Sun, sea, sand... and a £5bn sex trade: Seedy side of Brit crooks' Thai haven

webfact

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

True. I think the good looking ones are on the internet selling direct without having to sit around in a bar every night.

Having said that I met a nice looking one in Chiang Mai a while back, but she was literally new and spoke no English at all. Was using a translation app on her phone to communicate.

I'm very "cyber savy" but have never used any of these dating sites.  Thank God I have still been very lucky "doing things the "old way."

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I do like them hot, young and fit.  Ny friends always "crack" on me about how Pattaya sucks but I "always" have a hot chick.   they say how do you do it.  basically my response is I'm patient and like a spider.  I just wait until they fall in the web...:blush:

1 hour ago, joeyg said:

Bit over the top INHO ...

How?  somewhat of a joke didn't you get it?  Last year up north government officials all over the media was basically running or using a underage sex ring?

Last year, a Aunt who was looking after a family member child 15,  sold her for sex, reported many that took part were government.

All basically reported then swept under the rug.

Now this is my feeling on the subject when I made the comment " like them to grow up fast "  in general!  Thai make babies early, then don't take care of them for many reason some not their fault?  They love them but as soon as they can get on a motorbike there isn't much parental oversight and run around as if they are all grown up and whether we want to hear it or not  we all have been there done that when we were young, that leads to problems and here is no exception. The problems I link it to is the underage sex, pregnancies, and creation of a society underage drinking. Now it isn't just me, even the current PM, in the past have spoken of the above, even try to evoke Section 44 on the drinking issue. 

There are studies that show it takes a brain well into their twenties for it to mature and develop yet here they are set loose thinking they are all grown up by 15, in my village, I have seen 90% of the girls who aren't even 18 pawn off to the first dick that comes by?

It might be over the top to you and that is your opinion but I don't have my head in the sand living here.

Edited by thailand49

1 minute ago, thailand49 said:

How?  somewhat of a joke didn't you get it?  Last year up north government officials all over the media was basically running or using a underage sex ring?

Last year, a Aunt who was looking after a family member child 15,  sold her for sex, reported many that took part were government.

All basically reported then swept under the rug.

Now this is my feeling on the subject when I made the comment " like them to grow up fast "  in general!  Thai make babies early, then don't take care of them for many reason some not their fault?  They love them but as soon as they can get on a motorbike there isn't much parental oversight and run around as if they are all grown up and whether we want to hear it or not  we all have been there done that when we were young, that leads to problems and here is no exception. The problems I link it to is the underage sex, pregnancies, and creation of a society underage drinking. Now it isn't just me, even the current PM, in the past have spoken of the above, even try to evoke Section 44 on the drinking issue. 

It might be over the top to you and that is your opinion but I don't have my head in the sand living here.

I stand corrected actually it's all true.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just how many hairdressers or foot massagers do you think LOS needs?

Perhaps you'd like them to be maids or work in sweat shops?

You want them to work for less than you would even get out of bed for.

Regardless of the above, you seek to impose your morality on others and that is never acceptable. They used to burn people alive because they didn't like their beliefs, but most countries became more sane, and stopped doing that.

Expressing my opinion isn't the same as foisting my morality on others.

I don't give a toss if my opinion aligns with the majority or not but if you don't like what I have to say, please put me on ignore.

You argument is entirely self-serving - ie you want these people to remain in poverty and under-educated because it means you have 

a renewable source of women to pay peanuts for sex - that's your business but you don't have a right to not be offended by

my opinion on the matter any more than I do by your apparent inability to talk about anything but prostitution. 

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The girls are lazy and prefer selling their bodies to old men that give them lots of money, as opposed to a young Thai man that earns a pittance. They also enjoy the party lifestyle.

Why else would so many do it? They can always work in the rice fields for 300 baht a day if they don't actually want to work in the bars.

It amazes me that so many posters that obviously don't know any bargirls as friends profess to know everything about them. I guess they get all their information from red top scandal trash UK papers.

Not all girls are lazy and enjoy the party lifestyle. They cannot always work in the rice fields for 300 baht a day because those who are farmer daughters work for free.

Many farmers in the lower northeast have only one rice harvest a year and life can become very stressful. A rice farm is usually a family business.

Perhaps those who are specialized in cutting rice with a machine can make 300 baht plus a day, but there aren’t too many of them.

2 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Expressing my opinion isn't the same as foisting my morality on others.

I don't give a toss if my opinion aligns with the majority or not but if you don't like what I have to say, please put me on ignore.

You argument is entirely self-serving - ie you want these people to remain in poverty and under-educated because it means you have 

a renewable source of women to pay peanuts for sex - that's your business but you don't have a right to not be offended by

my opinion on the matter any more than I do by your apparent inability to talk about anything but prostitution. 

Thailand has an official labour shortfall of 60,000 to 100,000.  Without guest labour (Cambodians and Burmese) the economy would have problems.  Roughly a million working age men live in temples full time adding to the problems and in my province it seems impossible to get farm or housekeeper staff.  They all want to work for Kubota or Toyota at high wages and out of the sun.  Working in bars is merely a career choice made in accordance with available options.  Work 45 hours in a factory for 10,000 to 16,000 baht a month or party with your mates every night in nice clothes, booze and or Yaba supplied for the same or more money, AND with the possibility of meeting a rich farang....... For many girls who have to move to a different province to find work it is an easy choice.  And yes they do actually have to work to support Mum and an out of wedlock babe or two but they choose where they work.  Farms and housekeeping arn't cool any more.  Some posters should try getting staff before they become all P.C.

