EMS no updates since Jan 5th - panicking!

Batty

I sent three packages to the UK on Jan 3rd worth 500GBP, 400GBP and 375 GBP.  Tracked and signed for.  The EMS tracking site lists all the steps from the 3rd through to 5th, but nothing since then.  Nothing has happened in 11 days.  I tracked using Royal Mail website and it comes back with some kind of error message 'we are not able to track your package at this time', or words to that effect.

Im panicking because its 1275GBP worth of gear.  They are scooter accessories that I just sold from a classic scooter I have here. 

Im unsure what to do... Should I wait a few more days then call them on the Thai side?  What happens if they have gone missing, who is liable is it the receiver or the shipper?  In other words, im suppose i would have to refund the three buyer there money and suck up the loss, is that the usual form?  I didnt have insurance on them.  EMS have always been brilliant in the 14 years I have lived here I must have sent back maybe 20 items and each one took around a week to ten days, so maybe stupidly I didnt think insurance was needed.

Im realy panicking about this.  Anyone have any suggestions at all?

Cheers

Batty

I know that in Australia they do not list the article on their system so once it leaves Thailand  the tracking stops, get the receivers to contact the local post offices with the tracking numbers, they might have more luck and always have  insurance(customer pays) on things that expensive. Hopefully they are  just in transit in the UK

Edited by seajae

EMS in UK is not operated by Royal Mail, it's operated by Global Priority which is part of Parcelforce.

Try tracking it here.

https://www.parcelforce.com/track-trace

If that doesn't work you can contact them via the "contact us" link on that page. I had a similar problem last year and they were very helpful and the parcel eventually got delivered.

If it's still in Thailand I wish you luck trying to get any help from Thailand Post. http://track.thailandpost.co.th/tracking/track-help/contact-thai.htm

Edited by billrose

I've sent many 'tracked' mail items over the years and have watched them disappear into limbo.  Says volumes about the efficiency of the postal services on both sides of the ponds. At the suggestion of my sister-in-law in the US, I started sending things via registered mail because she said it was the best way to keep track of things.  About a year ago a US registered mail item 'disappeared'.  I contacted her (being a postal employee) to see if she could track it.  She went silent. <laugh>.  Then I tried filling out a bunch of forms that were a bureaucratic nightmare. Gave up!  After about three weeks it showed up in my mail box.  If I was going to send things worth significant amounts of money or things that are critically important, I'd send them by a private carrier and well insured.  However, my guess is that your stuff will make it to it's destination.  You're just not going to be notified by the postal services.  Contact the person who they were mailed to and have them contact you when the arrive.  Best of luck.  Aren't bureaucracies fun!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by connda