheet
'Cause some say I'm a genius, to others I'm a loon’

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump has already authored his own tell-all

If many of the statements Trump has made publicly in the past few weeks were contained in a tell-all, we would suspect the author of malicious exaggeration. The president has recently taunted FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe for “racing the clock to retire with full benefits,” attacked the “Deep State Justice Department,” taken credit for the lack of commercial airline crashes, urged “Jail!” for former Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin, called for the sacking of two journalists, claimed the news media will eventually “let me win” reelection to keep up their ratings, displayed a sputtering inability to describe his own health-care reform plan, claimed that a cold snap disproves global warming, boasted of having “a much bigger & more powerful” nuclear button than Kim Jong Un, tried to prevent the publication of Wolff’s book, and insisted he is “like, really smart” and “a very stable genius.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/forget-fire-and-fury-trump-authored-his-own-tell-all-long-ago/2018/01/08/8ca05476-f4b6-11e7-b34a-b85626af34ef_story.html

As far as his mental deterioration, however you want to label it or not, that's an objective fact. Just watch interviews with him 20 to 30 years ago compared to recently. There is a dramatic difference in vocabulary and sentence structure. Many older people remain as sharp as ever going into their 80s, 90s, and beyond. Not trump and he's only in his early 70s now. That is a fact.

https://theweek.com/articles/699175/time-start-talking-about-trumps-mental-health

"Perhaps most tellingly, Trump's speech patterns are vastly different now than they were years ago. All the above might be excused if they were single instances — healthy people occasionally mix up names or get disoriented, too. However, Trump did not used to be like this."

Edited by Jingthing

It isn't exactly earth shaking news that trump is unfit to be president. Many prominent REPUBLICANS were saying exactly that before he got nominated and elected, even explicitly calling him CRAZY.

Now this --

WATCH: Top Democrat Says Most Of Congress Thinks Trump Is Mentally Unfit

“I don’t think anyone is particularity surprised by what has been revealed in the Wolff book, in terms of what people closest with Trump have about his capacity to do the job,” Schiff told host Jake Tapper. “I don’t think there’s anyone in Congress, frankly of either party, who does not concur at least privately with those observations and concerns. Certainly very few are willing to express it publicly in Congress — to the detriment of our institution.”

https://forward.com/fast-forward/391666/watch-top-democrat-says-most-of-congress-thinks-trump-is-mentally-unfit/?attribution=home-top-story-9-headline

17 hours ago, riclag said:

What proof do you have of his mental incompetency? The left said President Reagan was mentally incompetent. Past President's have had crisis in the past and they handled them,some good some bad.

I don't need any proof to know that someone is a sandwich short of a picnic. We make those assessments subconsciously on people all the time, in the pub at work, wherever we are, and 9,9 times out of 10 we are correct.. 

5 hours ago, atyclb said:

you are amazing since many doctors i know tell me an x ray is  required to know if an arm is broken.

Not that amazing, clearly your arm was 'slightly broke', if I were to hit it 3 times with a baseball bat it would be seriously broke and you would not need any Doctor with an x-ray to tell you your arm is broke believe me. Same as Trumps head, it is seriously broke, no Doctor needs to tell me otherwise. The fact I think it is worry enough. 

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Where he couldn't bully people out of their money, he settled a lot of cases to avoid a conviction.

Where is he after he settled those cases?Bottom line, he paid his due for what ever  business misfortune he might of incurred before being elected to the highest office in the land.Getting back to the post no proof of mental competency for one of the truly remarkable persons of this century. To go from  one of the wealthiest and successful business men in the USA ,to non politician candidate to POTUS .

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Where is he after he settled those cases?Bottom line, he paid his due for what ever  business misfortune he might of incurred before being elected to the highest office in the land.Getting back to the post no proof of mental competency for one of the truly remarkable persons of this century. To go from  one of the wealthiest and successful business men in the USA ,to non politician candidate to POTUS .

I completely agree that he is extraordinarily remarkable. As an adjective. The disagreement comes with what NOUN to use. 

1 hour ago, riclag said:

What is truly amazing about comments like this is that they take no account that Trump was born into immense wealth. And that once his father retired from the family real estate business Trump rapidly managed to plunge it into bankruptcy by overpaying for prestige properties. Some genius negotiator. Banks refused to do business with him. Until, oddly enough, Deutsche bank started to lend him money. Probably completely unrelated that Deutsche bank has very strong ties to Russia. They just lent him money because of his winning smile.

5 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Trump has already authored his own tell-all

If many of the statements Trump has made publicly in the past few weeks were contained in a tell-all, we would suspect the author of malicious exaggeration. The president has recently taunted FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe for “racing the clock to retire with full benefits,” attacked the “Deep State Justice Department,” taken credit for the lack of commercial airline crashes, urged “Jail!” for former Hillary Clinton aide Huma Abedin, called for the sacking of two journalists, claimed the news media will eventually “let me win” reelection to keep up their ratings, displayed a sputtering inability to describe his own health-care reform plan, claimed that a cold snap disproves global warming, boasted of having “a much bigger & more powerful” nuclear button than Kim Jong Un, tried to prevent the publication of Wolff’s book, and insisted he is “like, really smart” and “a very stable genius.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/forget-fire-and-fury-trump-authored-his-own-tell-all-long-ago/2018/01/08/8ca05476-f4b6-11e7-b34a-b85626af34ef_story.html

although the terms "hysteria" and "agitation" refer to observed, seen and heard  behaviors, you and some select others have the uncanny ability to relay them via written format.

"“Trump also appears deeply reluctant to learn anything more about a given country or conflict. He has come to despise National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster, according to Wolff, because McMaster’s briefings are full of dry information about various global hotspots.That guy bores the shit out of me,” the president reportedly declared after meeting the general for the first time, an impression that hasn’t changed over the course of time. Within six weeks, Wolff writes, Trump was threatening to fire McMaster for being too boring."

https://www.vox.com/world/2018/1/8/16863064/fire-and-fury-book-trump-michael-wolff

12 hours ago, Silurian said:

When the headline says it all. You just can't make this stuff up!

Dipshit President Attacks Surveillance Bill His Own White House Says Must Pass

https://gizmodo.com/dipshit-president-attacks-surveillance-bill-his-own-whi-1821983594?

Sad and infuriating fact: the bill is being passed with majority Democratic rather than Republican support.  Maybe that’s what confused Trump.

12 hours ago, Silurian said:

When the headline says it all. You just can't make this stuff up!

Dipshit President Attacks Surveillance Bill His Own White House Says Must Pass

https://gizmodo.com/dipshit-president-attacks-surveillance-bill-his-own-whi-1821983594?

He was watching the wrong TV program at the time, it's where he gets his opinions from

• 3 weeks later...