Confidence in teachers declines amid Thailand 4.0 challenges

webfact

3 hours ago, digger70 said:

Now that's a very poor excuse,You can Teach or you Can't. One should not be allowed to teach in Thailand if one doesn't Speak thai ,for one simple reason One Can't Explain anything ,,,,not good if one just wave ones hands,,,,   (:

Quite so old chap. One should shape up. Tally ho old chap.

social-issues-queen-jubilee-celebration-british-wave-pbtn117_low (1).jpg

The reality is that the education system would be a lot better if all the money allocated ended up there. Unfortunately many pockets are filled on the way through. Snap audit schools (with no tip offs) and I wonder how many directors would be done for embezzlement. Of course this won't happen because everyone involved is bent. Sad really but TIT.

16 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

The reality is that the education system would be a lot better if all the money allocated ended up there. Unfortunately many pockets are filled on the way through. Snap audit schools (with no tip offs) and I wonder how many directors would be done for embezzlement. Of course this won't happen because everyone involved is bent. Sad really but TIT.

One indicator, look at all the new construction projects at the Universities..... stoppage.....

On 1/15/2018 at 7:25 AM, dinsdale said:

There's plenty to say on this article but I like this one. Very difficult if the resources do not exist. Sometimes I'll go into a blackboard classroom and there isn't even chalk.

:WPFflags:

Kids these days just want to play games on phones the same as adults do.  On the underground today in BK it was almost 100% people playing with phones and selfies.  My kid went to school here and even though private , he learnt nothing.

Now I commute back and forth to NZ to save his education.  Kids all over the world now just want a phone to play games on, very sad state of affairs.

On 1/15/2018 at 10:42 PM, kiwikeith said:

Kids these days just want to play games on phones the same as adults do.  On the underground today in BK it was almost 100% people playing with phones and selfies.  My kid went to school here and even though private , he learnt nothing.

Now I commute back and forth to NZ to save his education.  Kids all over the world now just want a phone to play games on, very sad state of affairs.

No phones in my classroom.

In my experience Thai teachers seem more concerned about getting the new car so they can impress their friends and do this by creating additional classes on Saturday , charging parents excessively and claim this is the law a blatant lie  - improving teaching methods and learning from farangs like myself is of no concern - all symptomatic of the wide spread corruption in education across Thailand

• 2 weeks later...

Students change, teachers remain fixed, educational state the same with the same ADMINISTRATION...

Students have been dumb-down... somebody in China is laughing so hard as the influenced thumb thinking...

Archived