Cryptos Trading Account For US Expats in Thailand

suzannegoh

9 hours ago, Toshiba66 said:

As far as I know there is no connection between the 2 companies. You will find at least one story stating these coins, ico's or companies investing or trading are ponzi schemes. I don't believe USI Tech is a ponzi as we all know who the directors are and they don't appear to be stupid. They are constantly meeting shareholders in person.  Over 1 million people invested with them now. But they did pull out of USA and Canada.

I wouldn't go near USI Tech - haven't spent much time looking at it - they left Canada because they  were looked at as selling securities and they hadn't registered with the Canadian securities commission.

https://hotmlmcompanies.com/usi-tech-warning-alert-issued-by-new-brunswick-canada/

" USA and Canada are really having issues with this whole crypto thing. Some companies are shutting down ops there. "

Again, this, like Bitconnect, does not relate to CRYPTO regulations.

Far from companies shutting down in the USA due to crypto regulations, there is more and more Wall Street and venture capital funds - fully regulated, AML/KYC compliant - entering crypto.

Edited by JimmyJ

10 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

I wouldn't go near USI Tech - haven't spent much time looking at it - they left Canada because they  were looked at as selling securities and they hadn't registered with the Canadian securities commission.

https://hotmlmcompanies.com/usi-tech-warning-alert-issued-by-new-brunswick-canada/

" USA and Canada are really having issues with this whole crypto thing. Some companies are shutting down ops there. "

Again, this, like Bitconnect, does not relate to CRYPTO regulations.

Far from companies shutting down in the USA due to crypto regulations, there is more and more Wall Street and venture capital funds - fully regulated, AML/KYC compliant - entering crypto.

That article by Jesse Singh is a load of rubbish. Its written purely with the intention of getting you to invest with his idea so he can make money..

USI Tech is opening again in USA and Canada within days. It was announced yesterday. Nothing to do with Canadian securities commission.

The new coin that USI is mining will be in the top 10 coins this year. I am more than very comfy with my investment with them. Its a risk like any high return investment but I believe as long as you invest what you are prepared to lose then your ok. If you don't want risk stick it in the bank or under your mattress.

This explains some of it.  

Hello,  does anyone know where I could buy a bitcoin wallet in Pattaya ?  I recently read a story about a man who lost all his coins after buying a wallet off ebay so I was looking  to buy from a local, larger, safe retailer,  maybe at the mall or Powerbuy,  Big-C ? 

I do  Not want to order from Lazada or AliExpress for the above reasons. Thanks for any help.

15 minutes ago, shadowmaster1971 said:

check this out

https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/#/overview

This may help if looking for a soft wallet then consider Enjin, Exodus, myetherwallet etc etc.

For USB device try Ledger Wallet (especially the Ledger Nano S - seems popular) or Trezor Wallet and buy direct from them.

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I hope someone can explain something to me...I am thinking about buying some coins on 'bx'   and transferring them to a 'Trezor'  hardware wallet...I don't understand where the coins or coin info is stored ... They say that if you lose your 'Trezor' wallet to just go and buy another one and use the recovery seed and password to restore your coins...That would indicate to me that the coins and coin info are being stored in the cloud or at the 'Trezor' website or servers...  If so,  then how is that really safe and what is stopping those places from being hacked and you losing everything ???    I am posting this is several threads in the hope of getting more answers. Thanks

Hello, I hope someone can explain something to me...I am thinking about buying some coins on 'bx'   and transferring them to a 'Trezor'  hardware wallet...I don't understand where the coins or coin info is stored ... They say that if you lose your 'Trezor' wallet to just go and buy another one and use the recovery seed and password to restore your coins...That would indicate to me that the coins and coin info are being stored in the cloud or at the 'Trezor' website or servers...  If so,  then how is that really safe and what is stopping those places from being hacked and you losing everything ???    I am posting this is several threads in the hope of getting more answers. Thanks
You need to do a bit of reading on what a blockchain ledger is.
And how your private key can access the account recorded on that ledger.

Sent from my Honor 7x using Tapatalk

You need to do a bit of reading on what a blockchain ledger is.
And how your private key can access the account recorded on that ledger.

