Fixed Deposit@ Kasikorn Bank, Central Festival, Pattaya

I opened new fixed deposit account with Kasikorn Bank transferring money from my savings account with them. While doing that I was asked to fill in three forms which asked country of residence address (UK), working status, ( I stated retired as not working here ) Thailand Address, Income tax  (TIN) Number etc. Two photos were also taken. Has anyone experienced or done this before ? I had deposit  account with them but never had to give so much information although I did not give TIN and was accepted but want to know if this is only with Kasikorn Bank or other banks as well ? Will other banks accept deposit without giving all detailed information ? I asked for copies of form I signed but was refused saying its for Bank use only. Please comment, confirm experiences, advice.

It's all about money laundering,tax evasion, wonder how all

the BIG corruption money gets moved around,when I moved

some money from fixed account to saving account in same

bank,they wanted to know where the money had come from !

You can try other banks they might not be so strict in the

requirements,form filling,might be an idea to open up a

couple of accounts,just keep a few THB in,as things could

get worse,I have a few accounts, but opened long time ago

when it was easy to.

regards worgeordie

When they tell that they will not give you a copy of a form that you signed, take a photo with your phone. I told them I need a copy of all signed agreements because I can't remember everything on the forms.

In most western countries, like Canada, an agreement or contract is not binding unless all parties get a copy of the document, signed by all parties. But this is Thailand, and banks don't have be fair with their customers.