uk immigration

I am a uk citizen going back to uk in June this year, I will apply for a standard visitor visa for my Thai wife before I go to the uk, assuming she is granted a visa then I am planning for her to visit me with our 3 year old son, he already has a British  passport also a Thai one, my question is when they arrive in London my wife will have to go through a separate immigration counter, my son will be entering the uk with his uk passport, as he is only 3 will immigration allow them to pass through together.

Thanks in advance

Just take your wife and son with you through the UK nationals channel.  Should be no problems at all, I asked about it on my first visit with my wife and have used the UK channel without problems ever since.  Similarly returning to Thailand we both use the Thai channel.

5 minutes ago, gmac said:

Just take your wife and son with you through the UK nationals channel.  Should be no problems at all, I asked about it on my first visit with my wife and have used the UK channel without problems ever since.  Similarly returning to Thailand we both use the Thai channel.

I have to go before them due to work

1 minute ago, ancharee said:

I have to go before them due to work

No guarantees but I would be inclined to recommend they try the UK channel anyway as your son has a UK passport.  Much shorter queue and if they are turned away they won't have stood in line for ages before finding out they should be at the other counter.  My experience was that they don't split up families so either queue should be acceptable for both of them together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmac said:

No guarantees but I would be inclined to recommend they try the UK channel anyway as your son has a UK passport.  Much shorter queue and if they are turned away they won't have stood in line for ages before finding out they should be at the other counter.  My experience was that they don't split up families so either queue should be acceptable for both of them together.

Ok thanks for the info

It is actually UKBF policy not to split families up when passing through Border Control, it aslo makes sense as it's better for all family members to be together in case the Border Force Officer wants to ask questions of the familiy.

My wife and I flew into the UK twice last month, once into LHR and once into LGW, on both occasions we both joined the non EU lines as the queues were far shorter.