New Mercedes Benz pickup due out when in Thailand

madmax2

Does anyone have a clue about when the MB pickup will be released in Thailand and how much its going to cost, a lot of U tube videos on it and it looks impressive

A step up for people who prefer a pickup instead of a sedan to carry extra gear in the rear as long as its not priced over the top it should hold its value if kept long term 

Snippet :-

It has been jointly developed with the Nissan-Renault Alliance with lots of similarities to the Nissan Navara and Renault Alaskan.

Mercedes has said it has no plans to sell the X-Class in Thailand, although the German car maker may explore selling a version here in 2019, it has been reported.

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Snippet :-

It has been jointly developed with the Nissan-Renault Alliance with lots of similarities to the Nissan Navara and Renault Alaskan.

Mercedes has said it has no plans to sell the X-Class in Thailand, although the German car maker may explore selling a version here in 2019, it has been reported.

Fair enough,the body is the same as the Navara, not much else is, the Navara must be made locally by the price of it, if MB assembled their pickup locally which makes sense if they use the Navara body it would not get all the import taxes and duties and should be reasonably priced (for a MB)

3 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Fair enough,the body is the same as the Navara, not much else is, the Navara must be made locally by the price of it, if MB assembled their pickup locally which makes sense if they use the Navara body it would not get all the import taxes and duties and should be reasonably priced (for a MB)

Hi, the Body looks the same , but is 5 cm wider thrn the Nissan,no part off the Nissan will fit only the Drive unit. The engine is the same but Mercedes will bring out a 285 Hp Diesel soon.

Also it has no Leafspring like The Nissan.Top conf. in Germany € 54000,- Starts at € 37300,-

10 minutes ago, smudger1951 said:

Times are a changin, should'nt we be waiting for the autonomous all electric Tesla pick-up. ?

I read a article recently about Tesla going to manufacture a heavy duty all electric prime mover/tractor truck 

Be interesting to see what if they end up manufacturing anything except maybe a sedan

11 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Luckily Benz has no plan to price reasonably anything, this is why we like it, unlike BMW ready to give mom and dad (and 5 years free maintenance) to sell more cars...

I am sure that this pickup will cost more than 2 MB and hopefully 3 MB.

6 hours ago, canthai55 said:

So you are buying a fat Nissan with an upgraded interior - at what may well cost 3 to 4 times as much.

Sounds like a good deal to me 555

Only cheap charlies who never drove a Benz can speak like this. Nobody pays only for a badge and interior, all Benz are a lot better to drive, even the cheapest ones. Compare to a Benz, even the top camry or accord are crap to drive.

If the running gear is Nissan, it will drive like a Nissan. No 3 pointed star, leather glove box door, or mood lighting can change that.

Anyone who would buy a MB or BMW here, when you can do a lot better for less, and be different than the sheeple doing it, I will never understand.

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

If the running gear is Nissan, it will drive like a Nissan. No 3 pointed star, leather glove box door, or mood lighting can change that.

Anyone who would buy a MB or BMW here, when you can do a lot better for less, and be different than the sheeple doing it, I will never understand.

Reminds me of that old joke..... 

What's the difference between a Mercedes and a hedgehog? 

On the hedgehog, the pricks  are on the outside..... :whistling:

9 hours ago, dpdp said:

Luckily Benz has no plan to price reasonably anything, this is why we like it, unlike BMW ready to give mom and dad (and 5 years free maintenance) to sell more cars...

I hope for 5MB another 2 mil for idiot tax.

The only thing you can do in your MB pickup that you can't do in a regular pickup is pleasure yourself over your delusion of greatness by spending twice as much for nothing more than image.

9 hours ago, dpdp said:

Only cheap charlies who never drove a Benz can speak like this. Nobody pays only for a badge and interior, all Benz are a lot better to drive, even the cheapest ones. Compare to a Benz, even the top camry or accord are crap to drive.

I hired a Benz for a 700km trip in Oman many years ago, it was crap! The seat had a stupid roll feature that felt like you were being rocked around and couldn't feel the road because of it, the drive was mediocre and the a/c packed up after about 2 hours making it a long hot journey delayed whilst waiting for a garage to fix it.

Every trip after that I hired an Audi, vast improvement....

5 minutes ago, Tofer said:

I hired a Benz for a 700km trip in Oman many years ago, it was crap! The seat had a stupid roll feature that felt like you were being rocked around and couldn't feel the road because of it, the drive was mediocre and the a/c packed up after about 2 hours making it a long hot journey delayed whilst waiting for a garage to fix it.

Every trip after that I hired an Audi, vast improvement....

Ridiculous. I had 5 benz in a row, all brand new, and never even 1 time I had any problem with it, in Europe as in Thailand.

54 minutes ago, dpdp said:

Ridiculous. I had 5 benz in a row, all brand new, and never even 1 time I had any problem with it, in Europe as in Thailand.

How is it ridiculous when it is a fact, unless you are calling me a liar.