On 1/10/2018 at 12:14 PM, Thian said:

There are an estimated 2.8 million prostitutes in the country, with around 40,000 of them children who are forced into selling sex.

I keep on hearing/reading this but have never seen it myself in Thailand. And those children must have parents who are Thai as well i assume.

I just wished Thailand could clean it's name about childprostitution....my wife doesn't even dare to say she's Thai when in Europe.

Yes Thailand is truly a world class hub for sex tourism. Along with no 1 in the world for road deaths. I don't see any country challenging those record breakers anytime soon.

Pattaya should come with a health warning and not just for the polluted beach / dodgy jet ski operators .  It is a dangerous place to be especially if you let your guard down after a few drinks . There are both locals and non locals who will rip you off if given half a chance . There is no doubt that sex is the number one feature of Pattaya and draws millions of 2 week millionaires every year most of whom are here for a sex holiday and daily booze up . It is not a place for a family holiday for sure .  I was there for 2 days just before the new year and glad to get out of the filthy place ( saw many rats running between bars and the locals took no notice ) . Pattaya is passed its sell by date and for the life of me why would any ex pat want to live there is beyond me . There are other places in Thailand that can be enjoyed and provide similar services in a much cleaner and safer environment . BTW that video from the Mirror must be old as I did not see one bar girl using her mobile phone . 

1 hour ago, superal said:

Pattaya should come with a health warning and not just for the polluted beach / dodgy jet ski operators .  It is a dangerous place to be especially if you let your guard down after a few drinks . There are both locals and non locals who will rip you off if given half a chance . There is no doubt that sex is the number one feature of Pattaya and draws millions of 2 week millionaires every year most of whom are here for a sex holiday and daily booze up . It is not a place for a family holiday for sure .  I was there for 2 days just before the new year and glad to get out of the filthy place ( saw many rats running between bars and the locals took no notice ) . Pattaya is passed its sell by date and for the life of me why would any ex pat want to live there is beyond me . There are other places in Thailand that can be enjoyed and provide similar services in a much cleaner and safer environment . BTW that video from the Mirror must be old as I did not see one bar girl using her mobile phone . 

Good; keep the <deleted> away.

On 1/10/2018 at 12:02 PM, steven100 said:

can someone tell me where the crystal clear blue sea is   ? 

Last time i was there  ( and I rarely  go) I saw a sea, a  sea of  "follow my flag waving Chinese tourists"  blocking the entire  road, pack after pack of them. Also  looked  like  many sex  places had  been replaced with   just food  piggeries.

1 hour ago, safarimike11 said:

300 baht a day working in rice fields; tell me where cause my missus will do it.

Ill pay her  500 + free house, water ,electric, Rice , motorbike, internet , can't  find  anyone. Or if she has any friends. I'm serious. pm if  you want more details.

5 hours ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Did you miss the big scandal up North recently where the governor and local officials were caught in a child prostitution ring?

Never heard of that.

So it's all true? In my homecountry they immediatly say childprostitution or pedofiles when they hear the word Thailand...then they ask me why i like to go there.....get tired of that so i don't tell them i have a Thai wife.

5 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Yes Thailand is truly a world class hub for sex tourism. Along with no 1 in the world for road deaths. I don't see any country challenging those record breakers anytime soon.

Yes i know about the sextourism but outside of the famous area's it's hard to find...I never see it in the subs of BKK...

But childprostitution i have never seen at all in Thailand. Not in 15 years.

On 1/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, nanoth said:

English media and many English people are jealous of what is life in Thailand!Life is so boring in their country!

Yoke, must have been written by someone who is blind, deaf and never left their condo. Let me see The Roads they are the best in the world here, The Beach dirty as so many photos show, Condo jumping a fine local sport, water full of turds, Cons, theft, robbery's +. If you think the UK is envious of that then welcome to cloud cuckoo land. All that info can be seen daily here on TV. So the reporter was 100% correct.

21 hours ago, shaurene said:

The poster must have been reading the fiction columns. Good start for a seriouse post.

"Idealic Beaches, (Full of crap) Cristal Clear Water) she must have meant out of the tap. HA HA HA HA HA.

Out of the tap? For god sake do not drink what comes out of the Tap here, its almost as bad as the sea. Use bottle water and you may have a Chance. This ain't the UK you know were water in the tap can be drank.

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Much better than the mirror of lies you get fed here every day and they can write the truth even if it hurts the little pm's feelings, no jail time in the UK for writing the truth is there Jag

2 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

The truth must have hurt here

The anti-Pattaya crowd having a good old wallow today.

Any good websites to book in either a fast express bus coach, mini van, meterless taxi or train, that goes straight to Pattaya from BKK ??!! ...fast please !!!...will also consider a good helmetless motorcycle taxi...

Edited by observer90210