Rover lawn mover spare parts

sahteep

Hi, I have a Rover hand-pushed lawn mower (with a Briggs @ Stratton engine) that has worked flawlessly for 16 years.  Replacement  cutting blades, etc. easily ordered from Rover dealer in Bangkok.  This dealer can no longer be contacted and I have  been told that there is no longer any Rover lawn mower dealer in Thailand.  Does anyone know if this is correct?  Searching the web I have not been able to find any on-line Rover lawn mower shop that will ship to Thailand. What to do? It seems such a waste to scrap the whole thing  just because I can not get replacement cutting blades.

Any info or suggestions MUCH appreciated. Many thanks.

Have you a friend or family in your home country that can send you some blades .

Not knowing your modal, but a quick look at Google,are your blades short, that bolt on to a bottom knife?.

If so would blades from a grass strimmer do the job ?remember this is Thailand , Thai's are good at makings things work , take the whole  lot to  a local guy and see what  he says.

As Arjen said some photos of the blades would help.  

Grass strimmer blades might do the job they would be a bit shorter  than the genuine ones, and the mounting holes, could be smaller in the strimmer blades, but  they could be drilled out.

Honda blades may be a better bet .

It might mean a bit of work ,but as the op said pity to scrap a good mower because of no available blades.

• 8 months later...

Not sure if the original poster is still following this. Google led me here, and I am looking for the exact same thing. Good news is, this bloke has them in Aus at $3 a blade. He recommends renewing the bolts at $6.35 a pair. Grand total $24.70. However the cheapest postage he offers is $51. Roughly 1850 baht in total delivered.

https://www.outdoorking.com

Haven't tried Lucky Star in Bangkok yet.