It was a top range, can't remember the model, saloon hired in Oman for my weekly trip from Muscat to a project in Sur, as I got fed up flying and had more time on my hands to (try to) enjoy the drive. My company Nissan Patrol and Mazda 323 city run around were unsuitable for such a journey, and so was the Merc, and an Aston Martin Lagonda I took on one occasion.

Mercs are frumpy and quite dated in styling. BMW's have lost the plot with their designs , although I have owned them and enjoyed the ride. Jaguars beat them hands down for the ride quality and styling, IMO.

In the West, the German cars make sense. Can get a V8, mucho HP, decent service, and at a price that is not too bad.

Here - overpriced, slow, easily beaten by cars 1/3 their price. Old Foggies love them tho' - look at how many buy them. Look-At-Me, I am HISO HISO !!! While they live in a house which costs 20% of what they paid for that junkbox. And the younger generation that buy a 2 litre car for 3 million - 555

14 minutes ago, Rdrokit said:

Just what we need here in Thailand is another pickup. Reminds me of the Cadillac EXT pickup which was discontinued in 2013. No one wanted a luxury pickup.

To be fair though there is a major difference between quality design, engineering & build and American cars.

14 hours ago, dpdp said:

If people like you were really the last of the big spenders you would be driving a Bentley(30MB) not a MB which most models cost under 6MB but still overpriced here compared to Australia by a lot

2MB is about all anyone would pay for a pickup if they want to sell any in Thailand or anywhere else in my opinion, certainly no more than 2.5MB for the top model

I recently talked to a Russian guy who told me the MB he owned here in Thailand had quite a few mechanical and other problems that they fixed under warranty, now drives a Wildtrak of all makes and is happy with it so far, tends to put me of MB a bit having owned a Wildtrak

57 minutes ago, madmax2 said:

If people like you were really the last of the big spenders you would be driving a Bentley(30MB) not a MB which most models cost under 6MB but still overpriced here compared to Australia by a lot

2MB is about all anyone would pay for a pickup if they want to sell any in Thailand or anywhere else in my opinion, certainly no more than 2.5MB for the top model

I recently talked to a Russian guy who told me the MB he owned here in Thailand had quite a few mechanical and other problems that they fixed under warranty, now drives a Wildtrak of all makes and is happy with it so far, tends to put me of MB a bit having owned a Wildtrak

What was wrong with the wildtrak? 

I am considering buying one.... 

6 hours ago, dpdp said:

And how long did you own these 5 cars? They are less reliable than a camry or accord in the long run. That's a fact. Thailand or elsewhere. Who in their right mind pays 3M baht for a german taxi - their resale sucks and cost a bucket to maintain over 5 yrs old. 

1 hour ago, speedtripler said:

What was wrong with the wildtrak? 

I am considering buying one.... 

Nothing if it only requires  normal servicing, from my own experience plenty if you have mechanical problems and faults and expect Ford motor company to fix them under warranty

10 hours ago, canthai55 said:

In the West, the German cars make sense. Can get a V8, mucho HP, decent service, and at a price that is not too bad.

Here - overpriced, slow, easily beaten by cars 1/3 their price. Old Foggies love them tho' - look at how many buy them. Look-At-Me, I am HISO HISO !!! While they live in a house which costs 20% of what they paid for that junkbox. And the younger generation that buy a 2 litre car for 3 million - 555

What is better, buying a house for your wife that you will lose as soon as she wants to leave you ?! But it's ok because you have already been more cheated back home ?

I prefer to buy expensive cars and spend money for myself than others ! Nobody cheats me except Merc, and it's only because I decide it !

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

And how long did you own these 5 cars? They are less reliable than a camry or accord in the long run. That's a fact. Thailand or elsewhere. Who in their right mind pays 3M baht for a german taxi - their resale sucks and cost a bucket to maintain over 5 yrs old. 

3MB is for poor guys.

A s-class costs 7MB at least. Top model 15MB.

All worth the money spent <3

44 minutes ago, dpdp said:

3MB is for poor guys.

A s-class costs 7MB at least. Top model 15MB.

All worth the money spent <3

6 hours ago, madmax2 said:

Nothing if it only requires  normal servicing, from my own experience plenty if you have mechanical problems and faults and expect Ford motor company to fix them under warranty

Was your wildtrak in Thailand or overseas? 

What issues did it have? 

Was it the 2.2 or the 3.2 model? 

I was thinking about buying one but there are about 700 of them for sale on just one site I checked .... (seems like a lot) 

A lot of people say the ranger is the best when  it works, but when it doesn't, that's where the shortfall is when you need them to fix it

Toyota is a bit uninspiring tbh and a lot of the same faults are probably also on the mazda bt50 if they're made on the same production line

Don't really want a dmax either but they seem to be bulletproof with the Thai farmers hauling stuff around non stop 

23 hours ago, dpdp said:

Could be true.. In canada lots of people pay a lot more for Acura(Honda) and buick(chevy).. Never understood why people paiod 50% more for a cruze with a buick tag.. could be more than a tag.

Archived