How to get started, and where?

happy2

9 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:

If thats the case why ask here? Why not ask a legitimate financial advisor?

Actually I did, a friend who was highly qualified to comment from a professional background. His view a couple of months ago was to steer clear, this was about the time Bitcoin crashed from $8000 to around $6000, subsequently trebling in value a few weeks later. So I'm disinclined to pay too much attention to those in the financial services industry where cryptocurrency is involved - too many with an over cautious or blinkered viewpoint, or possibly with vested interests of their own. The whole thing is uncharted territory. 

By contrast I've often found asking on Thaivisa extremely helpful when it comes to specific or practical questions relating to living here, such as visas, health issues, tech questions etc. The fact that there's now a Cryptocurrency subforum and a growing number of people who have some experience with this here makes it a very valid place to ask,  not least with regard to the technicalities involved in opening accounts locally etc. I'm not asking for advice on whether I should invest or not, but rather how to go about it, and whether it makes more sense to do so in Thailand or UK. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, happy2 said:

Actually I did, a friend who was highly qualified to comment from a professional background. His view a couple of months ago was to steer clear, this was about the time Bitcoin crashed from $8000 to around $6000, subsequently trebling in value a few weeks later. So I'm disinclined to pay too much attention to those in the financial services industry where cryptocurrency is involved - too many with an over cautious or blinkered viewpoint, or possibly with vested interests of their own. The whole thing is uncharted territory. 

By contrast I've often found asking on Thaivisa extremely helpful when it comes to specific or practical questions relating to living here, such as visas, health issues, tech questions etc. The fact that there's now a Cryptocurrency subforum and a growing number of people who have some experience with this here makes it a very valid place to ask,  not least with regard to the technicalities involved in opening accounts locally etc. I'm not asking for advice on whether I should invest or not, but rather how to go about it, and whether it makes more sense to do so in Thailand or UK. 

The comment was intended mostly as sarcasm. However, your reply reenforces my belief that traditional financial markets are corrupt. Cyber currencies don't pay them a cut so they are not recommended. :stoner:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, happy2 said:

Thanks for the replies. I'd certainly take the approach of diversification and at a low level of investment where I'd be comfortable at taking a loss. However it's the monumental gains of not just one but many of these currencies in the past year that has me on the hook. Like many here I have the feeling that some of them have the potential to rise much further. 

I'm still not quite clear as to whether it's wiser to do this from here or the UK. For a start Thai bureaucracy is a notorious headache in any arena, and setting up accounts locally doesn't sound any exception. I prefer to keep most of my money in my home country anyway, and given that these transactions are carried out entirely online, wouldn't it make more sense to just do it UK side, from my UK bank account?

but its not really diversifying in the true sense. If Big bitcoin goes down ALL the alt coins follow. You diversify when you own some crypto currencies as well as gold, property, bonds, usd etc....

7 hours ago, happy2 said:

go to reddit forum for real savvy crypto investors. NOT thai visa!

• Thanks 1

I am curious has anyone used the iq option app? It mysteriously appeared on my android phone. At first I thought it was a game. But now I understand it is a trading app. 

Edited by Grumpy Duck

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,  does anyone know where I could buy a bitcoin wallet in Pattaya ?  I recently read a story about a man who lost all his coins after buying a wallet off ebay so I was looking  to buy from a local, larger, safe retailer,  maybe at the mall or Powerbuy,  Big-C ? 

I do  Not want to order from Lazada or AliExpress for the above reasons. Thanks for any help.

3 minutes ago, OmegaRacer said:

I bought the Ledger S on Lazada, no problem. Just make sure that the passwords are not already printed out (like on a scratch card), but that you have to write them down manually from the device.

Thanks...I may have to if I can't find one locally.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I hope someone can explain something to me...I am thinking about buying some coins on 'bx'   and transferring them to a 'Trezor'  hardware wallet...I don't understand where the coins or coin info is stored ... They say that if you lose your 'Trezor' wallet to just go and buy another one and use the recovery seed and password to restore your coins...That would indicate to me that the coins and coin info are being stored in the cloud or at the 'Trezor' website or servers...  If so,  then how is that really safe and what is stopping those places from being hacked and you losing everything ??? I am posting this on several sites to get more replies.  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

There are lots of different ways which you can earn bitcoin.These include free options and also paid options like mining, buying coins which offer rewards etc. Free to join and you can earn bitcoin in many ways including the following:

• Watching Videos
  • Playing Games
  • Downloading Apps

Buy mining is tedious and time consuming process, so you can simply buy bitcoin anonymously with credit card . I suggest to check out CoinMama service. All you need to do is create an account, get your credit card and place your order on your CoinMama dashboard. I recently read one article that BTC will reach $17,000. So hurry up!

15 minutes ago, MuntyC0re said:

There are lots of different ways which you can earn bitcoin.These include free options and also paid options like mining, buying coins which offer rewards etc. Free to join and you can earn bitcoin in many ways including the following:

• Watching Videos
  • Playing Games
  • Downloading Apps

Buy mining is tedious and time consuming process, so you can simply buy bitcoin anonymously with credit card . I suggest to check out CoinMama service. All you need to do is create an account, get your credit card and place your order on your CoinMama dashboard. I recently read one article that BTC will reach $17,000. So hurry up!

I have been with a German Company that has been around for almost 10 years, they deal in Pure Gold Bullion, an incredible business opportunity, buy 999.99 pure Gold Bullion and save in minimum 1 Gram denominations , get paid generous commissions for referals , totally optional BTW.

Anyway, they are just launching their own Coin backed by Gold, but get this, they will give you Free ICO Tokens now 40% bonus until it goes live on the Exchanges, the 40% Bonus expires in around 11 Hours, and then it drops to 30% until 7th March.

This is what you do, register as an Affiliate totally FREE to register, buy CashGold, which can be delivered to your Door in over 130 Countries fully insured by Fedex or have them them store your Gold for FREE which is what i do, you can cashout anytime.

Buy 1 Gram of Cashgold in your Backoffice, this will automatically credit you 200 ICO Karatbars Tokens FREE Coins in other words, please PM Me for a chat i will explain all, i am currently in Thailand.

Register your Free no obligation Account here, and get back to me :  www.goldincentive.com

• 2 weeks later...