Sent from my Honor 7x using Tapatalk

On 2/10/2018 at 9:20 AM, how241 said:

"That would indicate to me that the coins and coin info are being stored in the cloud or at the 'Trezor' website or servers... "

Every Bitcoin ever created exists on the Blockchain, a public ledger, and nowhere else.

The Trezor stores your "private keys". This is a string of letters and numbers - just as a Bitcoin is - that show that you are the owner of the Bitcoin in question.

Trezor has excellent email cs and can answer further questions.

There are also numerous Youtubes showing how to setup and use the Trezor, and no doubt videos explaining the safety and security of the device.

Edited by JimmyJ

8 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

"That would indicate to me that the coins and coin info are being stored in the cloud or at the 'Trezor' website or servers... "

Every Bitcoin ever created exists on the Blockchain, a public ledger, and nowhere else.

The Trezor stores your "private keys". This is a string of letters and numbers - just as a Bitcoin is - that show that you are the owner of the Bitcoin in question.

Trezor has excellent email cs and can answer further questions.

There are also numerous Youtubes showing how to setup and use the Trezor, and no doubt videos explaining the safety and security of the device.

Thanks !!!   I think I am starting to understand this...I did write to Trezor  and their customer service was VERY  good...They sent me a lot of links to read.  Some way too complicated for me but other that are easier to understand.  They even followed up later to see if I was OK...Great service.

On 1/23/2018 at 7:18 PM, Toshiba66 said:

That article by Jesse Singh is a load of rubbish. Its written purely with the intention of getting you to invest with his idea so he can make money..

USI Tech is opening again in USA and Canada within days. It was announced yesterday. Nothing to do with Canadian securities commission.

The new coin that USI is mining will be in the top 10 coins this year. I am more than very comfy with my investment with them. Its a risk like any high return investment but I believe as long as you invest what you are prepared to lose then your ok. If you don't want risk stick it in the bank or under your mattress.

This explains some of it.  

"MUST WATCH!!! USI-TECH IS STILL NOT PERMITTING WIDTHDRAWALS FROM MEMBERS!!!! "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8howxOalA

Published on Feb 3, 2018

They still allow deposits, but do not allow withdrawals.

Nothing suspicious about that.

" I am more than very comfy with my investment with them."

Still comfy?

"The new coin that USI is mining will be in the top 10 coins this year."

Any reason for this?

Who are their developers?

Where is their Whitepaper available?

Who with any credibility feels the same way/has endorsed this organization?

I assume by "top 10 coin" you are referring to what you expect it's market cap to be.

What possible method of evaluation could convince you of that?

Edited by JimmyJ

11 minutes ago, how241 said:

Thanks !!!   I think I am starting to understand this...I did write to Trezor  and their customer service was VERY  good...They sent me a lot of links to read.  Some way too complicated for me but other that are easier to understand.  They even followed up later to see if I was OK...Great service.

Yes, they always follow up - very rare with email cs unfortunately.

Purchase your Trezor direct from them and not from anyone else including their "authorized" resellers.

43 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

Yes, they always follow up - very rare with email cs unfortunately.

Purchase your Trezor direct from them and not from anyone else including their "authorized" resellers.

PS - They are coming out with a new model soon - was originally supposed to be out last month but its release is delayed.

So you may wish to wait and get the newer (more expensive) model.

IIRC - Larger screen with color - supports more coins - info on their site.

However, I've had no issues with the current model and am happy with it.

Edited by JimmyJ

56 minutes ago, JimmyJ said:

"MUST WATCH!!! USI-TECH IS STILL NOT PERMITTING WIDTHDRAWALS FROM MEMBERS!!!! "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA8howxOalA

Published on Feb 3, 2018

They still allow deposits, but do not allow withdrawals.

Nothing suspicious about that.

" I am more than very comfy with my investment with them."

Still comfy?

"The new coin that USI is mining will be in the top 10 coins this year."

Any reason for this?

Who are their developers?

Where is their Whitepaper available?

Who with any credibility feels the same way/has endorsed this organization?

I assume by "top 10 coin" you are referring to what you expect it's market cap to be.

What possible method of evaluation could convince you of that?

Yes very comfy. Withdrawals are taking longer but still happening.

The white paper is there for all to read.

You can do your own research. I am not a financial adviser.

I am not suggesting you invest. They have had more than their fair shares of issues but Mondays announcement will be all good news I think.